#21 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts
  • Time Online: 65d 13h 57s

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:17 PM

Please have pics so i have a reason to buy this pointless shit.
  • ultralife, Cherry on Top, hornymoon and 1 other like this

#22 OFFLINE   Lucas B.

Lucas B.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationMy bedroom, Sao Paulo - Brazil
  • Fan Since:Born To Die: The Paradise Edition
  • Time Online: 8d 10h 57m 53s

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:46 AM

I wish my english was better so I could understand poetry, it's already hard enoguh for me to read an entire common literature book in english

original.gif

#23 OFFLINE   fl0ridakil0s

fl0ridakil0s

Coney Island Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 44d 10h 28m 29s

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

I always said that Lana releasing a book is my ultimate fan wish, I'm so happy! Her mind is always so powerful, I'm so excited to read what she wants to share with us.

I don't get how someone that claims to be a stan can call this a "pointless shit". I mean, music IS poetry, wtf?

• C0neyIslandKing, Lirazel, delreyfreak and 9 others like this

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

#24 OFFLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Daytona Mess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO
  • Fan Since:December 2014
  • Time Online: 367d 21h 18m 9s

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:59 PM

I would of course be super happy with anything but I think I would be happier if it was prose poems rather rhyming ones. Which I think it is? She said if I didn't misunderstood "short stories that sometimes end in a rhyme" or something. I write a bunch of poetry, sorry for self-promo, nothing spectacular, but I know the process, and I think it would be sooooo much easier for detractors to bash her head in if it was rhyming poems, it could SO easily sound artsy fartsy or conceited. 

I would love this kind of poem structure, kind of like a song, but also not really, with lots of plays on sonorities but not necessarily rhyming. This one is by Patti Smith, already mentioned how Venice Bitch reminds me a lot of Woolgathering in the NFR thread but 

Spoiler

Or this one by Bianca Casady from CocoRosie, my fav poet of all time to the point I got her name tattooed on my thigh, I would love this kind of thing but with Lana themes

Spoiler

Or this one by me. You get the point poems in prose but with rhythm. But most importantly I want the book to be well designed not just three word pages stappled together and wrote in comic sans 

Spoiler

Although honestly her poems are probably gonna look like this 

ed85aed1b3432476a2869b49bca3eb45.jpg

• PinUpCartoonBaby, GodBlessMe, Johnny Sunshine and 4 others like this

Pxkxlst.png

#25 OFFLINE   fl0ridakil0s

fl0ridakil0s

Coney Island Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Time Online: 44d 10h 28m 29s

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

I don't think so. She is a great writer and knows how to use the words. I'm sure it will be something really special and deep.

• Autumn Circus and The Blackest Day like this

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

#26 OFFLINE   How To Disappear

How To Disappear

everything, whatever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationDown on the West Coast...
  • Fan Since:July 2014
  • Time Online: 25d 3h 53m 8s

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

i cant wait to see those dreams that were once dashed into a million stars become real for her (-: so proud

i've always loved poetry, especially writing it, and i can't wait to add this to my lana AND poetry collection. i imagine the book will be in beautiful hues of lavender and purples

giphy.gif

#27 OFFLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Daytona Mess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

I don't think so. She is a great writer and knows how to use the words. I'm sure it will be something really special and deep.

Well...... Sorry.... I thought my joke was obvious, I'm a hardcore fan of Lana's writing otherwise I would not be here and I obviously will be there the second it gets released with 79094948948 posts with variations of "yas queen slay me"

• delreyfreak and heroinmelodies like this

Pxkxlst.png

#28 OFFLINE   terencelovesyou

terencelovesyou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTamworth, Australia
  • Time Online: 9h 40m 35s

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

She didn't say it was going to be rhyming poetry - in fact she said the opposite: drscribing it as "free verse."

#29 OFFLINE   GodBlessMe

GodBlessMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel
  • Time Online: 102d 6h 40m 38s

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

I would of course be super happy with anything but I think I would be happier if it was prose poems rather rhyming ones. Which I think it is? She said if I didn't misunderstood "short stories that sometimes end in a rhyme" or something. I write a bunch of poetry, sorry for self-promo, nothing spectacular, but I know the process, and I think it would be sooooo much easier for detractors to bash her head in if it was rhyming poems, it could SO easily sound artsy fartsy or conceited. 

