Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

No, I meant in terms of how much everyone sings in the entire thing. As in, two lines for sis.

Haha true! With three singers for a 3-minute song (which is pretty much standard for a pop banger), each sings one part and comes back for the final chorus.

It mustn’t have taken her an hour to record this lol

Everything makes sense now

does it tho??? bc mariners apartment complex backwards is xelpmoc tnemtrapa sreniram and venice bitch backwards is ecinev hctib and lana del rey is a woman!!! this isn’t adding up fw5fg4.gif

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

So... re-reading that Elle interview, I really do believe the couple of tracks that she was gonna release are Doin Time and Don't Call Me Angel (it makes sense that in April she knew when these songs would have to be released). Especially considering she hasn't mentioned any other song titles or desire to release a particular song.

She also talks about the poetry book and says she's hoping to have it done and out in 6 months or so, so that takes us to October (I know people thought she'd forgotten about it haha).

She said there is no plan and no plan for a mega record launch, so I do believe we could just see this being announced a week beforehand on her insta... Like a photo of the album cover and her being like "record out next week". Which makes me think we ain't getting special variants or box sets etc. I imagine we'll get CD and LP for release and maybe UO or somewhere will do an exclusive later in the year.

I don't think we'll get a lead single at all, like I think Mariners Apartment Complex acts as the first single. I think the Happiness... video will be recycled for like another visual or will just be scrapped.

okay like this makes sense... idk about the visuals part like special variants/box set etc, i think we might since she’s had so much time yknow? plus chuck said mac(? maybe it was one of the other vids but u get the point) was part of a bigger project. and with the rumor about the sublime tour bus thing, it could totally be for NFR, bc i think we all agree that a video for doin time doesn’t really make sense lol. but considering how she’s described the vibe of the album, i could totally see it being used in a video or shoot. but okay so like doin time and don’t call me angel being the songs she was talking about makes sense, especially with how you explained it. if 6 months from march is september, and she puts the poetry book out then, and she wants the poetry book out before the album, we could be looking at anywhere from sept-dec release for NFR. which makes sense, with her top of the (new?) year comment from earlier, it’s like.. the top of the year.. the end of it..u reached the top. so this has probably been the plan all along, and it just got messed up. i think mac/venice bitch very possibly could have been an unplanned release to distract from the israel thing and could’ve been meant for later or not at all bc of the artworks, maybe she just had to pick something to assign them quickly. whomb knows anyway though, i’m dumb and with lana anything is possible lol

edit: plus going by this suspected timeline doin time and don’t call me angel would make sense so she doesn’t have to do her own promo, maybe she worked it out that way on purpose. but my point is i don’t think the album has actually been delayed, she meant end of the year all along

UbsOye5.png

lowkey can Lana just change the title of NFR so we more of less disassociate this era with the album? just call it 'Jack Fucking Antonoff' or even 'Beef Fucking Stroganoff' tbh

Stroganoff would be a concept

nice cocc bro

okay like this makes sense... idk about the visuals part like special variants/box set etc, i think we might since she’s had so much time yknow? plus chuck said mac(? maybe it was one of the other vids but u get the point) was part of a bigger project. and with the rumor about the sublime tour bus thing, it could totally be for NFR, bc i think we all agree that a video for doin time doesn’t really make sense lol. but considering how she’s described the vibe of the album, i could totally see it being used in a video or shoot. but okay so like doin time and don’t call me angel being the songs she was talking about makes sense, especially with how you explained it. if 6 months from march is september, and she puts the poetry book out then, and she wants the poetry book out before the album, we could be looking at anywhere from sept-dec release for NFR. which makes sense, with her top of the (new?) year comment from earlier, it’s like.. the top of the year.. the end of it..u reached the top. so this has probably been the plan all along, and it just got messed up. i think mac/venice bitch very possibly could have been an unplanned release to distract from the israel thing and could’ve been meant for later or not at all bc of the artworks, maybe she just had to pick something to assign them quickly. whomb knows anyway though, i’m dumb and with lana anything is possible lol

edit: plus going by this suspected timeline doin time and don’t call me angel would make sense so she doesn’t have to do her own promo, maybe she worked it out that way on purpose. but my point is i don’t think the album has actually been delayed, she meant end of the year all along

wait wait wait, can someone explain the whole bus doin´ time situation to me pls  :um2:

tumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo4_250.pngtumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo1_250.png

That's what I thought when she said "top of the year" but everyone kept saying it was going to be jan - march 2019 so i thought i was wrong.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

That's what I thought when she said "top of the year" but everyone kept saying it was going to be jan - march 2019 so i thought i was wrong.

i just figured top=beginning as in "take it from the top"

but i guess lana isn't known for making sense

it's just the way i feel

What if Elizabeth’s “top of the year” comment was some subliminal contrived bottom awareness PSA or something? Sis has been lazy af lately and tops can be passive af while the bottom does a lot of work (plus all the preparation beforehand) #BottomAwareness

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

wait wait wait, can someone explain the whole bus doin´ time situation to me pls  :um2:

Someone commented a post on the Sublime page on Facebook saying that his friend who owns the Sublime van was contacted by Lana's team to get it bought. But yeah, idk, maybe yes, maybe no. Y no sé por qué no te lo digo en español y listo, pero bueno, qué va a ser.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Me coming into this thread hyped because there is like 30 new pages and expecting to see that maybe just maybe we got some news about the album.... only to see that it was just the girls fighting....

Also I’d like to say that having a pop star/musical career =\= a regular 9-5 yob lol.

Y’all expect something to happen on August 4th or somewhere around there ^_^

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that it could mean end of the year. I was seeing the year as a mountain, and the top were the last few months.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~