graham4anything

Lana the observer, as documentary creator

Symetrical 

What we know now, what was not known then

I find it amazing that Lana was documenting the horrors of fame from Day 1

A quartet of songs some needing to see the video, some inherent in their lyrics 

Video Games

Gods & Monsters

High By the Beach

13 Beaches

and how fame rapes and abuses young women, aspiring entertainers and rears its ugly head to ruin ones life in a never ending cycle

where one cannot get away 

and where the paparazzi is the devil in disguise and how they abuse and manipulate so that a point of view making the person they

are shooting look the worst they possibly can

The video of "Video Games" which to all extent and purpose it is know that Lana herself created and edited herself long prior to her

later success (and the surprise to her that anyone would actually see it) where paparazzi footage of Ms. de la Huerta was used, and in perfect symmetry the trial of the (for legal purposes) alleged perv power serial abuser H.W. just yesterday leading to the arrest and the being booked of Harv. (entering the court room

with the paparazzi in full force showing the image HW tried to show (the old man routine carrying what appeared to be a bible

and some books??? that is laughable being that Cosby attempted at one point to  do the exact same thing)

Being that Lana herself made the video way at the start, when she had zero way of knowing anyone would see it shows a keen

sense of a historical documentary creator. Observing, using what is observed, and not exploiting, but showing how the paparazzi are the ones using and exploiting to show a person at their worst, solely to take a picture that they instantly hawk

Which aligns her once again with the late singer songwriter Harry Chapin, who started out his career making documentaries one of which was nominated for an Academy Award.

One can imagine in both cases that had they not ventured into poems, lyrics, music, and the record industry, that they both could have

risen in the ranks of movie documentary and feature film creations.(which it appears more and more Chuck is aiming to do and doing it well,

as so important was Chuck's Honeymoon cover & shots, and the shot of the boat and deck coming into play in High By the Beach

(where Lana at the start of the song (that we later know is a helicopter) almost appears to be drowing and breathing underwater 

and how in concert, the perfect usage of the camera and really needing to watch the screens and get oneself away from their phone

and watch the creation of 13 Beaches come to life through the screenwork, which was to me totally innovative. (and only working seeing it live over and over and over again on tour (where it was much easier to see from the seats and away from that dreaded first row).

and being that Coachella uses much of the same (including the drum) of Video games, and being that Coachella is the song that directly shatters what came before to what comes next...

tbc

may 26, 2018 745am edt

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Your post is a bit messy, but I think I get what you're trying to say. 

I had never thought of Video Games being about paparazzi until you mentioned her using the paparazzi footage for the music video. Interesting perspective!

and being that Coachella uses much of the same (including the drum) of Video games, and being that Coachella is the song that directly shatters what came before to what comes next...

I'm trying to hear this by comparing the instrumentals, but I don't hear it unfortunately.

And I-I-I-I-I’m think what the hell… is this thread

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Are y'all disagreeing or what? This is the truth.

I believe it's more of a conflict though between her personal obsession with Hollywood legends and the realization of the illusion and wrongfulness that lays within idolization. A true Gemini.

HM and LFL seem to show a different approach. It's more about her telling the listener or society as a whole (instead of just telling herself/sharing her perception) to ditch the concept of fame and glory and finally evolve to a new era of equality in which there is no godly worshipping of selected human beings (celebs). I think this may also relate to her wanting to get rid of her tattoos and blend into the masses.