Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

After finding out how VB was actually like, I don't know what to think about HIAB anymore... 

The 30 second snippet of VB that Lana posted on instagram was really misleading...we basically thought it'll be just a cute acoustic ballad and look at it now. So what if HIAB is actually another masterpiece that explodes into experimental stuff later on? I'm intrigued as fuck with this album, and I believe it has big chances of being her best one to date 

I wouldn't surprised if HIaB went more guitar-driven after the first chorus, like the other two.

ABOUT HIaB...

I have posted that one earlier on, but I will do it again. The «babies on the tourlyfe» could very much be a reference to LiL Uzi Vert. (source: https://pitchfork.com/news/lana-del-rey-previews-new-song-happiness-is-a-butterfly-listen/ ) Like she is always referencing to other songs or books in her songs. So many of you are so harsh towards that song because of one line heard on a 25-second snippet. Give it a chance... Nobody was expecting VB to be THAT song. Maybe HIaB will have an incredible production, especilally of Jack is involved on that one too. 

do you guys think she will reuse anything previously written on this album (even just a couple reworked songs/ lyrics) or is she just going to deliver a full album of brand new songs?

it would be nice to hear some of the stuff she cut from LFL (Yosemite??? LOL) reworked for this album but I guess some people are counting that as MAC. I think she just has so many songs written she just moves on from the older ones when makking a new album but idk.

Either way I'm excited, snatched, ect. SLAY US QUEEN!

do you guys think she will reuse anything previously written on this album (even just a couple reworked songs/ lyrics) or is she just going to deliver a full album of brand new songs?

it would be nice to hear some of the stuff she cut from LFL (Yosemite??? LOL) reworked for this album but I guess some people are counting that as MAC. I think she just has so many songs written she just moves on from the older ones when makking a new album but idk.

Either way I'm excited, snatched, ect. SLAY US QUEEN!

With the two songs out we heard, it’s more and more unlikely I think. Maybe a reworked Yosemite has a chance, as long as she feels the scraped songs are « lighter in tone », since this is how she feels working with Jack.

She is working and writing non stop and let’s not forget that she loses interest fast when it comes to her old stuff.

THE FUCK? When Venice Bitch came out, I was the biggest hater out there. I made sure to tell everyone my opinion about it, but now I listened to it for the second time and IT'S GOOD???????? I really enjoyed listening to it. It's haunting, and makes me feel like when I'm listening to Cruel World or the ending of Get Free. I still think it's TOO FUCKING LONG, but it's a good song, not as bad as I previously thought. Sorry for being a hypocritical mf!

The same thing happened to me. I had to apologize to my boyfriend because I had a bit of a meltdown over it. Now I love it. I'm such a bitch sometimes  :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I dont like the long ass instrumental part with adlibs that kinda throws off the song for me tbh other than that i love it

venice bitches post chorus reminds me of when lorde sings “i am my mother’s child” in writer in the dark

ME TOO I DIDNT WANNA SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IF THO BECAUSE LORDE

What if the entire album is a complete suite/opera where everything is interdependent on everything (much like Richard Harris's MAC Park album was intended to be.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

what if Happiness Is A Butterfly ends up being this six-minute-long beautiful track with tempo changes and interesting production, and the snippet we heard was just the intro?

ok, it probably won't be, and it'll end up being the Rick Nowel-ish — 4 chords — plain ballad we've already heard in the instagram video, lol.

well, if it makes the cut.

i have thoughts

i have thoughts

Spill

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

All this surf rock had made me forgot about the butt-slap inducing Hey You, and relistening to it, going from peak pop Lana to NFR Lana is an experience. Talk about music evolution, one of the things I love the most about Lana as an artist is her ability to juggle between styles that easily

ZKcaooE.png