46739 replies to this topic

#45821 OFFLINE   plastiscguy

plastiscguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Time Online: 1h 27m 5s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:21 PM

Maybe it’s just that, about being mysterious. Maybe it’ll get people googling “what’s Lana Del Rey’s upcoming album” instead of just mindlessly presaving it. Idk, she hasn’t been referring to any of her albums by name lately, so it’s making me think it has nothing to do with NFR specifically. Maybe by not naming the albums, new fans will go look them up themselves and it’ll give them more insight or spike interest or even detract people who really don’t care enough to look it up. Or she’s just so anti-promo that she’s actively anti-promoting them. Idk, she’s an enigma.

That would imply ingenuity and effort. And neither L*na nor her team would move their lazy asses and come up with an idea like that... It's just not realistic.

• Slumdog and movebaby like this

#45822 OFFLINE   Sugar Venom

Sugar Venom

PARADISE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationGlimmering By The Swimming Pool
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 76d 9h 6m 51s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:26 PM

I think this has made me really see the difference in how the songs feel. The BTD album has songs with such massive scope- you could listen to it driving with your boyfriend of three months to Las Vegas to get married, you could listen to it at 14 and think about the crush you never speak to, and still get that rush. With a song like MAC though, I feel like to truly feel it you need to have had a more mature relationship experience. I've listened to MAC frequently since it came out as I was going through a long, drawn-out not-quite break-up with someone that thought my own sadness could be co-opted by them. While a lot of the songs on BTD might talk about specific situations, like swinging in the backyard while your boyfriend plays video games, or walking the streets as a 17 year old alcoholic prostitute, they're still more universal than a specific conversation in someone's car or by an apartment complex. 

It's kind of strange to me that as she clearly loses interest in fame she makes her lyrics so, so personal and precise. 

very well said! i think this is part of the issue too, as she moves towards maturity and making healthy decisions and healing, she loses relatability to her fans that aren’t in that headspace yet. it’s “easier” (not really, but it feels better in the moment) to romanticize your problems, to glamorize them and make them seem dreamy and alluring, but you get to a point where you realize instant gratification/validation isn’t worth it and in the long run doing things differently as uncomfortable or painful as that may be, is the better choice because it shapes your future into something different (healthier/more positive). the trouble is that she’s known to the GP as the tumblr sad girl so like.... i get why she might feel stuck or trapped. or even as she gains independence, i feel like there’s a level of spite because she doesn’t want to cave to be what her label wants or what her “fans” or listeners want, but she’s not in a position of direct power so all she can do is Not do something. like, okay you want me to write more of this narrative but i don’t relate to that anymore., i made this album with a different narrative, so what are you gonna do about it? we’ve seen her fight with what her team wants vs what she wants before so like... idk. i feel like they’re like okay we’ll just promote other people and put you on the backburner to teach you a lesson (do what we want) and lana’s stubborn ass is like okay fine  :) i’ll just have fun taking surfing lessons with my boyfriend and doing watercolors and learning to fly a plane while y’all do that, cuz i’m not budging either, so thanks for the vacation <3 ps i already told my fans about the album so  :)

anyways sorry for that ramble but you’re right, even with her way older may jailer sirens kind of songs, we still see that as she shows maturity her lyrics get hyper specific again  

i wonder why that is? all of her more grandiose stuff seems more like escapism, so it’s like concepts rather than actual experiences. even the difference in how she sings, may jailer has a sensibility in her voice whereas lana del ray is playful and mischievous and maybe even supernatural, and lana de rey is lamenting and romantic, etc

• Barry, movebaby and pincurlsandpearls like this

UbsOye5.png

#45823 OFFLINE   paradisetropico

paradisetropico

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Time Online: 18d 12h 7m 22s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:04 PM

I don't think she was or is glamorizing her sadness, I think she really was writing the way she felt, and maybe that can seem glamorous through the visuals,

she was the first mainstream artists to do so....

and also, just because someone is maturing & trying to Change, does not mean that the sadness or troubling emotions are not still there... 

emotions are waves, like she wrote in her poem. 

