Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Topics/Situations You'd Like Lana to Write About

It's arid. Cusp of Summer in a few weeks. Dry season on here, and everywhere else atm. I'll refine this later on. 

Title. 

Lana mentioned how Life is Beautiful was more of a specific situation when it came to that song, about a guy losing his friend and wanting him back, that didn't really help the song fit Adaline (?). (I personally loved the idea of it so I get it but yeah)

From the grandiosity and respect to youth in Btd, themes of pleasure in Paradise, all the rage that is Ultraviolence, and contemplation and self-essence of HM. With the almost Sagittarian branching out to today's world through Lfl, what comes next? 

Which themes? Happiness? - Yosemite? 

Personally I'd love more tracks on exploring and enjoying that transitory period of life where you're giving yourself all these pleasurable experiences to draw memories from later on in life. Do u think Lana's in that mindset too? 

Is that ep/lp on that happy place still coming? What gets you happy? What would you want to have Lana similarly capture through her music? 

UV/Honeymoon

I love this thread already, thanks!

Personally I'd love more tracks on exploring and enjoying that transitory period of life where you're giving yourself all these pleasurable experiences to draw memories from later on in life. 

That would be amazing tbh

I don't mind politically oriented songs, as long as it's not as superficial and "in your face" as C-WIMM. We need more symbolism and depth if she chooses to write political songs. So that we can have different interpretations of the lyrics.

West Coast, for instance, could be read as a political song. As someone else mentioned in the West Coast thread I believe, the "parliament" being on fire (possibly referring to Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot) and swaying from left to right (as parliamentarians do). Some of y'all will probably call me a Graham 2.0 ( :creep:) for saying this, but I do think many of her songs allow for multiple interpretations.

This is the type of discussion we needed in the pre-release thread. Thanks for creating this! I’m not sure what I’d like her to sing about, my imagination isn’t that great anymore, but I’d like to hear her sing lyrics with a happier vibe so I feel like she’s feeling better too, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Honestly, I don't even know what this new album will be about. Regarding all her previous work (except Born to die), we all kinda knew what was going on in her life on a small scale and knew what her albums would likely be about...The relationships she had with Barrie and Francesco hinted towards of course love songs or breakup songs or things in this area..her rise to fame and moving to LA to a new lifestyle hinted towards Paradise as a whole...her early descriptions of LFL, about how it would be more upbeat and revolving around inner dialogue hinted towards her thoughts on something happier for the future, a change...and of course, the political stage at that time gave the impression that maybe she might write something in that domain, sort of.

But now, literally nothing is happening that we know about...we had a clue with HIAB, but that is the same ''quest for happiness'' that was on LFL so apart from that, what could she possibly write about in this new album?? 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I always saw Lana's disography as a whole, a story unfolding with each era of her life.

BTD is her youth album: being young, feeling intense emotions, falling in love with dangerous guys, losing friends, being a bit bored, reflecting on her entourage, wanting something more.
Paradise is the first step towards adulthood: moving to the West Coast, driven by that firey desire to be free, to drive away from your old life,  getting to the "promised land" and discovering its sins...
UV is the big love story that unfolded on the West Coast, where she burned her wings with love, wanting to concentrate on work after that lost passion story.
HM is the old-fashioned Californian reflection of the aftermath of that love story, when things are kind of blurry. In that period, she also wanted to fall in love again, but it kinda fell through.
LFL is the quest for happiness, her stamina pushing her to take actions in order to be happy. That energy has led her to meet someone that disappointed her, pushing her to question what she wanted in a man. In that time of her adulthood, she came to realize the world was larger than her story and that led her to reflect on it, and on her past. And now, she wants to change, cross the threshold, to move out of the black and into the blue. 

So, what comes next after that? Does she finally find the expected feeling of fulfilment and inner peace she hoped to be in  at the end of LFL? Does she realize that happiness is fragile? Is it her blue period? Is she happy? Would that make a good record, to have someone sing about being happy? (I doubt she will go in that direction though)

Travel is often something you make room for when you are in that zone... You feel more open to the world, to culture, to others. You also come with terms with yourself, accepting your inner demons and your strengths... That's how I feel at the moment. is Lana in that zone, that I don't know. Her present silence could be because she wants to find back her inner voice, but I don't know. 

