#21 OFFLINE   bummersummer

bummersummer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 50d 1h 5m 17s

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

i also think she loves it and is especially proud of it when compared to the rest of her discog. as for not playing it live, since the songs are so personal & meaningful to her, maybe she just doesn't want to ruin them for her by overplaying them (something that happens to p much all musicians) so she saves them for special occasions? idk.

• DLT, Clampigirl and #JusticeForYosemite like this

#22 OFFLINE   Cupido

Cupido

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 2d 23h 36m 59s

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

lol no. I’m sure she loves it! It’s her most personal record to date. It wasn’t exactly made for the public but for her, that’s why she called it a ‘vanity project’.

+ as lmdr said, in some show of the tour she said it was her favorite.

I'm dying to see a video of that quote, I honestly can't imagine  :creep:

• #JusticeForYosemite likes this

#23 OFFLINE   MrLunknown

MrLunknown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 60d 12h 59m 13s

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

I think it's pretty clear that it's really close to her heart. She performed many songs on different times an there's still time to bring more back (I never really expected MTWBT to come out of nowhere). 

It's just like how half ultraviolence was never performed after getting actually released. 

• Kitschesque and subversive light like this

#24 OFFLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Time Online: 78d 18h 42m 53s

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:34 PM

I think she doesn't do it live much BECAUSE she likes it and it's personal to her.

Back in the paradise era she said Bel  Air is the most personal song on the album. She never sang it once.

Dark Paradise is another one. It's clearly meaningful and true to her, a honest representation of her vulnerable thoughts. She only performed it a handful of times.

Songs like Art Deco, Music To Watch Boys To, Freak, Swan Song, High By The Beach don't translate well to live singing.

And while The Blackest Day is one of  her best songs ever, it's like Heroin...super sad, dark and melancholic. She will never do that one live.

It's a shame about God Knows I Tried though. That is one she could do really well with, her vocalizing would really fit with the repetitive nature of the song

• californianfreak, Sugar Venom, Kitschesque and 1 other like this

#25 OFFLINE   Kitschesque

Kitschesque

whole world's girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Locationwaimea
  • Fan Since:april 2012
  • Time Online: 45d 20h 22m 35s

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

I think she loves it even more than she's claiming because I feel like this is what Lizzy would've been the most proud of. Like Honeymoon is that magnum opus album that you dream about when you fantasize about writing your own stuff for the first time. Plus she's bringing up these crazy melodies and cinematic sound that a lot of what she listens to has, the lyrics have references to other works and themes that she probably wanted to mirror etc.

Long post short, she probably blasts it in her house while reading and sunbathing with the headphones with it on. It's the type of project that won't ever grow old in your eyes.

If I'm coming off as a person who puts words in her mouth I'm sorry it wasn't intentional

• fessle, cashcomesquick, hippocrates and 8 others like this

tenor.gif  afraid of sharks, but not the dark

#26 OFFLINE   DLT

DLT

I'm crying diamonds like a river inside, so sad so sexy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Fan Since:November 2011
  • Time Online: 175d 6h 48m 19s

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

Maybe it is because she thinks people don't appreciate that album as much as the others. Like, I've always seen people on here slandering the true masterpiece Honeymoon is. I personally think she loves the album but wants to play it safely when it comes to her shows. It's a pity because I'd love to hear more of those songs played live.

This!
  • cashcomesquick and Cherry on Top like this

#27 OFFLINE   JehovahThikness

JehovahThikness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Time Online: 118d 8h 34m 15s

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

(MTWBT and HBTB aren't great live at all)

You take that back. MTWBT is absolutely great live, almost better than the studio version. The production is so much better 

Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   Cult Leader

Cult Leader

Rosarey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
  • Locationthe moon
  • Fan Since:October 2012
  • Time Online: 33d 12m 20s

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

Maybe it is because she thinks people don't appreciate that album as much as the others. Like, I've always seen people on here slandering the true masterpiece Honeymoon is. I personally think she loves the album but wants to play it safely when it comes to her shows. It's a pity because I'd love to hear more of those songs played live.

This  :defeated:

On another note, I wonder why she keeps the Honeymoon instagram account? I wonder why she even made it in the first place, like what was the plan for it? It must just be something close to her that she wants to remember that album in a special way forever

• cashcomesquick and Cherry on Top like this

#29 OFFLINE   Cupido

Cupido

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

This  :defeated:

On another note, I wonder why she keeps the Honeymoon instagram account? I wonder why she even made it in the first place, like what was the plan for it? It must just be something close to her that she wants to remember that album in a special way forever

Would LOVE to know that to! The content was literally so similar to her regular Insta account so I never got the idea and what it really means to her.

I think it's pretty clear that it's really close to her heart. She performed many songs on different times an there's still time to bring more back (I never really expected MTWBT to come out of nowhere). 

It's just like how half ultraviolence was never performed after getting actually released. 

Yeah true, but actually UV to me seems to get so much more exposure than HM. With UV I get the feeling that she always really loved it and was very proud of it. I have the feeling the sound of the record is exactly what she wanted to do and sees it as a perfect representation of her style. And when she did the Endless Summer Tour she did perform more UV songs, even up until now. More than she did off HM with the Festival Tour for HM promotion and now LA To The Moon tour with L4L songs. So I honestly think UV got a very special treatment till today. Which is cool because the album is a masterpiece! Maybe the topics of some songs feel a bit more distant to her than songs on HM, if it's true what people have said in this thread.

• MrLunknown likes this

#30 OFFLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Time Online: 78d 18h 42m 53s

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

You take that back. MTWBT is absolutely great live, almost better than the studio version. The production is so much better 

Oh wow she served after the 3:50 mark

Like i didn't expect that. :lel:

• MrLunknown likes this

#31 OFFLINE   PARADIXO

PARADIXO

Pure Nature

• Moderators
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Favourite LDR Song:West Coast
  • Time Online: 115d 21h 43m 38s

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:00 AM

she herself said it was her fav when it came out and couldn't stop talking about how proud she was of it

Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   Cupido

Cupido

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

she herself said it was her fav when it came out and couldn't stop talking about how proud she was of it

bish wer?  :deadbanana:

#33 OFFLINE   UltraviolentJack

UltraviolentJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Time Online: 7d 21h 29m 22s

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:05 AM

I wish she’d get rid of the songs she’s obviously bored of and sing HM & UV songs instead
  • Kitschesque likes this

#34 OFFLINE   ThisIsRusko

ThisIsRusko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 1h 5m 32s

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

honeymoon is my fave.. and reading all of this makes me proud to feel this album so much.

• cashcomesquick and HANGINGFROOT like this

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisrusko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users