Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

am i the only one who's hearing bad audio, it sounds like it was recorded on garage band like her voice is muffled in the snippet

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

Her last solid album release was probably Ultraviolence.

I began listening to her music after Ultraviolence, so that's why I don't know about the promotion of this album. But Honeymoon was solid, it had a frame in which we knew what when and where.

I think she wants to be that kind of an artist that is sharing everything on insta, to be remembered with this kind of approach - yes, it's different but on the other hand it does not fit with her traditional way of promoting new singles on the radio.

I'm not saying she does bad things with album promotion, I'm saying she does weird things. I mean - if she decides to give us something weird like an unreleased compilation with "songs she did for fun" - then she can promote it as weird as she wants.

But when she gives us something traditional,  with traditional radio premieres - then please, stick to it and don't mess us with weird snippet sharing, then scrapping.

Lfl is painful period. Maybe it's really for the best not to comment it. But it's annoying how she does the same with NFR. It is maybe going to be an amazing album, but poorly promoted. If she had released VB now, and release the whole album the last week of february, with 2 promotional singles in between, would've been great.

HIAB SPUNDS SO GOOOOOOOD IM DYING LOL

wait so does this mean HIAB is the same song as NFR??? Is that the title track???? I’m so confused....

am i the only one who's hearing bad audio, it sounds like it was recorded on garage band like her voice is muffled in the snippet

That’s because she’s recording it on her phone being played on a different phone’s speakers

Side note: She talks about the avenue where John met her down on in HTD in HIAB so it’s getting even MORE COHESIVE

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

HIAB SPUNDS SO GOOOOOOOD IM DYING LOL

wait so does this mean HIAB is the same song as NFR??? Is that the title track???? I’m so confused....

Some people are saying no but actually, yes.

jk we don't know but it doesn't matter

Thinking about the possibility of the record being nothing but mostly tracks with her and a piano and no proper melody, LFL sure does seem like a blessing of some sort.  :creep: I can tell you this much, if it is

1342043872955_9862622.png

Sorry Lana.  :crossed:

I mean, if she put effort on her tracks, we can get an amazing album, even if it's just her and a piano. I mean, seriously, it's cute to hear this lullaby-like songs, but she can use some complex progressions using the piano, like fiona apple does (I mean, listen to Regret, Valentine or any other song by her tbh lol)

Thinking about the possibility of the record being nothing but mostly tracks with her and a piano and no proper melody, LFL sure does seem like a blessing of some sort.  :creep: I can tell you this much, if it is

1342043872955_9862622.png

Sorry Lana.  :crossed:

Totally agreed. Should have went in the direction of MAC and VB

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

HIAB is the most watched snippet of every song on her instagram. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the lead single.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Okay is she gonna release or something? this came out of nowhere and I'm nervous omg, what's going on? surprise release? single? announcement? 

:deadbanana:

Edit: Just saved it before she deletes it or whatever

When I first heard the HIAB snippets (the first and second one), I liked it a lot because I thought it would lead into something more bigger (as in production wise), but this new snippet we got has actually turned me off a bit because it just sounds like piano all the way through...so my excitement has dwindled down, which is a shame because I had high hopes for the song. Obviously I have yet to hear it in full so I'm trying not to be too harsh.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I kind of imagine HIAB to go crazy somewhere in the song, where the beginning of the chorus (“happiness is a butterfly...” starts to echo, the layers of her voice blend into each other but not in rhythm you know (kinda like Gaga’s “half psychotic, sick, hypnotic...” in Just Dance, but softer) and then we get some weird guitar picks a la Bowie’s Space Oddity (you know, when the spaceship gets lost) and everything just gets surrealistic and experimental and chaotic, but in a good way, and...!

And I know it’ll never happen. It’ll probably just be another piano ballad, lol. :whatever2:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Jack Antonoff is not exactly known for psychedelic guitar-driven music. I dont know why you expected the album to sound like that. Its described as introspective sad girl album. The album will be filled with these piano-driven ballads.

Jack Antonoff is not exactly known for psychedelic guitar-driven music. I dont know why you expected the album to sound like that. Its described as introspective sad girl album. The album will be filled with these piano-driven ballads.

And therefore will flop. These songs are okay but don't have a very well structured melody. In the end they all kind of end up sounding the same.

Because Venice Bitch fooled us all and put us in a spell we can’t get out of.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Because Lana literally said in the radio interview that it would be a similar vibe to RHCP?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

we expected it to sound psychedelic and guitar driven because thats how lana described the album in the interviews in september

its like y'all forget there were 2 interviews in september where in one of them she revealed the album title and the sound of the album