Sign in to follow this  
Just Cherry

Mac Miller Passes Away at 26

This an emotive topic for a lot of people, so please be considerate of how other people may be impacted by this. I don't stan him or his music but honestly any death by drug overdose gets me feeling real sad and thinking about my family. Be kind to each other, please.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Reminder that Ian Wolfson AKA Rex Arrow, who directed all of Mac Miller's early music videos, directed something than Lana was in (wearing the infamous scarf) with John Rectenwald AKA John Record, who's appeared on a few songs with Mac Miller.

I looked into this quite awhile ago and found the same information and dead ends. When that photo was posted on tumblr, it was captioned "A long forgotten rex arrow film starring John and Lana." She doesn't appear in either the YouTube trailers or IMDb credits and Invisible Cities seems like it was probably a major project for Ian Wolfson at the time he made it, so it doesn't seem like he'd refer to it as "long forgotten". I doubt she's in it, but it would be interesting if someone could get their hands on a copy of the film to see.

However, I did find some other things on John Rectenwald. A John-Michael Rectenwald posted on her personal Facebook page multiple times (I'm too lazy to post screencaps right now) and he was also a music artist under the alias John Record. A Twitter exchange between @JohnRecord and @MissDaytona can be seen here. John Record has appeared on a few songs with Mac Miller whose videos have often been directed by Ian "Rex Arrow" Wolfson.

I've also wondered if Mizrahi was connected somehow in his capacity as a location manager.

It's also crazy that the president of the United States got into Twitter spats with Mac Miller, but that's just the insane world we live in now I guess.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

although i didn't listen to his music often, i did like him as a person and he definitely has some very good songs. very sad he's passed. may he rest in peace, and all of the Ariana "fans" commenting on her Instagram are absolutely disgusting. Ariana is grieving too and they're trying to drag her into this...pathetic.