Sign in to follow this  
Hellion

The Golden Girls

tumblr_mccukdFefL1rqobcbo1_500.gif

Flawless thread for losers like Mon Mon, Sitar and myself (and whoever else) to discuss The Girls and all their sarcastic, sexual, stupid and...stoic, I guess...adventures.

Their two spin-offs- The Golden Palace and Empty Nests- are also welcome...I guess. Although I don't know who on Earth uses them. I digress.

:legend:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

IT IS HERE :legend:

Oh my god, i had totally forgotten about EMPTY NEST, ha! Man, that main character sucked, what an asshole. Wasn't he the spokesperson for some car in a bunch of commercials? Like, Isuzu or something? I will, however, never forget The Golden Palace because of its surreal mindfuckery.

I really like the new sig, Hellion, i lawled 4 a good while. Check out all those sweaters! Sophia always had the best cardigans. Man, this show really makes me miss my ex-girlfriend. We would lie in bed together late at night watching it and sometimes she'd rest her head on my chest and when i laughed hard her head would just involuntarily bounce up and down like a bobble head. It was great :(

Also, i guess i can now add Mon Mon to the list of my nicknames, along with Mo and Moni. :excited:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Maybe I should identify with Clayton, but his over-enunciation always makes me really uncomfortable.

Let's see, this morning I watched the one where Sophia dates a bank robber. That was fun. All I ever saw of Empty Nests was the episodes of Golden Girls where they try to reel you in by showing some of their story line...

Oh, I just remembered this:

Dorothy: There's a man in our yard.

Blanche: Get the net.

You must be the Blanche of the forum, Hellion...

(I don't want to make say goodbye to your sig, but I'm afraid in ModLand we're on the verge of passing some legislation regarding signature height...)

Oh my god, i had totally forgotten about EMPTY NEST, ha! Man, that main character sucked, what an asshole. Wasn't he the spokesperson for some car in a bunch of commercials? Like, Isuzu or something? I will, however, never forget The Golden Palace because of its surreal mindfuckery.

I only ever saw the episode when the girls show up briefly on the way to Nightmare on Elm Street 4. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

I really like the new sig, Hellion, i lawled 4 a good while. Check out all those sweaters! Sophia always had the best cardigans. Man, this show really makes me miss my ex-girlfriend. We would lie in bed together late at night watching it and sometimes she'd rest her head on my chest and when i laughed hard her head would just involuntarily bounce up and down like a bobble head. It was great :(

That's so sad, but sweet, but also funny because I'm mentally picturing it.

:imbeingsarcasticbitch2: <-- Accept this as a warm and friendly hug over lost love.

You must be the Blanche of the forum, Hellion...

REALLY? I'm not sure how to take that.

:creep:

(I don't want to make say goodbye to your sig, but I'm afraid in ModLand we're on the verge of passing some legislation regarding signature height...)

...what kind of totalitariani-- I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SIG. :bye:

No, it's a temp, as I said. I'll change it tomorrow. :diva:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

I definitely see Hellion as the Blanche of the forum, that makes total sense.

& ya, dem modz, da powa iz g01n 2 der hedz lyke alwayz

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Monicker, I think the next fan cover you produce should be The Golden Girls theme song.

I'd sing on that regardless of my clubbed seal voice.

Oh, Monicker, that picture...sometimes this show is so emotional for me. They're all gone but Rose :defeated:

tumblr_mlu934Cx9Y1qcbo9lo1_500.png

tumblr_mlbnm47uak1s97fv7o2_250.giftumblr_mlbnm47uak1s97fv7o1_250.gif

tumblr_mlbnm47uak1s97fv7o3_250.giftumblr_mlbnm47uak1s97fv7o4_250.gif

GT-STAYGOLDEN-B.lg.gif

And I just smile super hard.

That first line has to be top 10 Dorothy moments ever, my god.

Blanche is my idol  :worship:. I stumbled upon the show one day when i was off school sick, and the first episode i watched was the final one of the last season, and im pretty sure i cried  :(

i feel like this is a joke im not getting ...

No it's just that she's the only one left, so now her thing is "I'm old and funny look at me I'm old!" And they now advertise GG re-runs seeming to portray Betty as the star :smh:

No it's just that she's the only one left, so now her thing is "I'm old and funny look at me I'm old!" And they now advertise GG re-runs seeming to portray Betty as the star :smh:

oh thats really sad :( I never really liked Rose as a character. i mean.... dumb blonde .. like wow, so original. The rest of the show was so progressive, like how they supported marriage equality and how Blanche was so horny and it wasnt shown as a bad thing.