(to me LFL definitely felt different & I don't know if it felt forced to me, or just less personal.. but it does not entice me like the previous works or her new singles... because even pre LDR music was relatable simply for its authentic descriptions of experiences she felt or wished to feel, and it makes us feel united in our emotions of electricity, sadness, longing, bad girl vibes, etc.. .) 

I feel like all the singles are really authentic/relatable, esp Venice Bitch, Hope, they feel super in depth & raw.

I just am so curious where NFR fits in the journey... I truly think LFL was for the critics, appeasing the masses, I think she was tired of being talked about/labeled, which is dumb cause she's created such beautiful art, and I wish she didn't care... she alludes to this in Coachella song, "critics can be so mean" 

I hope NFR is super authentic / raw and that it reignites her passion for her art, regardless of what a dumb critic might conclude, because her fans love and support her..

• Nobody, Lanalouis1, Sugar Venom and 6 others like this

#45824 OFFLINE   Nobody

Nobody

take it doen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Time Online: 320d 22h 37m 28s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:04 PM

Saw this on Reddit, apparently posted on a Sublime discussion forum

gox74t43vp931.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Sounds fake but there's nothing else to talk about  :hooker:

• Lanalouis1, californianfreak, Sugar Venom and 11 others like this

#45825 OFFLINE   domandapiano

domandapiano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa.
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 31d 12h 7m 9s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

I would be so bummed if what they filmed in Malibu was a video for Doin Time.
  • godknowsitried likes this

#45826 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Time Online: 50d 8h 43m 11s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

Saw this on Reddit, apparently posted on a Sublime discussion forum

gox74t43vp931.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Sounds fake but there's nothing else to talk about  :hooker:

Honestly, fake news are the most interesting things with this era. 

• WildMustang, SparkleJumpropeNoose, Marius12 and 4 others like this

#45827 OFFLINE   recklessdaughter

recklessdaughter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Locationthe forest of neldoreth
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 13d 11h 40m 44s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:16 PM

I wish she didn't care... she alludes to this in Coachella song, "critics can be so mean"

Wasn’t she referring to what critics (and basically everyone) said about Father John Misty’s performance at Coachella that year? Even headlines at the time were joking that everyone except Lana hated his performance.
  • Slumdog, Clampigirl and amphetamine like this

#45828 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:16 PM

I would be so bummed if what they filmed in Malibu was a video for Doin Time.

I think Doin" Time's time for a video has sailed. It should have been out by the time single did. 

• Slumdog, Marius12 and Clampigirl like this

#45829 ONLINE   momemilio

momemilio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 8d 15h 55m 24s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

She planned to announce tour dates, album cover, tracklist and date of release today on Twitter, but it's down, so she will post it in 2045. See u, gay pals.

• Xtraordinary Machine likes this

#45830 OFFLINE   WildMustang

WildMustang

motorcycle love divine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 333d 9h 35m 42s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

I need a good music video for a new song please
  • Clampigirl and heroinmelodies like this

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

#45831 OFFLINE   nothinggoldcanstay

nothinggoldcanstay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Time Online: 2h 46m 58s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:28 PM

Soooooooo I just saw the schedule for both Super Bock in Portugal and Benicassim....

Mom is playing at 12:15 am in Portugal and fucking 1 am in Benicassim. 

Ummmmm..... So yeah... I think I might just faint front row.

• Marius12 and Clampigirl like this

#45832 OFFLINE   Diamond Whore

Diamond Whore

Fresh Out Of Fucks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • LocationMindless Vacuum
  • Fan Since:National Anthem
  • Time Online: 151d 1h 4m 3s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:36 PM

