CrystalMethod

LEAK THE TNC DEMO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 27d 12h 15m 13s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:24 AM

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or your honest thoughts, but I can say that I don’t think he bought her career. I don’t even think it’s possible to do that, even for someone richer than him. Anyway, none of that old gossip is really relevant to my question.

i mean Taylor Swift ...

FUCK  giphy.gif MY PUSSY EXPLODED 

#22 OFFLINE   Cult Leader

Cult Leader

Rosarey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Locationthe moon
  • Fan Since:October 2012
  • Time Online: 33d 23h 48m 36s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:07 AM

I'm glad you explained the title haha. This is interesting

#23 OFFLINE   fkatwink

fkatwink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 21h 25m 14s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:34 AM

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or your honest thoughts, but I can say that I don’t think he bought her career. I don’t even think it’s possible to do that, even for someone richer than him. Anyway, none of that old gossip is really relevant to my question.

it's absolutely possible to buy someone a career in music, lmao but i'm not commenting on whether or not lana's was bought (honestly don't have an opinion bc she's talented, either way).

@on topic: i think it would make her a much more interesting person, yes. i think the stories she creates are really cool so for her to have the actual life perspective of someone who went through those things would make her so much cooler (and a better performer in general tbh).

tumblr_oschu7tHKr1vzj6bfo5_400.gif  tumblr_oschu7tHKr1vzj6bfo6_400.gif

#24 OFFLINE   Shades

Shades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Time Online: 305d 10h 53m 24s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:41 AM

Um...but she is an autobiographical singer, she said it herself multiple times.

I'm a billionaire. I'm a billionaire. I'm a billionaire. There, that was multiple times-- where's my money?

• kitschesque and Cult Leader like this

#25 OFFLINE   net wurker

net wurker

All Lana, all the time

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 28d 1h 22m 7s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:45 AM

I like to think that "Lana Del Rey" is Lizzie Grant's art that came to life. Lizzy became Lana.

• kitschesque, Cult Leader and maysparkle like this

KaUp1u5.png

#26 OFFLINE   daytonadeath

daytonadeath

marxist tempter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 993 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brazil
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 54d 21h 36m 20s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:02 AM

Well, I'm saying this as a psychologist, not as a Lana stan. Is it possible that Lana didn't lived the way she describes to us? Yes, it is. BUT, we have to see that Lana is singing about the way things were to her, it's about her subjectivity. She uses artistic elements to translate how she felt and how things were to her, she uses some metaphors that give us a visual image of her own subjectivity. Those image came from her mind, so, her metaphors and the things that she sings always gonna be about her, so, Lana is Lizzy and Lizzy is Lana, even if Lana is a creation, Lana was created by Lizzy, you know? We are what we do, so if Lizzy created Lana, Lizzy is her own creation. It's important that Lana is always writing and singing about the way that she felt. It's impossible to tell things objectively for anyone, bc we're always telling about how we saw it, not how it really was, so, basically, it's impossible to say "oh, she sings about things that are not real" they may not be what objectively happened, but they're how she felt, so, they're real.

Sorry if it's sounds confusing, but basically I'm saying that she sings about how she felt about certain situations, she's not describing objectively, since objectivity is a myth, so we're always creating our own reality, and Lizzy is creating hers, and it does not makes it fake

• Party Party, kitschesque, pawn shop blues and 3 others like this

#27 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 20d 9h 45m 46s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Elizabeth Grant presents Lizzie May Lana Gaga

the checks are made out to Elizabeth from day one

so are the songwriting credits

and NO saying someone bought her is just hateful to do.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#28 OFFLINE   Cult Leader

Cult Leader

Rosarey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Locationthe moon
  • Fan Since:October 2012
  • Time Online: 33d 23h 48m 36s

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

I hate to use this as an example  but it WAS one of the first times i realised that 'extreme' lyrics are usually just metaphores or exaggeration which just tell a story better. 

When Halsey was talking about her hfk album she said that she turned the real life even of arguing with someone in a taxi  to fist fight in a limousine.  

So if Lana Del Rey is real,  to me,  she is exactly how Lana/lizzy feels inside. Of course Lana has never been totally about the money,  but songs like National Anthem, Money Power Glory and FMWUTTT are probably just fleeting little jokes she's made for herself (we know that's the truth with MPG so.  ) based on what she sometimes fantasised about,  but we all know she could never REALLY be that person. 

