Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Petition for Lana to change the album title to Rorman Fucking Nockwell in honor of @RormanNockwell

I am so confused and embarrassed at myself cause I have always read their user name as NormanRockwell OMFG

are you sure it's not him? so many people i know told me it was him. it's weird.

10000000000% sure. lanadelnews used to do livestreams on instagram and his voice is nothing like Win's. He has shared his personal account in lanadelnews.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

What tha fucc. Weren’t you the one SWEARING that you knew the delay was because of the Norman Rockwell estate nixing the title?

No. I was not swearing that. I was not saying, and never have said, I have or had ‘inside information.’ I am a certified paralegal and know something about trademark law in the abstract, and how it can be generally applied, and was arguing from that POV as the most likely reason for the album’s delay.

That’s much different than being some anonymous nobody whose only claim is that “I have a inside contact at Interscope who told me ___________.” Or someone who claims to have contacted the Rockwell estate. Or “I have a friend whose barber’s mother’s gardener met Lana on the beach and was told the album would be out in August.’

Raising possibilities and probabilities based on American law and legal precedents is much different than stating any of those have come into play and produced facts, such as "Due to legal action by the Rockwell trustees, the album title will be changed forcibly, though no new title has yet been announced by the artist or Interscope, and no release date has been set." Nor is simply applying American trademark law ‘conspiracy mongering.’

As far as NFR spelled out being the actual title that will still be used, we’ll know that for certain when it’s posted on the Interscope site.

LDR and Interscope may still plan to use the NFR title IF it hasn't been successfully legally challenged; I can’t say: I don’t know the facts, and that’s all that matters. The facts.

Just because a law is on the books doesn't mean the government necessarily begins to apply it when they see it violated; with issues like trademark infringement, someone with a legal interest has to come forward and file an injunction or a lawsuit, or threaten their intention, and that gets the ball rolling. And we do not know whether or not that has happened. 

And since LDR has not proven to be a reliable source of information lately, we have to count on Interscope. 

honestly we deserve a high budget mv for THIS wait. if it was really set for march 29th release (which i believe, either way she said top of 2019 herself). then this itself gave her enough time. if this era came and went from sept to march with really no budget i wouldnt care. but with such a wait should come quality stuff. whatever

Not that I want to shit on your parade, but I don't think we'll get one. Even if we put aside her attitude and «lack of effort» with this era, the visuals are deliberate.

She described NFR as having no bangers and having a «day-in-the-life» kinda feeling. Her music is always rooted in the present time, with a retro flair; what is more «a-day-in-the-life» than homemade video with old filters reminiscent of 8mm films from the 70's?

Plus it doesn't take too much effort to do that kind of video, so there's that....

so i just listened to MAC for the first time in 5 weeks... ma'am let me just say... whew

ill try not to listen to it again till the album comes.. it rly felt so good again and not played-out which i was afraid could happen

omfg im listening again im trying so hard... 

putting a positive spin on this era to avert meltdown Norman Fucking Rockwell is free therapy.  This album has introduced me to my shadow side and my inner saboteur all in one swoop, then I've been forced to confront both, and come to terms with a life of no peace, no resolution, no reconciliation.  But I am still alive... we all are, i think.  somehow, we survive.

i've started dreaming in only the colors violet, blue, green, and red.  Lana came to me in a vision, slapped me across the face, and hissed "i'm never releasing it" and cackled for what felt like hours.. all of a sudden i was face to face with my doppelganger.. but her hair was longer, her lips had been injected with silicone, she was wearing yoga pants and sipping matcha.. was i? could it be? i looked at myself as Lana Del Rey, leaned in to my own ear, and whispered "i'm your man" -- then i woke in a cold sweat.

this era has made me stronger than ever.  i have faced the void, pure meaninglessness and swirling entropy, and come out the other side. i still drag myself to my computer each day to sob while reading Lana boards.  i have to get a new computer from the water damage.  surf rock vibes streaming from my eyes.

jk im only here so ill be the first to know when it leaks

putting a positive spin on this era to avert meltdown Norman Fucking Rockwell is free therapy.  This album has introduced me to my shadow side and my inner saboteur all in one swoop, then I've been forced to confront both, and come to terms with a life of no peace, no resolution, no reconciliation.  But I am still alive... we all are, i think.  somehow, we survive.

i've started dreaming in only the colors violet, blue, green, and red.  Lana came to me in a vision, slapped me across the face, and hissed "i'm never releasing it" and cackled for what felt like hours.. all of a sudden i was face to face with my doppelganger.. but her hair was longer, her lips had been injected with silicone, she was wearing yoga pants and sipping matcha.. was i? could it be? i looked at myself as Lana Del Rey, leaned in to my own ear, and whispered "i'm your man" -- then i woke in a cold sweat.

this era has made me stronger than ever.  i have faced the void, pure meaninglessness and swirling entropy, and come out the other side. i still drag myself to my computer each day to sob while reading Lana boards.  i have to get a new computer from the water damage.  surf rock vibes streaming from my eyes.

jk im only here so ill be the first to know when it leaks

this is a work of art

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

i have faced the void

and come out the other side

stronger than ever

surf rock vibes streaming from my eyes

face to face with my doppelganger

But I am still alive

yoga pants and sipping matcha

somehow, we survive

whoa i'm in love with this new leaked nfr track

it's just the way i feel

I had some idea about why she is not talking about the release / sharing any sort of info.

She is signed with Interscope records just like Selena Gomez, who is in the same situation: she was "working"  on her upcoming album for 4 years now, apparently even 2 years ago it was ready for release but it never came out. (she had some health problems but she is over those now) When asked about the album Selena always says it's coming "soon" and that she is simply not allowed to reveal more information. Once she did a livestream for fans in her car where she accidentally revealed a new song title ("Rare") and then immediately after she said it she was like: aw, I wasn't supposed to say that I will get in trouble. So basically the higher ups at the label restrict how much information she can reveal and since she and Lana are at the same record label, they might be in the same position.

Careful, everyone is gonna get annoyed and say Lana runs her own show and the label has nothing to do with this mess lol. But I agree, I think the label has something to do with it. It just doesn’t really make sense otherwise

I'm usually that girl who gets annoyed at the theories of it being the label, but this is some very interesting information.  :tea: