Amadeus

Galilee, Israel @ Meteor Festival - Sep 7, 2018 (CANCELLED)

I haven’t yet written anything on the matter because I know how the whole geopolitical situation in the Middle East is touchy to say the least. And I am not that informed on the subject either, so I didn’t comment because I lacked Facts. But I know that many artists have been criticized for doing so in the past.

In the end, I believe she did the right thing by canceling her show. The « neutral » position on the subject is the safest at the moment for an artist (if you perform in Israel, you have to perform in Palestine as well to « balance it out). She had good and pure intentions (to please her fans, to « be the change you want to be in this world », to bring her contribution, that her message for peace through music could be a water drop in a ocean , hopefully causing a storm that would wash away all the mess we did over the Ages). It may be naive to think so, but I get where it came from, and it was from a pure heart.

Thanks for your inputs on the matter. The debate got heated, but it was inevitable since the whole thing is soooooo heated as well.

Lmao yes it was! She was answering a two part question and unknowingly made the most iconic tweet of all time

skdksksk her robotic behaviour era was so iconic, i love her so much

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think this situation is a great opportunity for us to learn more about the conflict between Israel and Palestine. But don’t just look at a couple sources and be done. Really absorb all you can from everywhere before forming a true opinion. Israelis and Palestinians have a complex history, and innocent people are dying. However, do take in account your opinion about other countries, like the US, who have killed several innocent people, and what about that situation makes it different. I’ve been educating myself more since this concert was scheduled, and I’m still looking into it. It really isn’t a simple issue.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

you know what....... 

you see

im about to spill the tea on this matter

are you ready bc you better be ready huh

here we go

dog 

.. aka..

anyway i know that it's a very touchy subject but it's not right to offend anyone here, we all stand for the good cause of a peaceful world - i hope

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

who cares, politics are boring and a waste of time, bye 

so many people wish they had the privilege to say this. to you it may be a waste of time, but to other people, their lives depend upon it.

to say "who cares" is literally the most ignorant thing i've ever heard anyone say, even more ignorant than a lot of things trump has said lmao

so many people wish they had the privilege to say this. to you it may be a waste of time, but to other people, their lives depend upon it.

to say "who cares" is literally the most ignorant thing i've ever heard anyone say, even more ignorant than a lot of things trump has said lmao

ok, like i said, who cares

This is a letter that an Israeli politician sent to Lana (and also posted it on FB), I think some of you will find it interesting:

"Dear Lana Del Rey,

You’re sitting in New York after canceling your performance in Israel because of pressure from Roger Waters and other vocal BDS activists. It’s a shame, because you were lied to. You became another one in a series of people being used by Palestinian terrorist organizations without knowing the facts. Seeing as you’ve got some free time now maybe you should use it to learn about what’s really happening here in Israel. Here is a list of facts they kept from you:

• Israel was founded as a shelter for Jews from across the world after hundreds of years of persecution and the murder of six million of our people.
• Since the day Israel was founded we have offered peace to our neighbors time and again, we offered coexistence and compromise with the Arabs who live here. Our offers were declined.
• Israel has made two peace treaties –with Jordan and with Egypt – and both times proved that for the sake of peace we are willing to pay a heavy price.
• Twice, in the year 2000 and 2008, Israel offered the Palestinians the opportunity to build a country of their own on over 90% of the land. Both times the Palestinians said no.
• In 2005, as part of the disengagement plan, Israel left Gaza with no demands. We took down the settlements and the army withdrew. Instead of using the opportunity to build a better life for themselves, the Palestinians used Gaza as a launching pad to fire over 15,000 rockets and mortars at Israel.
• Hamas, the terror organization which rules the Gaza Strip, governs it under strict Islamic law. The LGBT community are threatened with hanging (did Roger Waters tell you that? Maybe it’s worth asking him?).
• We are the only country in the Middle East that genuinely protects the rights of women and the LGBT community.
• We have Arabs who serve as Supreme Court Justices, senior military officers, senior police officers, senior government officials and as doctors and professors. There are no positions that aren’t open to them in Israel.
• In Israel we had a female Prime Minister, a female President of the Supreme Court and a female Maj. Gen in the military.
• In Israel you can sing what you want, say what you want and dress how you want. Just across the border, women don’t even have the freedom to run a marathon or ride a motorbike.
• Israel is the start-up nation but doesn’t keep its knowledge to itself. We share it with others to improve the world: From cyber capabilities to clean water to the fight against hunger.
• Israel’s hospitals provide treatment to whoever needs, including Palestinians and refugees from the brutal war in Syria.

Lana, isn’t it a shame to let the lies of others decide for you? You gave up on the opportunity to see the reality for yourself and to use music as a tool to connect and spread love.

Israel is a country under threat. Although we are strong and can protect our citizens from our enemies, the boycott movement spreads an incomprehensible amount of lies to disparage Israel in the world. They are trying to isolate us, to turn Israel into an illegitimate state. They don’t seek peace, and despite what they might have told you, they don’t support a two-state solution. Their aim is the destruction of the State of Israel. The naivety of people like you amuses them. They are using you to harm Israel but do their best to hide behind the language of peace and love. The only way to fight their lies is to learn the truth.

Sincerely,

MK Yair Lapid"

https://www.facebook.com/YairLapid/posts/2014041618654179?__tn__=K-R

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

ok if you don't care then gtfo of this thread lmao

i don't understand people who waste their time on things they don't care about

i mean, i obviously like to be informed about things, but really, politics is a waste of time and it does nothing more than divide people. also, like Rob said, it's very very sad that something like music is compromised by these useless fights. 

I'm a sionist but cannot really blame her for her decision. She'll never ever perform in Palestine though  :toofloppy:

politics is a waste of time and it does nothing more than divide people

the proud stupid truly is the worst kind of stupid. I hope you're not older than 14

I'm a sionist but cannot really blame her for her decision. She'll never ever perform in Palestine though  :toofloppy:

the proud stupid truly is the worst kind of stupid. I hope you're not older than 14

you think i care about your drags on a forum on the internet? y'all take things always so seriously these days and that's exactly why music is affected this much by politics. music should be something everybody should enjoy without all these useless complications. i just don't care if you think i'm ignorant or not, i have my reasons to believe that politics will never bring anything positive in the world, doesn't matter how much they try, it is just impossible. we're all imperfect human beings and we don't even have the right capacity to guide our own lives without messing things up, imagine a whole country or a nation. 

This is a letter that an Israeli politician sent to Lana (and also posted it on FB), I think some of you will find it interesting:

"Dear Lana Del Rey,

You’re sitting in New York after canceling your performance in Israel because of pressure from Roger Waters and other vocal BDS activists. It’s a shame, because you were lied to. You became another one in a series of people being used by Palestinian terrorist organizations without knowing the facts. Seeing as you’ve got some free time now maybe you should use it to learn about what’s really happening here in Israel. Here is a list of facts they kept from you:

• Israel was founded as a shelter for Jews from across the world after hundreds of years of persecution and the murder of six million of our people.

• Since the day Israel was founded we have offered peace to our neighbors time and again, we offered coexistence and compromise with the Arabs who live here. Our offers were declined.

• Israel has made two peace treaties –with Jordan and with Egypt – and both times proved that for the sake of peace we are willing to pay a heavy price.

• Twice, in the year 2000 and 2008, Israel offered the Palestinians the opportunity to build a country of their own on over 90% of the land. Both times the Palestinians said no.

• In 2005, as part of the disengagement plan, Israel left Gaza with no demands. We took down the settlements and the army withdrew. Instead of using the opportunity to build a better life for themselves, the Palestinians used Gaza as a launching pad to fire over 15,000 rockets and mortars at Israel.

• Hamas, the terror organization which rules the Gaza Strip, governs it under strict Islamic law. The LGBT community are threatened with hanging (did Roger Waters tell you that? Maybe it’s worth asking him?).

• We are the only country in the Middle East that genuinely protects the rights of women and the LGBT community.

• We have Arabs who serve as Supreme Court Justices, senior military officers, senior police officers, senior government officials and as doctors and professors. There are no positions that aren’t open to them in Israel.

• In Israel we had a female Prime Minister, a female President of the Supreme Court and a female Maj. Gen in the military.

• In Israel you can sing what you want, say what you want and dress how you want. Just across the border, women don’t even have the freedom to run a marathon or ride a motorbike.

• Israel is the start-up nation but doesn’t keep its knowledge to itself. We share it with others to improve the world: From cyber capabilities to clean water to the fight against hunger.

• Israel’s hospitals provide treatment to whoever needs, including Palestinians and refugees from the brutal war in Syria.

Lana, isn’t it a shame to let the lies of others decide for you? You gave up on the opportunity to see the reality for yourself and to use music as a tool to connect and spread love.

Israel is a country under threat. Although we are strong and can protect our citizens from our enemies, the boycott movement spreads an incomprehensible amount of lies to disparage Israel in the world. They are trying to isolate us, to turn Israel into an illegitimate state. They don’t seek peace, and despite what they might have told you, they don’t support a two-state solution. Their aim is the destruction of the State of Israel. The naivety of people like you amuses them. They are using you to harm Israel but do their best to hide behind the language of peace and love. The only way to fight their lies is to learn the truth.

Sincerely,

MK Yair Lapid"

https://www.facebook.com/YairLapid/posts/2014041618654179?__tn__=K-R

Thank you for posting it. I LOVE these facts. Very nice of him to write this letter and detailing everything with such great accuracy and truth. I hope Lana will read it very carefully and consider performing in Israel, if not this year perhaps the next!

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

y'all believing politicians and celebrities that feed you these narratives and try to enlist you on supporting their propaganda is exhausting to see. Before taking sides, RESEARCH CREDIBLE SOURCES on the issue and how it is so much more than y'all are making it out to be and that Lana made the right decision not to support/attend the festival. chile im tired of misinformation and arguments made after reading one article from the internet.....

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...