partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

a while ago i saw a thread on twitter along the lines of how there was supposedly another album recorded before ultraviolence and it would apparently include JFK, angels forever and the old version of black beauty. i don't know if i remember correctly but does anyone know if this was even true lol 

a while ago i saw a thread on twitter along the lines of how there was supposedly another album recorded before ultraviolence and it would apparently include JFK, angels forever and the old version of black beauty. i don't know if i remember correctly but does anyone know if this was even true lol 

pretty sure this was confirmed by lana, Angels Forever & the Black Beauty demo were 100% confirmed for it but when they leaked she was discouraged about releasing the album, then she met Dan and re-recorded everything

as for Hollywood, JFK, Starry Eyed, and I Don't Wanna Go (Tonight), those were speculated to be meant for Paradise but saved for a later use

9ISvyf0.gif

What I'm more interested about is what other songs had or hadn't survived the cut that we don't know about. For example, she worked on Money Power Glory with Greg Kurstin and had it sitting for a long time and when it was released, Greg was pretty surprised to see she hadn't changed much (I believe the MPG hip hop demo is what they had originally cooked up) and that leads to the question of, if it does pre-date angels forever/BB demo, then would said "could have been" album really be *too* different? We also know of Melancholia which was an older demo to Ultraviolence, I've always wondered exactly how old that one was. Was it a Methamphetamine type situation? Guess we'll never know.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

i always thought the untouchable 5 were supposed to be like an EP but that's something i just assumed because it made sense to me, i don't know if she ever mentioned releasing them all together like that or if she wanted different songs for different projects. but i've always considered them like sisters with the paradise edition

UbsOye5.png

Well, when those songs leaked, she did say “my record leaked” but I’m not sure if she meant Black Beauty and AFFA only or all those songs

You know damn well she's dramatic and heavily relies on shorthand when she's talking so I doubt any more than these 2 tracks actually leaked

Or...?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I even believe this was the album described with spanish guitars, and even the opening track was supposed to be stacked acapellas or something like that.

Se said Black Beauty would be the first single and she already knew what the video would look like.

I wish she'd shot it :/

I believe it was likely just an early concept of what UV became (a bit like Honeymoon when she refered to it as MTWBT). AFFA, Black Beauty and Hollywood are the confirmed UV tracks though? On insta live last year she confirmed that Hollywood leaked with the wrong production (pre-UV) and suggests that Dan produced a final version?

I even believe this was the album described with spanish guitars, and even the opening track was supposed to be stacked acapellas or something like that.

Se said Black Beauty would be the first single and she already knew what the video would look like.

I wish she'd shot it :/

Yes! As much as I love her work, I do wish she'd follow through haha. Like when Dark Paradise was supposedly getting a music video in September 2013. Also, Brooklyn Baby, Cola, Black Beauty and obviously Cherry all had music videos/concepts teased.

I don't know if this opinion is unpopular or not but I truly believe Ultraviolence is a million times better than the untouchable 5 so I for one am happy she scrapped it

But it would've been so nice to hear the original Ultraviolence, or whatever it was going to be called before Auerbach, and what sound she was trying to go for. Since the untouchable 5 were most likely not final versions. I like to think she intended to release a 2013 album with these songs before possibly releasing something darker like Ultraviolence bc UV was such a drastic departure sonically from her previous work and TU5 were more in-tune with the likes of Paradise imo

R5sPD4M.jpg

Well, even if we are not counting with "untouchable 5", Lana herself confirmed that she reworked most of the record with Dan and that's what we deal with "original Ultraviolence record" (and recently we got some snippets from original demos that sound, well, different.)

I always imagined these 5 were for the new record and not Paradise outtakes. But really early records. The way we know about Black Beauty and all these songs were made avaliable at same time and even sound-like....

Love when we take deeper looks over this sea. Reminds me when lanaboards theorized the possibility of having a full scrapped record\concept between AKA and Born to Die with all the recordings we have around these years and even the "Mink coat video" thing.

The way we know about Black Beauty and all these songs were made avaliable at same time and even sound-like....

They weren't. People had Hollywood, Starry Eyed and JFK for months before Black Beauty and AFFA were put up on Rick's database.

For example, she worked on Money Power Glory with Greg Kurstin and had it sitting for a long time and when it was released, Greg was pretty surprised to see she hadn't changed much (I believe the MPG hip hop demo is what they had originally cooked up) and that leads to the question of, if it does pre-date angels forever/BB demo, then would said "could have been" album really be *too* different?

I remember this! When I heard the MPG demo snippet I was like wth did he talked about this sounds nothing like the final one lol (Instrumentally :creep:)

8nl2OpX.png

But it would've been so nice to hear the original Ultraviolence, or whatever it was going to be called before Auerbach, and what sound she was trying to go for. Since the untouchable 5 were most likely not final versions. I like to think she intended to release a 2013 album with these songs before possibly releasing something darker like Ultraviolence bc UV was such a drastic departure sonically from her previous work and TU5 were more in-tune with the likes of Paradise imo

Of course! I'm a hardcore Lana stan and I'm obviously always up for some more music, but that doesn't change the fact that Ultraviolence as it is as a final product changed my life for the better and shaped a lot of the best things that has happened to me

ZKcaooE.png

But do you remember in that live stream (last year?) someone told her to put Hollywood on her Unreleased album and she said that when Hollywood leaked, it had the wrong production. I wanna hear the RIGHT Hollywood

I've wondered if she was talking of that one or Hollywood's Dead, but I think that she has talked about the both of them if I'm not mistaken

8nl2OpX.png