freshlinen2

What if Lana was real?

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or your honest thoughts, but I can say that I don’t think he bought her career. I don’t even think it’s possible to do that, even for someone richer than him. Anyway, none of that old gossip is really relevant to my question.

i mean Taylor Swift ...

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or your honest thoughts, but I can say that I don’t think he bought her career. I don’t even think it’s possible to do that, even for someone richer than him. Anyway, none of that old gossip is really relevant to my question.

it's absolutely possible to buy someone a career in music, lmao but i'm not commenting on whether or not lana's was bought (honestly don't have an opinion bc she's talented, either way).

@on topic: i think it would make her a much more interesting person, yes. i think the stories she creates are really cool so for her to have the actual life perspective of someone who went through those things would make her so much cooler (and a better performer in general tbh).

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670

Well, I'm saying this as a psychologist, not as a Lana stan. Is it possible that Lana didn't lived the way she describes to us? Yes, it is. BUT, we have to see that Lana is singing about the way things were to her, it's about her subjectivity. She uses artistic elements to translate how she felt and how things were to her, she uses some metaphors that give us a visual image of her own subjectivity. Those image came from her mind, so, her metaphors and the things that she sings always gonna be about her, so, Lana is Lizzy and Lizzy is Lana, even if Lana is a creation, Lana was created by Lizzy, you know? We are what we do, so if Lizzy created Lana, Lizzy is her own creation. It's important that Lana is always writing and singing about the way that she felt. It's impossible to tell things objectively for anyone, bc we're always telling about how we saw it, not how it really was, so, basically, it's impossible to say "oh, she sings about things that are not real" they may not be what objectively happened, but they're how she felt, so, they're real.

Sorry if it's sounds confusing, but basically I'm saying that she sings about how she felt about certain situations, she's not describing objectively, since objectivity is a myth, so we're always creating our own reality, and Lizzy is creating hers, and it does not makes it fake

Elizabeth Grant presents Lizzie May Lana Gaga

the checks are made out to Elizabeth from day one

so are the songwriting credits

and NO saying someone bought her is just hateful to do.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I hate to use this as an example  but it WAS one of the first times i realised that 'extreme' lyrics are usually just metaphores or exaggeration which just tell a story better. 

When Halsey was talking about her hfk album she said that she turned the real life even of arguing with someone in a taxi  to fist fight in a limousine.  

So if Lana Del Rey is real,  to me,  she is exactly how Lana/lizzy feels inside. Of course Lana has never been totally about the money,  but songs like National Anthem, Money Power Glory and FMWUTTT are probably just fleeting little jokes she's made for herself (we know that's the truth with MPG so.  ) based on what she sometimes fantasised about,  but we all know she could never REALLY be that person. 

If Lana Del Rey were real,  I think we would question her so much more,  because she really would be the problematic,  crazy,  messed-up-relationship-driven person in her songs,  rather than it being a momentary phase or feeling she had

I hate to use this as an example but it WAS one of the first times i realised that 'extreme' lyrics are usually just metaphores or exaggeration which just tell a story better.

When Halsey was talking about her hfk album she said that she turned the real life even of arguing with someone in a taxi to fist fight in a limousine.

So if Lana Del Rey is real, to me, she is exactly how Lana/lizzy feels inside. Of course Lana has never been totally about the money, but songs like National Anthem, Money Power Glory and FMWUTTT are probably just fleeting little jokes she's made for herself (we know that's the truth with MPG so. ) based on what she sometimes fantasised about, but we all know she could never REALLY be that person.

If Lana Del Rey were real, I think we would question her so much more, because she really would be the problematic, crazy, messed-up-relationship-driven person in her songs, rather than it being a momentary phase or feeling she had

Yes.

Now a bit of a plot twist:

What if Lizzy Grant is a character created by Lana Del Rey, and when Lizzy Grant "created" Lana Del Rey she actually awakened to her original self?

The original self that has incarnated as Lizzy Grant. And as many others.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

Everything that you imagine, dream or think of, exists in a parallel universe. It doesn't matter if it's the craziest idea. It's always there and will always be.

So, based on that belief, I would say all versions of Lana are real.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

Everything that you imagine, dream or think of, exists in a parallel universe. It doesn't matter if it's the craziest idea. It's always there and will always be.

So, based on that belief, I would say all versions of Lana are real.

:pls: 

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if Lana were not a telepathic witch robot alien who lives in the center of the moon in a mansion bathed in artificial sublight where she keeps a collection of every rose mentioned in earthly literature and plays on a vintage record player the top hits in 1949 while making calls to various world leaders in an attempt to facilitate world peace while, if necessary, utilizing her psychic abilities to subtly influence politicians to do her bidding for the sake of human expansion throughout the galaxy and eventually the universe, to which end she will work tirelessly, immortal until her duty is fulfilled.

I can't imagine it but I think it would be interesting

If I knew that Lana Del Rey was real; that everything she wrote about was autobiographical, it would not change my opinion of her; I would continue to respect and enjoy her music. Actually, most of the things she writes about seem very plausible to me. It doesn't seem far-fetched to me to believe that she has battled alcoholism, or that she has been an exotic dancer, or that she used or experimented with hard drugs. It all seems very plausible. Has she perhaps embellished? Has she taken creative liberties? Probably; but All artists do that. Otherwise she would merely be a historian, not an artist. And Lana is, an artist. One of the most interesting things that has been left out of the Lana Del Rey "story" is a full account of how she rose to fame. I'll share with you a few hints regarding this subject that I think it would be interesting to explore: In 2017 Ben Mawson and Ed Millet gave an interview in which they touched upon the method by which they helped Lana become successful. They mentioned that from the very beginning they hired an online Public Relations company to help Lana. I think this is a key, and this sort of activity continues, and it's probably true for every other major music industry artist out there. There's nothing particularly shady about hiring a PR firm, all major corporations do it, except that they're notorious for manipulating public perception; that's their job! I think I've probably pulled back the curtain enough for right now. I'll just end by saying that ultimately, L.D.R. became famous because she Has Talent. Without talent, all the PR agencies and managers in the world can't bring an artist success. In my Humble opinion.

Cause I had you in – in my head.

Are you real?

Are you real?

Yeah?

Is there any chance that I’m just gonna wake up on the floor and the song won’t exist?

I’ll be very sad.

If I wake up, and you don’t exist, and the song doesn’t exist.

Yeah.

I hope you’re real.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.