Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Am I the only one who thinks Ben is a shitty manager? He might be good for artists like Dua Lipa, but not Lana. If only she had Ariana's manager... Everything would be so organised, and she'd still be free to put out the music she wants.

Do you REALLY think Ariana is that free to release anything she wants? Lmao she literally just released a total cash grab album full of Max Martin trap-pop produced tracks. She’s fully a product right now. Lana would be forced to record BTD-type tracks and promote it the way we know she hates. So yeah, Ariana’s career is really well organised but she’s no way as authentic as Lana.

I think it's safe to say that the tone and narrative of NFR is that of a very hurt woman who is going through a phase of lamenting her past, which happens right after deciding to get over it (on LFL we see her finally choosing a life-changing path, often blinded by her new-found optimism) and prior to actually gettting over it (whatever comes next).

On songs like Cinnamon, she's basically asking her lover not to do her wrong like everyone else. On HIAB, she accepted she had her standards (for men and life in general) too low, but at the same time there is a positive feel to it -- she suffered so much that there's barely anything she can't handle now ("What's the worst that could happen to a girl that's already hurt?").

Venice Bitch has some of my favorite LDR lyrics of all time. Her problems and life experiences made her cold-hearted ("Ice cream, ice queen") and now she's doing her best to open her heart again ("Fear fun, fear love [...] Trying to be stonger for you [...] I'm sweet for you"). It didn't work for her and now she's lamenting her past again ("Oh God, miss you on my lips") and is doing anything to get him back; she's repeatedly telling him to "come over" and get high with her because "[they're] older" now (perhaps a metaphor to her being mature and open-hearted now).

This kinda rehyped me a bit. Please do another analysis when the records out this is greaaatt

UV/Honeymoon

Do you REALLY think Ariana is that free to release anything she wants? Lmao she literally just released a total cash grab album full of Max Martin trap-pop produced tracks. She’s fully a product right now. Lana would be forced to record BTD-type tracks and promote it the way we know she hates. So yeah, Ariana’s career is really well organised but she’s no way as authentic as Lana.

Ari chose the sound of the record. She was completely free and she only made it in a few weeks. This sound fits her way more than bubblegum pop. But she stays what she is and what she likes to be, a pop girl. She could be more soulful if she wanted. Lana is different. She's not here for the spotlights nor for charts.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

So Steve Klein has apparently shot two of Madonna's album covers:

rs-146981-d6f9d1325d7cd97903b75748aecb95R-1316369-1210053831.jpeg.jpg

Although him shooting Lana's cover is very unlikely at this point, it would be a nice change from Chuck. Just something more vibrant, daring and HQ would be amazing.

Love theseeee and I know it might be a bit bold coming from Lana, but I'd really like to see what they'd both come up w/ for an album cover. What colors they would use, what time periods they'd borrow from. Makeup?? And just the overall tone of it. Let's hope they're shooting at some beach or something

UV/Honeymoon

Ari chose the sound of the record. She was completely free and she only made it in a few weeks. This sound fits her way more than bubblegum pop. But she stays what she is and what she likes to be, a pop girl. She could be more soulful if she wanted. Lana is different. She's not here for the spotlights nor for charts.

If she’s comfortable with being a fully pop-commercial girl that’s good for her. But that’s not her ~artistic freedom~ that allows her to release an album that quick, one after another. Her management just knew it would be a great cash grab and she just wants the same thing. It wouldn’t be that simple for her if her choice of TUN’s sound direction would be something less commercial lmao. That’s why it definitely wouldn’t be the same with Lana.

If she’s comfortable with being a fully pop-commercial girl that’s good for her. But that’s not her ~artistic freedom~ that allows her to release an album that quick, one after another. Her management just knew it would be a great cash grab and she just wants the same thing. It wouldn’t be that simple for her if her choice of TUN’s sound direction would be something less commercial lmao. That’s why it definitely wouldn’t be the same with Lana.

Another factor of Ariana releasing albums quickly is that she’s doing what Lana isn’t : she sometimes reuses unreleased tracks from previous records and pus them on other ones. At least, that’s what a couple of fan sites have stated.

I just think of those photos of that time Ben forgot Lana at a bus stop or airport for nearly two hours and she's just smoking and looks like she's on the verge of tears, we stan incompetent management!

I didn't know that happened :toofunny: I just tried to find them and I failed but I found this instead

arCGgIg.jpg

off topic but i wish Lana got back to singing on her own, without the backup dancers. i mean they're sweet and shit but Lana focuses more on her weird moves than on singing when she's performing off to the races.. she barely sings the whole song anymore which sucks, also she should definitely drop the playback

i've never liked her background dancers.. no matter how nice they seem. it allows lana to be lazy on stage. AND i was center barricade for one of her shows and they still blocked the view....

tumblr_ndnjukpTXO1spo3yuo1_500.gif

I'm so close to unstanning you guys have no idea I'm literally over all this waiting and if she thinks she's gonna make me play boo boo the fool she's wrong I'm not that bitch and NFR is ugly anyway so you can keep it hoe

tumblr_po9evanXqp1ul9djy_250.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I'm so close to unstanning you guys have no idea I'm literally over all this waiting and if she thinks she's gonna make me play boo boo the fool she's wrong I'm not that bitch and NFR is ugly anyway so you can keep it hoe

tumblr_po9evanXqp1ul9djy_250.gif

I love positivity

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...