If Lana Del Rey were real,  I think we would question her so much more,  because she really would be the problematic,  crazy,  messed-up-relationship-driven person in her songs,  rather than it being a momentary phase or feeling she had

• Clampigirl and Gangsta Queen like this

#29 OFFLINE   jameshenry21

jameshenry21

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Time Online: 22h 44m 50s

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:12 AM

I hate to use this as an example but it WAS one of the first times i realised that 'extreme' lyrics are usually just metaphores or exaggeration which just tell a story better.
When Halsey was talking about her hfk album she said that she turned the real life even of arguing with someone in a taxi to fist fight in a limousine.

So if Lana Del Rey is real, to me, she is exactly how Lana/lizzy feels inside. Of course Lana has never been totally about the money, but songs like National Anthem, Money Power Glory and FMWUTTT are probably just fleeting little jokes she's made for herself (we know that's the truth with MPG so. ) based on what she sometimes fantasised about, but we all know she could never REALLY be that person.

If Lana Del Rey were real, I think we would question her so much more, because she really would be the problematic, crazy, messed-up-relationship-driven person in her songs, rather than it being a momentary phase or feeling she had

Yes.
  • daytonadeath and Cult Leader like this

#30 OFFLINE   litewave

litewave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 13h 13m 17s

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

Now a bit of a plot twist:

What if Lizzy Grant is a character created by Lana Del Rey, and when Lizzy Grant "created" Lana Del Rey she actually awakened to her original self?

The original self that has incarnated as Lizzy Grant. And as many others.

• ivy likes this

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

#31 OFFLINE   Cherry on Top

Cherry on Top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • LocationTop of the cake
  • Fan Since:2016
  • Time Online: 20d 22h 40m 59s

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

Everything that you imagine, dream or think of, exists in a parallel universe. It doesn't matter if it's the craziest idea. It's always there and will always be.

So, based on that belief, I would say all versions of Lana are real.

• Cult Leader and UltraHeroin like this

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube....h?v=U5hGQDLprA8

#32 OFFLINE   #uneedanewcocktail

#uneedanewcocktail

Miss Universe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationThe Wynn
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 59d 2h 53m 40s

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

:uh:  :umadney:

tumblr_ojkxczBvPZ1thpaxso1_250.gif

#33 OFFLINE   jameshenry21

jameshenry21

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

Everything that you imagine, dream or think of, exists in a parallel universe. It doesn't matter if it's the craziest idea. It's always there and will always be.
So, based on that belief, I would say all versions of Lana are real.

I mean yes. But you know what I mean.

Now a bit of a plot twist:

What if Lizzy Grant is a character created by Lana Del Rey, and when Lizzy Grant "created" Lana Del Rey she actually awakened to her original self?

The original self that has incarnated as Lizzy Grant. And as many others.

I see what you’re saying but that’s a very abstract thought. I was mostly talking about like, how would it change your thoughts about Lana if she was a singer who sung purely about her life, not what if Lana, when changing her name from Lizzy to Lana, awoke to her true soul self and connected to all her past lives and was singing about them. Lol

#34 OFFLINE   jameshenry21

jameshenry21

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

It's all real. What we are really speaking of are issues of persona. Identity. It's like Bob Dylan in 1964, the famous concert, where he said to the audience, "Happy Halloween and I've got my Bob Dylan mask on, haha."

I don't have any doubt that everything Lana has written or sung about, has had its germination in some "real" event. Now, what's a "real event"? Could be something she has personally experienced, or it could be something she read about or overheard or dreamed. They are all real events, whether she experienced them or not. If you imagine doing something, the same parts of the brain are activated that would be activated if you were actually doing it. There's no difference. So, in a sense, all events are real. I think it was Picasso who said, "If it can be imagined, it's real."

I actually totally disagree with this. If I tell you I got an abortion and you have never had one before, just by imagining what it’s like, is an abortion going to be a “real event” for you just because you’re imagining it? No lol. Imagining something only makes it real for someone in an abstract sense. In general, a person must experience an event in order for it to really become something “real” for them. I think Lana is very sensitive and I don’t doubt that she believes she really connects to the events she sings about (otherwise she wouldn’t be able to sing about them!) But no, I don’t think she really knows what it’s like to go through some of the things she sings about. There is definitely a difference between thinking about something and experiencing it yourself. Otherwise I would be able to think about what being in a car accident and then proceed to check myself into a hospital. Not gonna happen.

#35 OFFLINE   Cherry on Top

Cherry on Top

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • LocationTop of the cake
  • Fan Since:2016
  • Time Online: 20d 22h 40m 59s

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:51 AM

:popcorn:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube....h?v=U5hGQDLprA8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users