Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

you guys hate on every snippet she puts out zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That’s not true, I’ve only disliked White Mustang snippets and the first HIAB snippet. :crossed:

But I agree with a lot of you here, she needs to stop sharing these small snippets (I guess I could stop paying them attention but we all know that won’t happen lol) and I hope NFR won’t be an album with piano in every song... then I’m afraid they’ll all sound similar at first listen.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This new song is so good. I continue to be confused by why in the world did she put out MAC and then VB, when, while they are okay-ish, everything else she teased has been way better than those 2.

Did she archive Cinnamon too? I played it about 50-40 minutes ago but now I can’t find it on her page. I’m glad I woke up early automatically (“never” happens) so I could hear it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The FACT that Bartender & Sylvia are potential album songs as well as Yosemite & RBFY is insane. We’d know the entire album minus 1 song now. TBH if these are all scrapped we’d need another Lana hack cause God KNOWS how many scrapped albums songs there are from UV-Now. It’d be INSANE. Well over 40. LFL would undoubtedly have the most. Honeymoon with probably the least.

With how things are going, I feel like we won’t get Yosemite, Sylvia, Roses and Bartender after all

nF70D0F.png

I think the melodies of the ballads are beautiful so I don't mind them but wish she invites Dan Heath or Emile Hayne or someone who can add some atmosphere & soundscore instruments to make it sound magical! I mean being cinematic is Lana's signature style...

Jack Antanoff did Writer in The Dark (Lorde) & I don't want that similar simple piano sound for all of Lana's ballad. But I guess Cinnamon might have a beat drop in the chorus so I dunno... it might work out great (a similar sound to White Mustang?).

The FACT that Bartender & Sylvia are potential album songs as well as Yosemite & RBFY is insane. We’d know the entire album minus 1 song now. TBH if these are all scrapped we’d need another Lana hack cause God KNOWS how many scrapped albums songs there are from UV-Now. It’d be INSANE. Well over 40. LFL would undoubtedly have the most. Honeymoon with probably the least.

i dont think those songs will be on nfr

I don't know why we're so slavishly sticking to the whole "11 songs" thing. A few months before LFL, she was saying it was 18 tracks and we ended up with 16. When she first referenced the "collection of songs" for NFR, she said that she currently had that many songs she wanted on the album. The tracklist may yet be in flux. I could easily see her bumping it up to 12 or 13 tracks.

I actually like the melodies a lot even if they are piano ballads. They still sound different from May Jailer (and that's all I can hope for). I didnt like MAC and Venice Bitch was okay (it grew on me). But these snippets have a something more to them in my opinion. They feel more unreleased or something. I dont know.

I didn’t hear the beats in the background the first time I played Cinnamon (I was sleepy, had just woken up) but now I did and yoooooo, it sounds so good! I kind of imagine the chorus to be explosive? I think it can be just as good as MAC and VB!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I mean it’s kinda annoying she’s teasing every song, but for example MAC sounds very different than I expected from the snippet from her ig. So it’s still a surprise, even with HTD and now Cinnamon.

i thought her hair looked impeccable at the Freak premiere, but if we're talking about her weird floral dress on that one red carpet hair...no that aged her a good 5 years, didn't help she went off will the fillers at the same time

like you wouldn't think this was from 2016, you'd think it from 2012 or sumn

2016%2F02%2F10%2Fa2%2Flanafreak.67aec.jpi meant STRIPED dress..her wavy let down hair was a look

1125911414_4755976096001_4755761130001-v

after-party-beautiful-lana-del-rey-makeu

it's probably the bangs that made her face much more round than it was, but I still despise this hair to the absolute max

plus her blonde stint was cute and gave us this glory

Ci50abSW0AEVEpE.jpg

I loved the side bangs lmao especially in comparison to her weird middle part Bob she has now but I guess it's all perspective.

With all this teasing the album needs to drop before 2019, January at latest! Make it happen.