Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

omg HIAB has been one of my favourites based on the snippets so far and this new one is ever better I can't wait to hear it IM SO EXCITED  :excited:

I don't understand why is she so chaotic with the album release of her last 2 records (LFL and NFR).

I really think that she did best with the album promotion of Honeymoon. She dropped the first single on August 12 and released the whole album on Sep 16, with two promotional singles between the dates.

LFL was dragging 5 months, with instagram-snippets-turned-into-singles-in-front-of-us (Coahcella), the album sounded all over the place. I missed the frame in which Honeymoon was promoted and released.

NFR was announced in September and will probably come out in march/april. Which makes 6 months between what we heard first from the album and the actual album. 

What awaits us next? 12 months gap between the first single and the album release? 

Y'all I am not here for a lullaby album though. Production is always one of her strongest qualities, Jack is a great pop producer I hope she took advantage of that somewhat.

I think it's not all bad. It's like the May Jailer stuff, at first it might be underwhelming but if the lyrics are good it will give you all the feels overtime. (if you keep listening to it)

LFL was dragging 5 months, with instagram-snippets-turned-into-singles-in-front-of-us (Coahcella), the album sounded all over the place. I missed the frame in which Honeymoon was promoted and released.

Well she decided to change up the entire album (scrap BAR and yosemite and put on white mustang and summer bummer, cherry was a late addition too). It was probably because of her turbulent dating life at the time

Y'all I am not here for a lullaby album though. Production is always one of her strongest qualities, Jack is a great pop producer I hope she took advantage of that somewhat.

god i remember back before MAC and VB were released people were thinking that the album would be TOO pop because jack was producing...i think it's safe to say those fears have been assuaged 

I don't think Lana would use Jack if it was just going to be an album full of piano ballads - I don't know much about reputation, but Melodrama and Masseduction had very rich production. As Jack is working on NFR, I would have thought he would put his signature stamp of much fuller production on it too. And there have been more piano-driven tracks on Melodrama (Liability) and Masseduction (New York, Happy Birthday, Johnny) as well as songs very rich in production. We heard part of the HTD instrumental, and to me it doesn't sound like it will be heavily piano-driven. It reminds me more of video games - a slow ballad with rich production. If Lana was going to make a piano-driven album, I don't think she would have wanted to work with a new producer, and would have worked with Rick again!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

As Jack is working on NFR, I would have thought he would put his signature stamp of much fuller production on it too. And there have been more piano-driven tracks on Melodrama (Liability) and Masseduction (New York, Happy Birthday, Johnny) as well as songs very rich in production. We heard part of the HTD instrumental, and to me it doesn't sound like it will be heavily piano-driven. It reminds me more of video games - a slow ballad with rich production. If Lana was going to make a piano-driven album, I don't think she would have wanted to work with a new producer, and would have worked with Rick again!

You have to remember that Lana is THE one in control in the studio, so another person is not just going to tell her what to do. Obviously there is no place for this guy's style to dominate Lana's vision.

you all been smoking high quality pot to think the "series" is about a Tropico kinda epicness.... it's probably just MAC-VB-HIAB trilogy  :creep:  :lmao:

Oh I'm sure it won't be on the same level as Tropico as it seemed pretty high budget! But it is possible that we have a short film? I'll admit I'd be surprised if I am right but it is possible! Like, we have seen over 14 minutes worth of footage for supposedly one song? Unless HIAB pulls a VB and becomes her longest song ever, it could be there is a short film using music from NFR! Or this is left over footage from the HIAB she didn't want to use and ended up as videos for MAC and VB.  And Chuck did describe a 'series', which to me implies a bigger project.

Her last solid album release was probably Ultraviolence.

Ultraviolence was announced December and came out in June with first single in April which was solid, yes. But the music videos were a bit hasty. Considering she teased the Ultraviolence video which never came to be leading to a bad iPhone video releasing in December (iirc). Also the censorship of half of the West Coast music video, though that wasn’t really her fault.

Honeymoon was initially considered as an idea being titled Music to Watch Boys To in June 2014 and announced in January as Honeymoon with the first snippet happening 5 months later and full lyrics randomly appearing in the tour lyric book and then the song being posted to youtube randomly one day in July. Even before then, the first single (MTWBT) was being teased by its actors saying it was coming soon and then for sure coming in June yet we didn’t get it until September 30th when the single was released in the beginning of September. Then we get a Freak premiere that was entirely rehashed footage she never got to release. But I do think in terms of music release, it was solid. Had an amazing Urban Outfitters listening and was just fun overall.

Then it begins to get messy in early 2017 with Love leaking a month earlier than when she even wanted to release it, her title track leaks too leading to a loss of direction i’m sure and LFL just becomes a mess of a release. Then she begins posting snippets which I get is a thing to hold us over but it really just gets people thirsty for certain tracks and mad when the next single isn’t it. Thats all I’m saying abt LFL

Norman is just entirely messy. No confirmation of anything, we’re all just guessing about EVERYTHING and rumors are flying everywhere yet we get none of her official team addressing these rumors. She’s posted SO many snippets which just lead to an absolute hype of particular tracks which will probably end with the tracks not being as good as we thought. She’s also confirmed 11 tracks which means we’ve heard half the album in snippets and when the album releases it might already feel old and we’ll be wanting music FASTER than before. I don’t see a stable release coming either, but let’s hope.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

You have to remember that Lana is THE one in control in the studio, so another person is not just going to tell her what to do. Obviously there is no place for this guy's style to dominate Lana's vision.

Oh yeah definitely, but I am saying if Lana just wanted to do a piano-driven album, why would she hire a producer who has recently produced three albums which have a very rich production? Also, Lana said "Jack is demanding in the studio" and Jack does seem to have a style which is quite unusual and from what I have heard, makes it's way onto artists' albums. Ultimately it is Lana's album and she has the most control, but Jack strikes me as someone who will want to input his own ideas as well!

Her last solid album release was probably Ultraviolence.

Ultraviolence was announced December and came out in June with first single in April which was solid, yes. But the music videos were a bit hasty. Considering she teased the Ultraviolence video which never came to be leading to a bad iPhone video releasing in December (iirc). Also the censorship of half of the West Coast music video, though that wasn’t really her fault.

Honeymoon was initially considered as an idea being titled Music to Watch Boys To in June 2014 and announced in January as Honeymoon with the first snippet happening 5 months later and full lyrics randomly appearing in the tour lyric book and then the song being posted to youtube randomly one day in July. Even before then, the first single (MTWBT) was being teased by its actors saying it was coming soon and then for sure coming in June yet we didn’t get it until September 30th when the single was released in the beginning of September. Then we get a Freak premiere that was entirely rehashed footage she never got to release. But I do think in terms of music release, it was solid. Had an amazing Urban Outfitters listening and was just fun overall.

Then it begins to get messy in early 2017 with Love leaking a month earlier than when she even wanted to release it, her title track leaks too leading to a loss of direction i’m sure and LFL just becomes a mess of a release. Then she begins posting snippets which I get is a thing to hold us over but it really just gets people thirsty for certain tracks and mad when the next single isn’t it. Thats all I’m saying abt LFL

Norman is just entirely messy. No confirmation of anything, we’re all just guessing about EVERYTHING and rumors are flying everywhere yet we get none of her official team addressing these rumors. She’s posted SO many snippets which just lead to an absolute hype of particular tracks which will probably end with the tracks not being as good as we thought. She’s also confirmed 11 tracks which means we’ve heard half the album in snippets and when the album releases it might already feel old and we’ll be wanting music FASTER than before. I don’t see a stable release coming either, but let’s hope.

RIGHT? It just seems so unprofessional these days. 

I'm really not here for piano tracks tbh. It's okay if the piano is being used sparingly in maybe 1-3 tracks, but thus far it seems that the guitars are a distant memory now and the piano has taken over pretty much most songs we've heard. I feel like NFR needs more 'va va voom' if you know what I mean. Nothing fancy, but just something more fuller sounding.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

ok, HIAB sounds like TRASH. Just like I thought

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I really thought the album was going in a different direction than this.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.