Elle

Lana to be featured in Elvis Documentary - The King

Sigh scrap all your hopes it's probably just Lana chatting about how he influenced her (still interesting but yeah I wanted a cover). 

The King boasts interviews with an array of musicians and cultural figures including Alec Baldwin, Chuck D – who recites his infamous "Fight the Power" line about Elvis – Rosanne Cash, Emmylou Harris, Van Jones, Mike Myers, Dan Rather, Lana Del Rey, Ethan Hawke, Greil Marcus, David Simon and Ashton Kutcher. The movie opens June 22nd.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/chuck-d-alec-baldwin-on-elvis-legacy-in-the-king-trailer-w520623

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Sigh scrap all your hopes it's probably just Lana chatting about how he influenced her (still interesting but yeah I wanted a cover). 

The King boasts interviews with an array of musicians and cultural figures including Alec Baldwin, Chuck D – who recites his infamous "Fight the Power" line about Elvis – Rosanne Cash, Emmylou Harris, Van Jones, Mike Myers, Dan Rather, Lana Del Rey, Ethan Hawke, Greil Marcus, David Simon and Ashton Kutcher. The movie opens June 22nd.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/chuck-d-alec-baldwin-on-elvis-legacy-in-the-king-trailer-w520623

Curious to see if she'll actually appear on camera or if they'll just insert the audio she recorded from her phone. 

Curious to see if she'll actually appear on camera or if they'll just insert the audio she recorded from her phone. 

The official website for the movie gives a list of all the people interviewed, and sigh, Lana isn't on that list.  So probably just some of her music is in it.  Hopefully a new cover.

KaUp1u5.png

The official website for the movie gives a list of all the people interviewed, and sigh, Lana isn't on that list.  So probably just some of her music is in it.  Hopefully a new cover.

Sigh now I'm thinking she's offering her own music to show how she was influenced, or her segment was cut like in the Norman Reedus doc she was meant to appear in

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I would love to see an official duet that they do seems like once a year. That would be cool.

The kiddies today should  learn about Elvis and the Beatles (seemingly some here have zero attention span 

@@Terrence Loves Me  comes to mind and thinks the world stopped and started with Charli something or other)

makes me wonder if @@Terrence Loves Me is not that banned poster with the ugly avatar from a while back)

but even a piece of a song would be great

The new people plugging Elvis' catalogue are attempting to bring a brand new generation on board.

As someone who saw him twice in concert and was about to see him again but he died, he never lost his voice and even at the end,

put on a great show. 

Isn't it a shame lately Prince and Tom Petty and Elvis all were addicted to opioids and died tragically, and Elvis never had someone who 

was able to tell him no.

If Elvis were to have still been alive, I bet he would have been a Traveling Wilbury. If the Wilbury's were still around, Lana would be a wonderful

first woman to be one. 

It ain't bad.

Lana is now part of history with Brian Wilson, Beatles, Lou Reed, David Bowie, Elvis, Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, and they all

are better for her being with them.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@graham4anything Terrence Loves Me is a funny, sweet and yes, sometimes messy or annoying, but there’s no need to say he’s a banned member. As a friend of his, I consider it rude. And as a fangirl myself, I also “thinks the world starts and ends” with Lana. We like different things in life, who cares?

On topic...

I was hoping Lana would be interviewed, even if we would only see her for half a minute of the screen, but someone up wrote that she wasn’t on the interview list... I’m slightly disappointed, but hey, a new song wouldn’t be that bad either. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@@graham4anything I usually like what you post but this is so rude and pretentious. Plenty of kids younger than me (I'm 19) are still listening to Elvis and the Beatles etc like it's literally not even a problem... I was listening to them myself when I was like 15 and still do occasionally. Why should they learn about Elvis and the Beatles when they can learn about Chuck Berry or Sister Rosetta Tharpe and literally anyone else besides the beatles

also not everyone has the same taste as you so what's wrong with stanning Charli XCX?? I saw Charli in 2015 and she put on a great show, she's an incredible entertainer. Her music isn't really my style but it was still one of the best concerts I've been to. I almost backed into Duff McKagan in the crowd I'm not gonna lie I was a little surprised to see him there but he tweeted that night how impressed he was with her set and said it was "modern punk rock", which coming from someone like Duff (whose musical roots are punk rock) should say a lot. but even if she made terrible music you should learn to let people enjoy things

UbsOye5.png

Someone who saw the film already at a film festival said the 2008 song Elvis was only played at one part and Lana wasn't seen

are they really gonna play a 128 kbps song recorded with a webcam in a movie though 

i76mrxw.png