True Romance

Childish Gambino (Donald Glover)

Oh lord have mercy he was on fire at Coachella, like he killed it  :defeated: I was so close to crying in the beginning while watching the gorgeous live stream, I've grown to love this man so much within the last year and it hurts that Donald's about to say goodbye to his Childish Gambino alias once he's dropped the final record so I won't be able to see him for my own eyes. Awaken, My Love! isn't my favorite record from him so I was a bit bored during some songs but overall it was a fantastic set, he's so damn talented (also I finally ordered the AML CD from Amazon). I'm downloading the show as I'm typing this and blasting the shit out of the live rips of the new tracks  :legend: Where's that damn album Bino???

Also Guava Island is on Amazon, it's currently free to watch but after today it'll only be available for Prime members. I thought it was cute and in my opinion the first half was probably better but it's very Donald so to speak.  :flutter:

Finally some appreciation for this amazing artist! I saw Guava Island today and it was quite interesting.

giphy.gif

THE FUCK. I just nearly had a stroke and shit my pants because I gave up on this album ages ago because it was better to forget about it than wait for it anxiously and now I accidentally bumped into an article AND HE JUST DROPPED NEW MUSIC WHAT THE FUCK. It's playing on loop at https://donaldgloverpresents.com/ and there's four sketches for a cover... I hope we're getting it soon properly bc all we have now is people's rips. I haven't listened to it yet but I listened to a part of Algorythm and wth did he do to the vocals and why...  :defeated:

The stream is gone at least for now  :hdu: Only the barely visible text is still there... what is going on I'm too stressed. Official release around midnight?  :defeated: Oh and I've listened the full thing a couple of times now, I'm really digging it and I can't wait to get it in HQ (with confirmed album and track titles... the anxiety of being a Last.fm user).

There's a countdown on the site again...  :crying4: I'm pretty confident it'll be the same stream from last Sunday, I wouldn't mind if they finally confirmed some titles but I'm still hoping for Human Sacrifice, Atavista and Saturday. I've been waiting for Human Sacrifice for so long but I'm just too afraid to get my hopes up...

The album is shaping up to be my favorite one from him tbh! There's not a single track I don't like - except for maybe 24.19 (Sweet Thing/Thank You) and I wouldn't say that I dislike it, I just don't vibe to it as much as the rest of them. When I first heard the final version of Algorhythm I didn't like the direction they decided to take with his vocals because he delivered his live performances with such energy and I was disappointed after anxiously looking forward to it for like 18 months. Now I actually like the robotic feel though as it fits the theme of the song and it's definitely some of his best work. Other tracks I'd describe as highlights are definitely 19.10 (Beautiful), 32.22 (Warlords), 47.48 (The Violence) and 53.49 (Under the Sun).

I do have to admit I'm still somewhat thrown off by not having a real title for the record, any kind of cover art or actually named tracks. I understand why he decided to do things this way but I still get confused by the timestamps even though I remember the order of the tracks.

Edit: Btw here's an interesting interview with DJ Dahi who co-produced the album.