I need a good music video for a new song please

We haven’t had a decent MV since SOC. We are definitely not gonna get one this time round either :rip: :lel:
  • Sugar Venom likes this

mn0xppm0o20oh41wawqa.png

#45833 OFFLINE   Vitamin Lana

Vitamin Lana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 17d 10h 54m 6s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:37 PM

i wish Lana would make more tracks like her pre-BTD songs. also it kinda sounds like a reach but ever since i started stanning Gaga i realized that The Fame has really similar topics to Lana's music, like the whole fame/disco/money/gangster/drugs thing. the other days i was listening to "Boys Boys Boys" and Gaga singing "i like you a lot, lot, think you're really hot, hot" got me shook cuz she sounded a LOT like Lana. i almost thought it was her lol. Also i think it's interesting that both of their first & second pieces are albums then reeditions of the first one (ex: The Fame became The Fame Monster & Born To Die became Born To Die the Paradise Edition). idk i thought it was kinda funny that Lana hated Gaga back in the days when their early tracks are actually really similar. I'd love to see them collab one day
  • Diamond Whore, Arcadia, amphetamine and 2 others like this

styrofoam on the microphone, can't give it up, can't do it alone 

#45834 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

you smell like a million roses bathed in rock and roll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014
  • Time Online: 228d 5h 33m 21s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

i wish Lana would make more tracks like her pre-BTD songs. also it kinda sounds like a reach but ever since i started stanning Gaga i realized that The Fame has really similar topics to Lana's music, like the whole fame/disco/money/gangster/drugs thing. the other days i was listening to "Boys Boys Boys" and Gaga singing "i like you a lot, lot, think you're really hot, hot" got me shook cuz she sounded a LOT like Lana. i almost thought it was her lol. Also i think it's interesting that both of their first & second pieces are albums then reeditions of the first one (ex: The Fame became The Fame Monster & Born To Die became Born To Die the Paradise Edition). idk i thought it was kinda funny that Lana hated Gaga back in the days when their early tracks are actually really similar. I'd love to see them collab one day

hey there sugar baby saw you twice at the pop show

you taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll

:dance: :grinds::dance:

• SparkleJumpropeNoose, amphetamine, LanaFlowers and 4 others like this

Heroin gold in my veins and you in my thoughts

#45835 OFFLINE   CmonDownToFL

CmonDownToFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Time Online: 6d 22h 3m 47s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

Wait why did everyone hate the father John misty performance? I didn’t see it so I don’t know. Also when’s miss thing’s next show? If she doesn’t say anything about the al boom it’s safe to assume it’s not coming in August although I already don’t believe that much

#45836 OFFLINE   Vitamin Lana

Vitamin Lana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 17d 10h 54m 6s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:47 PM

hey there sugar baby saw you twice at the pop show
you taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll

:dance: :grinds::dance:

honeslty doesn't it sound.... so Lana???
  • Arcadia, Clampigirl, amphetamine and 1 other like this

styrofoam on the microphone, can't give it up, can't do it alone 

#45837 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:48 PM

Wait why did everyone hate the father John misty performance? I didn’t see it so I don’t know. Also when’s miss thing’s next show? If she doesn’t say anything about the al boom it’s safe to assume it’s not coming in August although I already don’t believe that much

She begins a new stretch of shows from July 18 to 24. 
I first thought she could have given us something this week or next week, but I think it's going to be after July 24. 

#45838 OFFLINE   Vertimus

Vertimus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Time Online: 11d 16h 59m 57s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

When VB was released, I didn’t se anyone here mention that the ‘fear fun’ line at the beginning was a direct reference to Misty’s ‘Fear Fun’ album.

#45839 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

you smell like a million roses bathed in rock and roll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014
  • Time Online: 228d 5h 33m 21s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

honeslty doesn't it sound.... so Lana???

It does! It reminds me of the lyric to JFK that goes "you smell like a million roses bathed in rock and roll" // "you taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll"

ugh queens

• Clampigirl, heroinmelodies, amphetamine and 3 others like this

Heroin gold in my veins and you in my thoughts

#45840 OFFLINE   Ryusei

Ryusei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Time Online: 11d 2h 3m 21s

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

idec about any music videos I just want the album...

• Lanalouis1 and GeminiLanaFan like this

33 user(s) are reading this topic

12 members, 19 guests, 1 anonymous users

PalmTrees, leaderofthepack, Google (1), stargazed, LillianL, xxmissdaytonaxx, Say Yes to Heaven, Flowermotel, jordo017, LemonadeHeavens, Your Girl Lana, alejxndro, SpaceX