Sign in to follow this  
renaissance

Lana to be featured on new track "Woman" by Cat Power

Lana knows she didn’t contribute much to this song. But it’s actually kind of sweet she would basically lend her name to help out her friend. I’m ok with that. I wonder if she’ll help promote it herself when she wakes up.

While it might have been (and possibly still is) innovative (and interesting) that one singer should use another singer as a kind of reverb (and LDR is a very interesting choice for that, given she likes reverb a lot), it might have been nicer to switch roles on occasion just to highlight the fact that they were doing something innovative. In the current case, you have to say "featuring Lana Del Rey", to sort of let people know she's really in the song (not quite as bad as a "Where's Waldo", but similar). However, I do appreciate the fact that Catpower made it a lead single, which is a kind of wonderful statement about her respect for LDR. Maybe Chan will be on LDR6?

At least this is a good song unlike whatever that børns track was

Ugh yes

Imagine in 2018 still thinking Lana is 'manufactured' lmao. Are they still reading shitty 2012 hipster blogs???

Thing is, i dont blame them because if you dont take the time to really keep up with her music youd have no idea who she really is. Its just a shame that the best of Lana (aka the REAL lana) is the alternative view.

It's a great song, I think, one that needs to be listened to with headphones on. She sings pretty much all the lines, along Cat. Feels a little bit less "deluxe back up singer" than some collabs we had this year (Borns and Jonathan Wilson). And the lyrics are great. Her voice and cat's blend well, maybe a little too well, maybe this is why many think that she is doing nothing on the track when, in fact, she's there the whole time. 

Cat generally has very few features on her albums, and they also toured together and seem to be fans of each other's work, so I have a good/hopeful feeling that Cat actually wants Lana to sing on the track and either have her own verse(s) or do a duet-style, trading off thing, instead of just the "sing a few notes in the background" thing she's been doing lately. 

I laughed

tumblr_o3k2s0IT4d1uvva9wo1_500.gif

At least this is a good song unlike whatever that børns track was

mcscuse me bitch

It's a great song, I think, one that needs to be listened to with headphones on. She sings pretty much all the lines, along Cat. Feels a little bit less "deluxe back up singer" than some collabs we had this year (Borns and Jonathan Wilson). And the lyrics are great. Her voice and cat's blend well, maybe a little too well, maybe this is why many think that she is doing nothing on the track when, in fact, she's there the whole time.

This makes a lot of sense actually

Isn't Lana on guitar on the left? Video doesn't show any closeup.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp