Sign in to follow this  
renaissance

Lana to be featured on new track "Woman" by Cat Power

Cat generally has very few features on her albums, and they also toured together and seem to be fans of each other's work, so I have a good/hopeful feeling that Cat actually wants Lana to sing on the track and either have her own verse(s) or do a duet-style, trading off thing, instead of just the "sing a few notes in the background" thing she's been doing lately. 

Prediction- this duet will make this  Chan's biggest album ever.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Holy shit!!!! I couldn't be more ecstatic!!! If Woman is the same unreleased song Chan has been playing before Lana's concerts it's going to be an incredible track I'm so so so happy :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

ZKcaooE.png

It's out!

Don't get your hopes up, she's only harmonizing in the background yet again :toofunny:

I wonder if LDR6 is just gonna be her lightly cooing over the instrumental n that's it

So can I take this as Lana has been too busy with her own projects and could only hum in the background in all these collaborations we’ve gotten lately? If so, I really hope her album will be great. :flutter:

This song wasn’t that bad. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Im so excited for this! The two go so well together.

Someone i work with thinks that Lana is "too manufactured" But is a big Cat Power fan, so i cant wait for this song to turn their opinions inside out

Imagine in 2018 still thinking Lana is 'manufactured' lmao. Are they still reading shitty 2012 hipster blogs???

giphy.gif

Literally so sick of this. I love Cat Power but she's clearly using Lana's name to get to the top. If you're just using Lana to whisper a few harmonies/lines into the background, go home puta.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven