Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana sings so much better than back in the day, yet now she likes to skip long parts of songs while performing live??? makes no sense to me. I was actually kiiiinnnda disappointed when I saw her live last year.

I literally cant believe when you guys complain about her shows :defeated: i know its all personal preference but her w the dancers and the bigass shows is... Idk i feel such confidence coming from her. I saw her twice. Both shows were absolutely different and the grace she emanated at my LATTM gig was phenomenal

honestly she just looks high to me

but i did like some of the shows, like i think the one in minneapolis? but i'm not sure. denver too

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

how do yawl plan on listening to the album for the first time ? im gonna blast it in my car and drive down the highway until IYC starts then i'll start bawling and swerve head-on into a freight truck

Probably crying and sobbing and screaming with joy at the start of each song.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Lana singing on her own just feels more intimate. No one pays to see a show where her back up dancers stand in FRONT of her and get in the way all the time.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I saw her last year at the LTTMT and I was going to the show expecting Lana to be super lazy with her vocals as I had seen on videos like that and she surprised me a LOT because she served most of the times. LFL is probably the worst song live because she's more focuseddancing than singing and lowkey the same with OTTR because she keeps with the choreo and doesn't sing the whole song, but with the rest she was singing literally all the time and improving some vocals every now and then

yeah i agree! i saw her in 2014 and she gave such a good performance you can tell she was having a good time but then i saw her january 18 and she literally sounded so fucking bored and just seemed so detached and like she didnt wanna be there

she was killing it in 2013-2014! she looked so confident on stage...she was on fire <3 and yeah it def seemed like she was happy to be there & having a good time

Lana sings so much better than back in the day, yet now she likes to skip long parts of songs while performing live??? makes no sense to me. I was actually kiiiinnnda disappointed when I saw her live last year.

yeah I was getting worried about her voice actually, but her performance at the ally coalition show just blew my mind... those vocals were something else... something we hadn't heard in a long time. so i don't get it

Remember last year when Lana was filmed doing karaoke with her friends and she put more effort into that than she did with her actual live perfomances

tenor.gif?itemid=11047700

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

honestly honey that's good for you! i'm glad you still enjoy her performances, but i just personally think that it's kinda disappointing to pay a certain amount of money and expect to see your favorite artist, sing and just enjoy the show, just for them to actually seem pretty bored and barely sing, and everything over playback (i hope i didn't do grammar mistakes oops). honestly Lana always seemed confident, happy, comfortable on stage back in the days (even though you could feel that she was a little nervous during the btd era). but now it just seems all.... off? idk i lowkey feel like she just does shows to do them, notice the playback, lazy outfits and dance moves during the lattmt.. i think i'm not the only one who thought about that

idk about lana bc i mean she does have money (probably enough to retire if she wanted to) but these days shows are pretty much artists' only source of income, so many feel forced to go on tour and that can definitely take all the fun out of it :(

I wish I had videos of when I saw her in 2015 at the Endless Summer Tour

if anyone has that blue tour shirt or the Peyote shirt from that tour in an XL hmu I wanna buy it off you

negAbhB.png

I think it's safe to say that the tone and narrative of NFR is that of a very hurt woman who is going through a phase of lamenting her past, which happens right after deciding to get over it (on LFL we see her finally choosing a life-changing path, often blinded by her new-found optimism) and prior to actually gettting over it (whatever comes next).

On songs like Cinnamon, she's basically asking her lover not to do her wrong like everyone else. On HIAB, she accepted she had her standards (for men and life in general) too low, but at the same time there is a positive feel to it -- she suffered so much that there's barely anything she can't handle now ("What's the worst that could happen to a girl that's already hurt?").

Venice Bitch has some of my favorite LDR lyrics of all time. Her problems and life experiences made her cold-hearted ("Ice cream, ice queen") and now she's doing her best to open her heart again ("Fear fun, fear love [...] Trying to be stonger for you [...] I'm sweet for you"). It didn't work for her and now she's lamenting her past again ("Oh God, miss you on my lips") and is doing anything to get him back; she's repeatedly telling him to "come over" and get high with her because "[they're] older" now (perhaps a metaphor to her being mature and open-hearted now).

Lana singing on her own just feels more intimate. No one pays to see a show where her back up dancers stand in FRONT of her and get in the way all the time.

It's always been a «problem» with her, and with the introspective songs from NFR, it's just gonna cement that: there is such an intimacy to her songs that doesn't often translate well in big arena tours or big venues. I get that those are the ones that are most lucrative, plus she is a «big star» and needs those big arenas or festivals to satisfy her fanbase. However, she would be much more comfortable and her music would be a 1000 times better in small venues, a bit like what she did at Chateau Marmont for Blake's birthday. A small room would let her vocals be more comfortable. I sometimes feel her intimidated in those big crowds (though not as much with the LATTM tour), and if the sound logistics are bad, there is always a good chance to see her «shrink» even more behind dance moves, or backup singers. 

Really hate to be a party pooper, but with nothing in sight yet, and with all the major releases heading this summer, I am starting to think a September release is now a possibility for NFR, though I'd fucking hate that.  :(

Really hate to be a party pooper, but with nothing in sight yet, and with all the major releases heading this summer, I am starting to think a September release is now a possibility for NFR, though I'd fucking hate that.  :(

that would really bite

giphy.gif

hey i called it :whatever2: