Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

can she give us a tree please

like, imagine a sequoia, or a redwood? so california, so symbolic of her strength and confidence and legacy

I feel like it may be a pine tree.

"You still can find me if you ask nicely, underneath the pines..."

Especially since it seems like she's going back to her Lizzy/Elizabeth roots. She said in an interview that the lyric was referencing the pine trees her & her family would always hang around back in Lake Placid.

The photo for Mariners Apartment Complex also features what appears to be some form of pines.

"Lovers of Trees"

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I feel like it may be a pine tree.

"You still can find me if you ask nicely, underneath the pines..."

Especially since it seems like she's going back to her Lizzy/Elizabeth roots. She said in an interview that the lyric was referencing the pine trees her & her family would always hang around back in Lake Placid.

The photo for Mariners Apartment Complex also features what appears to be some form of pines.

"Lovers of Trees"

I'm here for it - trees, dunes, beachgrass, waves crashing. Maybe a forest of pines. It sounds so lovely. Funny you mention this cause I was just listening to the NPR interview, again, a couple of days ago. I loved when she shared that little insight.

I'm sorry you couldn't catch an iconic vine reference that changed a generation

giphy.gif

Generation? Where?

can she give us a tree please

like, imagine a sequoia, or a redwood? so california, so symbolic of her strength and confidence and legacy

How about a stone? Or metal? Gas?

I wonder how long the record will be, and if MAC will be at the beginning, middle or end of the record...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I feel like MAC directly contrasts Is This Happiness. In MAC she is acting like a light for the guy she’s seeing, saying she will guide his ship when it’s lost at sea, while in ITH she sadly reflects on a relationship with a guy who is experiencing problems, but kind of quietly accepts it.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

When/where did Lana mention Sylvia?

We don't have any tangible evidence that it exists. It was claimed that she mentioned the song at or after her show in San Diego, but there's no recording to support that.

i hope LDR6 is a cute lil 10 or 11 track girl. all antonoff. super concise. her melodrama!

if it's another 15+ track mixtape LFL mess she can KEEP IT :crossed:

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

I wonder how long the record will be, and if MAC will be at the beginning, middle or end of the record...

I can definitely see it as the opener to the record. I think it really connects well with Get Free as it has a long outro, and MAC has a long intro. The messages fit together nicely too.

I feel like this record won't be as long as the last one, perhaps 12-14 songs, but I have an inkling that we may get some bonus tracks with this one, perhaps including 'Happiness is a Butterfly', 'Bartender', 'Yosemite', etc.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

So I guess it's pretty obvious that the MAC video is reused footage? As someone pointed out earlier, her dancer sang happiness is a butterfly at one point and Lana was lip syncing to something else at another scene. I love the song and I'm so thankful we're getting amazing new music but when will she stop reusing scrapped footage, it's messy and disappointing...And I guess this means happiness is a butterfly could be scrapped? Or else she'd just save this video for the release of that...But it's lana so you never know, it might still be on there lmao.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m