True Romance

Childish Gambino (Donald Glover)

Haven't really listened to his discography that much yet but I really like Because the Internet! Especially 3005, Flight of the Navigator and Earth: The Oldest Computer  :bop: I've got the latest album on my laptop as well but I haven't given it a decent listen yet

I'm surprised we didn't have a thread for the king already

although  because the internet is from 2013, its a highlight for my 2014-2015, i used to bump that album a lot 

and that This is America video got me shooked 

Haven't really listened to his discography that much yet but I really like Because the Internet! Especially 3005, Flight of the Navigator and Earth: The Oldest Computer  :bop: I've got the latest album on my laptop as well but I haven't given it a decent listen yet

Earth: The Oldest Computer is amazing. Azealia sounded great in that one too.

He's my 2nd most listened artist this year and I can't get enough of his music, also I binge watched Atlanta on sunday so I guess I could say I kinda love him  :flutter:

Those who bought tickets to his This Is America Tour got two unfinished tracks, Algorhythm is available here and All Night here. The first one especially is a god damn banger even though the track doesn't have the rap verses, however he of course does those live and jfc I need the finished one asap  :excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8khKKk2Ygg

So the new record has

- Feels Like Summer

- Summertime Magic

- Algorhytm (0:00-1:50 might be a separate track?)

- All Night

- Spirits

And possibly 

- This Is America (apparently Summertime Magic is the lead single so idk if he's leaving TIA out or not)

- Saturday

Fingers crossed for December release, I'm absolutely craving for the record based on what we have heard so far. If he's not putting it out this year he should at least drop Algorhytm because I'm obsessed with the unfinished one and it would make the wait easier.  :defeated:

Bino will be performing at Coachella Friday next week and apparently Guava Island will drop after his performance/on Saturday night, according to a Spotify ad! Little is known about it so far, except that its trailer debuted at his PHAROS show back in November and stars himself along with Rihanna, Letitia Wright and Nonso Anozie. It's directed by his close collaborator Hiro Murai, who has directed many of the episodes of Atlanta and his other music videos like This Is America. Cinematographer Christian Sprenger who has also collaborated on Atlanta has listed Guava Island as a visual album on his resume, and someone from Spotify's support described it as Bino and Rihanna's collaborative film when a Reddit user sent them a message and asked about it. The Spotify ad has Bino singing over an acoustic guitar, announcing "I'll see you at the show" in the end. His tour director has said that the audience can expect a whole new production at the upcoming festivals, different from This Is America Tour.

Since not much has been revealed, I'm dying to find out what's going on. If it really is a visual album, is it a different project from what's supposed to be his last record (as Childish Gambino)? Is Rihanna just in the film or has she collaborated on the album as well (if is one)? Will it include Human Sacrifice or Algorhytm, both of which I've been craving for months and months?  :defeated: His producer Ludwig Göransson said something about working in the studio with him back at the Grammy Awards, so I assume I'll still have to wait for the two to drop along with the last record sometime this year, Guava Island being a whole another project...  :crossed:

Oh lord have mercy he was on fire at Coachella, like he killed it  :defeated: I was so close to crying in the beginning while watching the gorgeous live stream, I've grown to love this man so much within the last year and it hurts that Donald's about to say goodbye to his Childish Gambino alias once he's dropped the final record so I won't be able to see him for my own eyes. Awaken, My Love! isn't my favorite record from him so I was a bit bored during some songs but overall it was a fantastic set, he's so damn talented (also I finally ordered the AML CD from Amazon). I'm downloading the show as I'm typing this and blasting the shit out of the live rips of the new tracks  :legend: Where's that damn album Bino???

Also Guava Island is on Amazon, it's currently free to watch but after today it'll only be available for Prime members. I thought it was cute and in my opinion the first half was probably better but it's very Donald so to speak.  :flutter: