Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Chile I hope this album flops harder than Younger Now

It will, but it will get an universal acclaim stamp whereas Younger Now was mixed to bad 200.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The poems make me very disappointed because they are nothing like her songs, which I DO consider poetry. Her poems make me cringe they’re pretty bad.

Its possible to ideologically separate her songs from her poems in order to appreciate them in their own context and thats what some of u fail to realize

200.gif

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I shazamed all of the snippets again and HIAB still is on there but HTD as well, which wasn't the case before, am I right?

I don't recall Shazam recognizing HTD, no. 

A couple of months ago, that would have made me jump in expectation; right now, I don't even raise an eyebrow. 

As long as she doesn't clearly states something tangible about NFR, this will probably be my state of mind regarding her. Even her last poem didn't do anything for me, even though I really enjoy her poetry. 

I just realized Lana honestly think she's a big deal, holding out and all by this point. She thinks she's Norman fucking Rockwell, w her poetry book bs! She has become one of the people she was criticizing in her song before. This era truly has become a big catch 22

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Its possible to ideologically separate her songs from her poems in order to appreciate them in their own context and thats what some of u fail to realize 200.gif

I’m unable to find a context other then complete drivel at the moment. But I’m glad others love them.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I don’t think it will flop at all, music journalists who didn’t get her at first have turned around and seem very keen on hearing this project, I know I am very excited to hear it and it seems that there are so many out there who are impatient to play it. The expectations are high so it might sell fairly well for an album which isn’t really getting much promotion at all, but I guess no one will tell what we think of the album until we’ve played it through a few times.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I have a feeling that this album is going to have one iconic song that we won't be expecting... Not that the rest won't be good but I'm hoping for that one song that's just like.. fuck

I just realized Lana honestly think she's a big deal, holding out and all by this point. She thinks she's Norman fucking Rockwell, w her poetry book bs! She has become one of the people she was criticizing in her song before. This era truly has become a big catch 22

Hm maybe that's the point and it's all performance art at this point

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

The poems make me very disappointed because they are nothing like her songs, which I DO consider poetry. Her poems make me cringe they’re pretty bad.

I mean, I think the poems are OK. They're not amazing. Other people help her write songs most of the time (even if the concepts are her own), whereas the poetry is much more raw. So in a way, the poetry is more her.

I don't really like to compare them.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I have a feeling that this album is going to have one iconic song that we won't be expecting... Not that the rest won't be good but I'm hoping for that one song that's just like.. fuck

Hm maybe that's the point and it's all performance art at this point

I am expecting this website to crash out of all the disappointment after NFR is released lol.

Seriously, I think it's gonna be a «HM 2.0» when it comes to the first attraction of the album: many songs will maybe seem bland to some of you at first listen or all the songs will sound «the same», but most of the ballads will be growers and slow burners, with a couple of songs that will stand out at first (like Cinnamon). 

I would really like an album trailer similiar to the aesthetic of the Paradise album trailer again! All her album trailers are good but that one is just everything, it reall sells a mood while being fairly simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szSH_-qcx9k

The honeymoon trailer is very visually striking as well but Paradise remains so special to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2VBFxt4zOM

I'm really curious what will she come up with this time around considering so far the visuals of the era received no effort at all.

ok let me organize for myself

songs we've heard:

MAC, VB, HIADT and HTD (basically) (4)

song snippets we've heard:

cinnamon, IYC, be stronger (assuming its not IYC) and HIAB (4)

we know that there were 13 tracks back in january. assuming she stuck with that, we now have only 5 songs that we have no idea what they sound like. 

i hope she releases one of the songs she teased already for the next single and not the title track ): we would be down to 4. 

I think we have to remember MAC, VB, and Hope aren't going to be on the album (supposedly). I'm sure I saw that HIB is going to be the first official single from the album the other's were just songs she wanted to put out

I think we have to remember MAC, VB, and Hope aren't going to be on the album (supposedly). I'm sure I saw that HIB is going to be the first official single from the album the other's were just songs she wanted to put out

She has mentioned them being on the album a few times though...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I mean, I think the poems are OK. They're not amazing. Other people help her write songs most of the time (even if the concepts are her own), whereas the poetry is much more raw. So in a way, the poetry is more her.

I don't really like to compare them.

She writes the lyrics though; her cowriter usually just writes the chord progression 

She wants to hope it's fucking good, then, because if it isn't she will look even sillier than she does with her vape.

"Couldn't stop the way I was feelin' the day my record dropped ... AND IT WASN'T EVEN THAT GOOD!"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I would really like an album trailer similiar to the aesthetic of the Paradise album trailer again! All her album trailers are good but that one is just everything, it reall sells a mood while being fairly simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szSH_-qcx9k

The honeymoon trailer is very visually striking as well but Paradise remains so special to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2VBFxt4zOM

I'm really curious what will she come up with this time around considering so far the visuals of the era received no effort at all.

If the album trailer is in the same vein as the MAC/VB videos she can keep it 

I don’t think it will flop at all, music journalists who didn’t get her at first have turned around and seem very keen on hearing this project, I know I am very excited to hear it and it seems that there are so many out there who are impatient to play it. The expectations are high so it might sell fairly well for an album which isn’t really getting much promotion at all, but I guess no one will tell what we think of the album until we’ve played it through a few times.

just keep saying it... and maybe you'll convince hope