Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

1000 of those plays are from me for having it on repeat for an eternity oops

1000 more are mine and I'm not even sorry for replaying her best song all day

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Genius says NFR is coming in the first quarter of 2019. Probably March 29th as everyone says I guess

https://twitter.com/Genius/status/1083941649158422528

Sure hope the mid-year thing is false. I guess when the lead single lands, this is where things will begin to be clearer.

After Honeymoon her effort in imagery completely diminished, I wonder what happened

I genuinely don't understand how people can say this...

Like Honeymoon was serving visuals, the album shoot is probably her best and the music videos were really dreamy and muted - perfect for the music and following on from Ultraviolence

Then Lust For Life began with amazing imagery; the space aesthetic, which was a return to the cinematic following Honeymoon. In this era we got the Love music video which felt like a return to Born To Die visuals, the album trailer (space witch), the promo shoots with Neil and then even the Lust For Life and White Mustang music videos had a very clear aesthetic that fitted with the theme. Then going into the LA To The Moon tour. I agree that the album cover was lacklustre compared to previous ones.

I feel like she really can't catch a break, people said Honeymoon was boring and that the album cover was awful. So she tried to return to the cinematic with the music videos and pretty much served us an updated version of the Born To Die album cover with Lust For Life (complete with original logo and everything). Then that wasn't good enough and everybody was saying Ultraviolence was her best look, so she goes back to the t-shirt and denim, except she wears less makeup and now she's not trying and suddenly not glamorous enough.

I have loved the imagery served for this record so far, and we only have 3 single covers. The first two, for me, are dripping in hazy summer melancholy and wouldn't look out of place in the Ultraviolence album booklet. The visuals we got for the first two songs were a return to the homemade and archived footage aesthetic that she was famous for, this time focusing less on Hollywood - they look really nice, they are simple but it works.

I have loved the imagery served for this record so far, and we only have 3 single covers. The first two, for me, are dripping in hazy summer melancholy and wouldn't look out of place in the Ultraviolence album booklet. The visuals we got for the first two songs were a return to the homemade and archived footage aesthetic that she was famous for, this time focusing less on Hollywood - they look really nice, they are simple but it works.

This! 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I don't mind the minimalistic part of the visuals, but I just don't think Chuck is capable of serving the quality needed. I feel like Neil Krug could have done exactly what Chuck has done, but it would have a different quality to it that would make it more valuable. Anyone agrees?

I don't mind the minimalistic part of the visuals, but I just don't think Chuck is capable of serving the quality needed. I feel like Neil Krug could have done exactly what Chuck has done, but it would have a different quality to it that would make it more valuable. Anyone agrees?

Yes omg. He would make it interesting and pretty, Chuck's work is so bland. 

But just imagine being Lana, she enjoys spending time and collaborating with her sister (as we can see through her whole career, even pre-Born To Die). She's a successful artist and is at that stage in her career where she likely has more input then previously and therefore wants to support her sister's career and likely really enjoys and has fun doing the photoshoots with Chuck.

For her fans to say Chuck is talentless, we don't want her, keep her away from Lana etc. They're sisters, supporting one another. And people would rather Lana be forced or pushed to work with a more professional or well-known photographer like Nicole (who she might not agree with artistically or work well with - this isn't confirmed) just because we don't like one album cover.

Chuck has always come through with the single covers and I love the Honeymoon cover she shot (I personally think it's better than the UO alternate shot by Neil).

absolutely

Didn't Lana like a tweet confirming the march 29th date?

True. But Lana liking a tweet could confirm or simply mean she liked the “attention” of the tweet. Remember when someone had brought up the rumoured “Wild Side” song pre-LFL era and she liked it? We all thought it was confirmed and needless to say more.

Didn't Lana like a tweet confirming the march 29th date?

she just liked a tweet that linked to an article about her saying she’ll release a song in a week (hiadtfawlmth-bihi), in the article they mention that the album’s expected to be released on march 29th.

qfrWuBl.png

what if lana has been secretly shooting photoshoots and highly produced music videos and then just unleashes it all w/ the album and blows our minds? is it possible?  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:

what if lana has been secretly shooting photoshoots and highly produced music videos and then just unleashes it all w/ the album and blows our minds? is it possible? :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

She's definitely been filming music videos, but idk about photoshoots; neither will be "high quality," though.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Remember those pictures of Lana and Jack wearing matching suits?

I'd really like that image to make the booklet, maybe in the credits? I really think that the visuals will make sense once we hear more of the album, I like the stripped back approach.