sxcx

Ashlee Simpson

The pop/rock LEGEND will officially make her comeback this year by releasing a clothing line, a new album, AND by starring in a NEW REALITY SHOW with her husband Evan Ross, premiering this September on E! - Ashlee & Evan.

The couple has recorded a series of soulful duets — inspired, they say, by those performed by Ms. Ross and Marvin Gaye in the 1970s — and they will release a new track with each episode of the show.

The album will be followed by a tour, as well as a new solo album from Ashlee!

Are you excited? Are your faves safe? Let's take a look back at some of Ashlee's most iconic moments:

- Ashlee starred in her own reality show The Ashlee Simpson Show from 2004-2005. It ran for two seasons on MTV and is now considered one of the pioneers for using a reality series to sell albums.

250px-TheAshleeSimpsonShow.jpg

- In 2004 Ashlee released her debut single, Pieces of Me. It became a top five hit in the United States, and topped the Billboard Mainstream Top 40 chart based on radio airplay.

[media]https://youtu.be/WJCsyLUCSXI[/media]

- Her debut album, Autobiography peaked at the top of the Billboard 200 albums chart. The album went on to sell over five million copies worldwide, and was certified triple platinum by the RIAA.

220px-Ashlee_Simpson_-_Autobiography.jpg

- In 2005 Simpson released her second studio album, I Am Me. It debuted at the top the Billboard 200, and went on to receive a platinum certification from the RIAA.

220px-Ashlee_Simpson_-_I_Am_Me.png

- Ashlee's third album, Bittersweet World was released in 2008. The album differed from the pop-rock sound of her previous music, featuring a dance-pop and 80's inspired sound. It was released to positive critical reception, and peaked at number 4 on the Billboard 200.

220px-Ashlee_Simpson_-_Bittersweet_World

- During her career she also starred in the 2005 film, Undiscovered, and The CW's 2009 Melrose Place reboot. She later went on to star as Roxie Hart in Chicago on Broadway.

220px-Undiscovered_film_poster.jpgMELROSE.jpgW020061123703132617321.gif

Are you ready for her comeback? What's your favorite Ashlee song?

8zwP.gif

omg i used to stan when i was a lil kid lol

i’ll have to keep an ear out for her new stuff once it starts, i loooooved her first two albums (haven’t listened to anything after)

omg i used to stan when i was a lil kid lol

i’ll have to keep an ear out for her new stuff once it starts, i loooooved her first two albums (haven’t listened to anything after)

definitely check out Bittersweet World too !! It's a really fun album

I used to stan HARD for her when I was a teen omg.

Meanwhile let's praise this experimental INDIE bop!!

Ugh this was so good I wish she'd released the whole album this song was intended for

TjmiIK4.png