I am curious for things to come, of course. But the girl has every right to be tired, after a world tour lol. 

Honestly, Lana is one of the only artists i know who has such an interesting, in depth and cinematic story relating to her discography. Every era compliments eachother and is a new chapter in her story. Other artists have a story of growth through their albums as well but it's not the same. There's something different with Lana's journey that will one day be a known legendary tale. Her music isn't just music for the sake of being music, it doesn't just sound cinematic, it actually IS cinematic. If she quit music all together right now and decided to never make music again... her last song would've been Get Free. Her leaving the industry of eternal struggle with the sounds of heavenly bliss and ocean waves crashing against the shore is an incredible beautiful way to end her story.

I'm not saying i want it to end, but if it does - that seems like the most perfect way to end her tragic struggle for fame and fortune. It is the hero's ending.

I think this is the first point in Lana's career where it seems as though she really has said all that needs to be said regarding her mental state of being. I think that's what makes this time of her life so exciting, because if she choses to continue it will allow her to really experiment with brand new topics and could change her life completely. But if she doesn't, then she made the perfect song for the perfect ending.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I’d like more AKA type writing. Trashy gas stations, diners, trailers, deserts. AKA puts me in such a mood. It’s like her Palm Springs, CA album

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

GAY RIGHTS

I wouldn't mind a song about gay rights or lgbtq lifestyle or its angst. But if she ever ventures in that territory, I hope it will be made in a more general manner, like she did on her "political songs" on LFL (they are mostly songs about peace rather than political songs, in my opinion, which I prefer). 

I  am never sure if songs targeted at the LGBTQ community made by famous singers are really felt and honest rather than serving an agenda, or just wanting to have the attention of that fanbase. That has always kinda bothered me, to not know is these songs are honest. Something like "Beautiful" by Christina is perfect and get be applied to so many people feeling ugly and persecuted rather than just one group in particular. 

Wow I loved the replies in this thread.

My favorite thing about being a Lana fan is that I always relate to her albums. It's like they come out in a very specific and exact moment of my life... and Lust for Life wasn't an exception. You guys had no idea how much it helped me. And now that I feel calm, stable and happy (as in tranquility happy not like exciting happy), I stopped writing about the dramas of my life. I made 3 albums throughout my life -- White Noise which is about the worst moment of my life, As Seen Through a Telescope about self-discovery and accepting one's depression, and now Cassis (out on YouTube! Lol) about my first real heartbreak.

There was a moment this year when I was like, what do I write about now? I literally have nothing to cry over... so I started writing about other people. The problems in my family, my best friend's sudden depression, my brother... I'm like focusing on other people's issues, and at the same time, reflecting on my own state of mind.. songs about finally being happy.

Maybe she will follow a similar direction? Idk

I love this thread already, thanks!

That would be amazing tbh

I don't mind politically oriented songs, as long as it's not as superficial and "in your face" as C-WIMM. We need more symbolism and depth if she chooses to write political songs. So that we can have different interpretations of the lyrics.

West Coast, for instance, could be read as a political song. As someone else mentioned in the West Coast thread I believe, the "parliament" being on fire (possibly referring to Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot) and swaying from left to right (as parliamentarians do). Some of y'all will probably call me a Graham 2.0 ( :creep:) for saying this, but I do think many of her songs allow for multiple interpretations.

I love how West Coast is, and the ciggies too, so personally, im gonna have to disregard that

But, I do agree with how you mentioned that it shouldn't be so in ur face. I love GBA for this. Not exactly political but I love how deals with socio norms

GAY RIGHTS

Bitch. Yes. :heart:

UV/Honeymoon

I love how West Coast is, and the ciggies too, so personally, im gonna have to disregard that

But, I do agree with how you mentioned that it shouldn't be so in ur face. I love GBA for this. Not exactly political but I love how deals with socio norms

Yeah, I'm not saying West Coast is solely political, only that some parts of it could be interpreted as such  :D

I'd love it if she'd create something poetic / cryptic that would make us go crazy over finding meaning(s). It's what people used to do with other art forms as well (e.g. Dante's 4 levels of interpretation).

I'd love it if she'd create something poetic / cryptic that would make us go crazy over finding meaning(s).

I feel like she already does that a lot tho

TjmiIK4.png