Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Didn’t she give us LFL track list like one week before it came out

I remember it leaking earlier than that though. We didn't even believe the tracklist was real at first because we though Summer Bummer sounded fake and it didn't have Yosemite  :toofunny:

DARK. GREEN. VINYL. a very dark blue would be acceptable as well but preferably DARK. GREEN. VINYL.

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Let’s see, we have a light blue for (German) BTD, blue and lavender for UV, delicious red for HM (and Love/LFL heart vinyl) and sheer green for LFL... Yeah, I think a darker green would fit, or perhaps a vinyl with “paint splatter” on it. I can’t imagine it to be pink though, sorry. Burnt orange would look cool but I don’t get that feeling of such a warm color for this album.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Us intelligent people always believed the LFL tracklist when it was first leaked. I remember everyone kept trying to deny it and then ... yeah.

I posted it on Reddit when the songs were registered and they BASHED me so hard. They kept saying it was fake and the songs were only registered and it didn’t mean they were on the album skskskkg

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Let’s see, we have a light blue for (German) BTD, blue and lavender for UV, delicious red for HM (and Love/LFL heart vinyl) and sheer green for LFL... Yeah, I think a darker green would fit, or perhaps a vinyl with “paint splatter” on it. I can’t imagine it to be pink though, sorry. Burnt orange would look cool but I don’t get that feeling of such a warm color for this album.

Agreed. I would LOVE for her to do a pink vinyl, but imo it wouldn’t fit this record. Maybe if LDR7 is more pop oriented…

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I have a feeling the color of NFR will be a red. Think Norman Rockwell's paintings and the color usually associated with his work. He always had that Americana. Most of the time, his paintings had a bunch of beige colors with pops of red, which is why the red rings on her white t-shirt in the video footage has been so darn fitting. 

A picture disc like the UV vinyl that came in the boxset could be cool

10320482_743950878980698_129948888540510

I hope the whole boxset for this album is more like this instead of the HM/LfL ones 

I have a feeling the color of NFR will be a red. Think Norman Rockwell's paintings and the color usually associated with his work. He always had that Americana. Most of the time, his paintings had a bunch of beige colors with pops of red, which is why the red rings on her white t-shirt in the video footage has been so darn fitting. 

why not a transluscent beige vinyl with red splatter

negAbhB.png

Us intelligent people always believed the LFL tracklist when it was first leaked. I remember everyone kept trying to deny it and then ... yeah.

I posted it on Reddit when the songs were registered and they BASHED me so hard. They kept saying it was fake and the songs were only registered and it didn’t mean they were on the album skskskkg

I'm proud to say I was one of those people who believed it was real from the start. Ugh my mind.

--

Also I hope we get an album teaser like we did with LFL, that was a good experience. I'm also betting Lana releases cover/tracklist on Valentine's day.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

why not a transluscent beige vinyl with red splatter

I don't see Lana as someone who would like a splatter design tbh. I know this is gonna be a neo-psychodella record, but so was UV and she didn't approach that in the design. It's kinda cliche at this point to associate it with the style nowadays. 

Do you think the opening track will reference the ending of Get Free with the "out of the black, into the blue" lyrics?

I'll put it this way... think of the allusions and symbolism of the sea used in MAC and parallel that coming after those waves sounds at the end of Get Free.  :smokes2:

I'll put it this way... think of the allusions and symbolism of the sea used in MAC and parallel that coming after those waves sounds at the end of Get Free.  :smokes2:

you know, I was thinking MAC feels like an album opener, aside from what you just mentioned

negAbhB.png