Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

LDR Finally Spotted After A Month...

I'm laughing at the comments saying stuff like "omg she looks depressed" or saying that this shirt can be a reminder of her happy place or idk. Girl is just buying her coffee and used the first shirt that she saw. You all are needing news so you guys are making things up.

I also think it’s not good to assume this kind of stuff over some random pics we got, maybe she was only taking a break from the public eye, that’s all.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

there's nothing to love about a raisin 

A Raisin in the Sun is a play by Lorraine Hansberry that debuted on Broadway in 1959.[1] The title comes from the poem "Harlem" (also known as "A Dream Deferred"[2]) by Langston Hughes. The story tells of a black family's experiences in the Washington Park Subdivision of Chicago's Woodlawn neighborhood as they attempt to "better" themselves with an insurance payout following the death of the father. The New York Drama Critics' Circle named it the best play of 1959.

Experiences in this play echo a lawsuit (Hansberry v. Lee, 311 U.S. 32 (1940)), to which the playwright Lorraine Hansberry's family was a party when they fought to have their day in court because a previous class action about racially motivated restrictive covenants (Burke v. Kleiman, 277 Ill. App. 519 (1934)) had been similar to their situation. This case was heard prior to the passage of the Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968), which prohibited discrimination in housing and created the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity. The Hansberrys won their right to be heard as a matter of due process of law in relation to the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Supreme Court held that the Hansberry defendants were not bound by the Burke decision because the class of defendants in the respective cases had conflicting goals, and thus could not be considered to be the same class.

The plaintiff in the first action in 1934 was Olive Ida Burke, who brought the suit on behalf of a property owners' association to enforce racial restrictions. Her husband, James Burke, later sold a house to Carl Hansberry (Lorraine's father) when he changed his mind about the validity of the covenant. Mr. Burke's decision may have been motivated by the changing demographics of the neighborhood, but it was also influenced by the Depression. The demand for houses was so low among white buyers that Mr. Hansberry may have been the only prospective purchaser available.[4]

Lorraine reflects upon the litigation in her book To Be Young, Gifted, and Black:

"Twenty-five years ago, [my father] spent a small personal fortune, his considerable talents, and many years of his life fighting, in association with NAACP attorneys, Chicago’s ‘restrictive covenants’ in one of this nation's ugliest ghettos. That fight also required our family to occupy disputed property in a hellishly hostile ‘white neighborhood’ in which literally howling mobs surrounded our house. ... My memories of this ‘correct’ way of fighting white supremacy in America include being spat at, cursed and pummeled in the daily trek to and from school. And I also remember my desperate and courageous mother, patrolling our household all night with a loaded German
(pistol), doggedly guarding her four children, while my father fought the respectable part of the battle in the Washington court."

The Hansberry house, a red-brick three-flat at 6140 S. Rhodes in Washington Park that they bought in 1937, was given landmark status by the Chicago City Council's Committee on Historical Landmarks Preservation in 2010.[5]

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

When I saw the most recent post in here was Graham's I whispered ''oh no'' and then 5 words in, I immediately started laughing out loud. What a legend, truly 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

people worrying and thinking like it's deep or shes through daaaaaark times lmfao....... It's not that deep. We all do it, we will all put on something simple and go out to grab lunch or simply for just a walk. No big deal. Dunno for other fans if they don't do it because they are antisocial weirdos but lana will do it, it's not the first time so :hooker:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

also

you guys i am almost 30 ill be 28 in Oct, i am legit at the point in my life that i give no fucks anymore about how i look wen i'm running errands, majority of the time i don't even put on make up before work, it's just easier to not have to touch it up all day and just put it on when your actually going to DO SOMETHING. Bitch is gunna be 33 tomorrow, she could've been a mom and married, who care about her looks, were should feel blessed she hasn't cashed out yet..... i think a lot of people do NOT factor in her age enough with her appearance, she smokes ciggs and she looks great with no makeup HELLO CLEAR ASS SKIN......

tbh SHE LOOKS THE FUCKING SAME...IT MORNING AND SHES GETTING COFFEE....THE WORLD IS NOT A STAGE AND SHE IS NOT A PUPPET

e1s11.gif

Nobody looks good with any kind of surgery unless you were super ugly to begin with, i'm glad that toxic crap in her face is fading.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e