Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This era is just so quiet because I remember during the LFL era, we got billboards everywhere of the album cover (especially in California), Lana was performing Cherry live, she did those radio interviews, magazine interviews and shoots etc.

We literally only have two months until the release of NFR and it's just so...dull. Even if she does do some promo during February, I don't think it'll gain much attention to the album.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

This era is just so quiet because I remember during the LFL era, we got billboards everywhere of the album cover (especially in California), Lana was performing Cherry live, she did those radio interviews, magazine interviews and shoots etc.

We literally only have two months until the release of NFR and it's just so...dull. Even if she does do some promo during February, I don't think it'll gain much attention to the album.

is there an actual set release date?

negAbhB.png

is there an actual set release date?

Many sources (including Billboard and MTV) have stated that March 29th is the release date. Surely Lana and her managers know of this, otherwise they would clarify themselves that it's not the real release date

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I’m not so sure of that: everyone is craving for NFR. Us, critics, fans outside the stans circle.

Wasn't BTD released in January 2012? (I might be wrong though, can't exactly remember the date.)

True. And it went to number 2. The album’s supremacy happened over time, slowly taking off. The January release must have been « logical » in order to beat the iron while it was hot: she had released video games in the summer and a couple of other songs... People were curious about her and interscope needed to have an album out, even if January releases aren’t always the best.

Could it be possible that all the snippets she teased might be her way of giving us the tracklist bit by bit, beating the retail sites who always end up leaking it and snippets a couple of days before she did it officially? UV’s tracklist got leaked by Amazon, LFL’s by another retail site, and a sampler of all the songs also... and these are the examples I can think of.

Then honestly, that would be the worst way to reveal the tracklist.

Honestly, she just needs to make a status on Twitter announcing the tracklist & the release date, something like "Hey guys, my new record Norman Fucking Rockwell will be released in March 26th, here's the tracklist and the cover art xox"

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

love how we all hoped the gucci campaign would mean more news and things happening but it was just lana's couple of post on insta for the month !

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

the way she revealed honeymoon was so cute and bright

my pussy is so drained and DRY from this "era" like the only exciting thing to happen recently of note is lana giving a homeless guy some fucking pepsi. Now y'all don't come for me I ain't asking for pop girl BTD level promotion and hype but the fact that she's the face of a GUCCI perfume and hasn't even had an INTERVIEW?? no magazine spreads? no NOTHING? her co-star had more publicity then her..I can't. How much y'all wanna bet she drops the tracklist in a instagram comment on some random fanpage? because I would not even raise my brow. Where is your drive lana? what is ur team doing? I'm just perplexed  :oprah2:  

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I’m 99% sure by the end of this month, we’ll know more. End of March is further away than beginning of March. There’s plenty of time to put it on stream sites and iTunes for preorder. Some artists don’t even announce anything until the week of “Hey guys my album is out Friday xo”

Inb4 NFR is the lead single and this “March 29” date is for that track........

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

my pussy is so drained and DRY from this "era" like the only exciting thing to happen recently of note is lana giving a homeless guy some fucking pepsi. Now y'all don't come for me I ain't asking for pop girl BTD level promotion and hype but the fact that she's the face of a GUCCI perfume and hasn't even had an INTERVIEW?? no magazine spreads? no NOTHING? her co-star had more publicity then her..I can't. How much y'all wanna bet she drops the tracklist in a instagram comment on some random fanpage? because I would not even raise my brow. Where is your drive lana? what is ur team doing? I'm just perplexed  :oprah2:  

This is Lana after releasing Born To Die

This era is boring as hell and that's the tea. And it will end as soon as it starts, she will release the album, do close to zero promotion, do a few shows and that's it.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

This era is boring as hell and that's the tea. And it will end as soon as it starts, she will release the album, do close to zero promotion, do a few shows and that's it.

I’m quite okay with this if that means she’ll begin work on the next and release another next year with a short time span between the two. Like how UV and HM happened. I love both of those records and she began working on HM at least the week UV was released, which came out a little over a year later. I remember her saying she wants to release them about 14-16mo apart. Those records were the highlight of her career thus far tbh

I’m not saying I want rushed projects but I have a weird feeling shes not doing too much for this one because it’s another UV situation. She’ll end up releasing it and then skipping to the next if she isn’t already writing for another one now. Remember when she said it’s some sad girl shit. If she’s referring to the song, maybe it’s so meaningful to her that it’s hard to just put out there like UV kind of was. If she’s just meaning it’s a sad record overall, well then maybe it’s just simply sad and I’m over-expecting...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I really think this might be her last era for a while, i mean we can clearly see she doesn't give a fuck anymore and shes been going nonstop for so long, shes slowly losing interest 

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

I really think this might be her last era for a while, i mean we can clearly see she doesn't give a fuck anymore and shes been going nonstop for so long, shes slowly losing interest

Not necessarily true. It’s not that she doesn’t give a fuck anymore about her music. Being quiet =/= quitting music. Please stop

She’s been writing and making music for 15+ years now (2005’s Sirens being the earliest I know of being recorded) and she’s said herself, if you want to make it, you have to keep going. She’s made it but I don’t think she’ll just stop. It wouldn’t make any sense. People have been saying this since UV when she said she almost quit making the album after parts leaked.

When will this FUD end

giphy.gif