How to disappear

California

The Next Best American Record

The greatest

Bartender

Happiness is a butterfly

hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Read the Pre-Pre-Release Thread

ANYONE WHO POSTS A DIRECT LINK TO THE LEAK, GIVES HINTS ON WHERE TO FIND THE LINK, OFFERS A LINK THROUGH DMS, ETC WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY BANNED. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Those who request a link to the leak will be warned and put on mod queue for two weeks, until the album is out.

Please do not begin the Post-Release Thread until the album is officially released. I will create one for you all.

& Finally, for the benefit of others who will be patient and wait for the official release, I recommend putting any spoilers about the albums (lyrics, thoughts, etc.) in spoilers.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or another moderator.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

After hearing Mariners Apartment Complex, Lust For Life seems like an essential stepping stone or bridging of the gap between Honeymoon and the new record. However ending Honeymoon with Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and opening the new record with "you took my sadness out of context" would've been a concept.

I just am so so happy MAC is authentic, raw, and seems to paint a story - personal to LDR - 

it makes the music so much more relatable again - (unlike with LFL) - and I just am so thankful for this 

beautiful song...

also I am sick and tired of ppl using labels such as "happy" and "sad"

it shouldn't be labeled and boxed up... let the music and lyrics express 

experiences she has had, to which we can relate to and find comfort in the unification of life's struggle 

ok but why she is using the same ugly lana del rey logo on lust for life cover

I personally love that logo and always have, since Video Games (although I do like the block letter logo used up until Lust For Life) - it's most likely just because the visuals, logos and album cover haven't been finalised yet?

Ready for this album to be the final inner clarity and being a better version of yourself Lust For Life was supposed to be.

Reading the review for MAC pitchfork made, and realizing the song's about affirming to be someone you can hold on to in the relationship, makes me hope she continues this thing of beind the person you can depent on. Maybe she's finally achieving the commitments she made on LFL, the whole Hero's journey and Get Free idea, what Malibu was supposed to be...

I mean, from:

Maybe by the time Summer's done
I'll be able to be honest, capable
Of holdin' you in my arms without lettin' you fall
When I don't feel beautiful or stable

to:

I ain't no candle in the wind
You lose your way, just take my hand
You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again
Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am
I'm your man

Summer's done and there's definitely a Change, I hope she doesn't scrap the whole thing two months away from release date  :toofunny:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

pls no collabs honestly. LFL was saturated in collabs and it only served to weaken the album overall.

I'm really excited to hear what influence Jack Antonoff has. Aim and Ignite is such a great album, maybe one of the best indie pop/rock releases of the era.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I just am so so happy MAC is authentic, raw, and seems to paint a story - personal to LDR - 

it makes the music so much more relatable again

Yes, I am pleased she's decided to make music for herself again (it's when she shines most), I do believe Lust For Life had a couple of songs like Get Free, that she had written for herself, but the "music for my fans" didn't work out as I expected.