I would love this kind of poem structure, kind of like a song, but also not really, with lots of plays on sonorities but not necessarily rhyming. This one is by Patti Smith, already mentioned how Venice Bitch reminds me a lot of Woolgathering in the NFR thread but 

Spoiler

Or this one by Bianca Casady from CocoRosie, my fav poet of all time to the point I got her name tattooed on my thigh, I would love this kind of thing but with Lana themes

Spoiler

Or this one by me. You get the point poems in prose but with rhythm. But most importantly I want the book to be well designed not just three word pages stappled together and wrote in comic sans 

Spoiler

Are you a fan of Patti Smith too?  :defeated: she's probably my favorite person on earth.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

#30 OFFLINE   LonelyLolitaMotel

LonelyLolitaMotel

QUEEN OF SAIGON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Location*LAYING IN VERSAILLES*
  • Fan Since:SUMMER 2011 <3
  • Time Online: 30d 17h 57m 39s

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

ok so is "Violet" Marinas nickname?

bitch, lmaooo

• 99centlips and 13th bitch like this

e1s11.gif

#31 OFFLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Daytona Mess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

Are you a fan of Patti Smith too?  :defeated: she's probably my favorite person on earth.

I can't say I'm a fan, I don't listen to her music, but everything I read from her I absolutely loved

Pxkxlst.png

#32 OFFLINE   HoneyViolence

HoneyViolence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 20h 20m 9s

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

I’m so excited for this! Def gonna buy it, since I’m a sucker for poetry

Would anybody care to check out my poems?
  • annedauphine and Gangsta Queen like this

#33 OFFLINE   HoneyViolence

HoneyViolence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 20h 20m 9s

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Omg! You’re an amazing writer!
  • annedauphine likes this

#34 OFFLINE   GodBlessMe

GodBlessMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel
  • Time Online: 102d 6h 40m 38s

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

I can't say I'm a fan, I don't listen to her music, but everything I read from her I absolutely loved

Yes her writing is amazing! And you should really try listening to her music, I think you'll like it - especially since you (if i'm not mistaken) like Ultraviolence so much !

I AM MY ONLY GOD

#35 OFFLINE   Xtraordinary Machine

Xtraordinary Machine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSerbia (Србија)
  • Time Online: 20d 17h 6m 21s

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

Really nice article about our favorite

:)

https://www.bookstr....ase-poetry-book

I follow this page on FB

and they have nice things sharing

recommend

• UltraHeroin likes this

#36 OFFLINE   cognaclilac

cognaclilac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Fan Since:i discovered depression
  • Time Online: 3d 5h 21m 20s

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

def reminds me of jim morrison publishing his own poetry

buttt the downside to that (and i know lana is a fan of the doors or at least jim) is that jim published it personally and then gave copies to his friends only so virtually no one fan-wise has his poetry unless given it by someone who knew him or luckily found a copy at an old bookstore

not sure if the publicly published books have any of the same poems

but hopefully lana doesnt pull this scheme

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

#37 OFFLINE   evalionisameme

evalionisameme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Time Online: 26d 11h 58m 43s

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:10 AM

her writing quality has really decreased over the years, she believes that putting a swear word within a song makes it dramatic and engages the listener like it should be used correctly not just to seem out of place like in Venice bitch,heroin and cherry although I'm sure the poems will be good I'm not expecting anything outstanding maybe during born to die or uv but now nope.
  • Cherry on Top and nabokov like this

#38 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 20d 15h 23m 12s

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

def reminds me of jim morrison publishing his own poetry

buttt the downside to that (and i know lana is a fan of the doors or at least jim) is that jim published it personally and then gave copies to his friends only so virtually no one fan-wise has his poetry unless given it by someone who knew him or luckily found a copy at an old bookstore

not sure if the publicly published books have any of the same poems

but hopefully lana doesnt pull this scheme

It's more like Leonard Cohen's poetry books, which were always readily available to fans and friends (and fans are friends so to say)

but it is now much easier access for fans to know about something like this. And it now keeps it in house, though some could be delegated to book stores if she chose.

Chances are it would be perfect in bundles/in tandem with the new album (even if copies are sold early on, much like digital downloads in bundles,

but when the fan actually will take possession of the book is the question.

also, one would assume it could be sold worldwide at the same time, as it is not owned by anyone but her, so there would be no restrictions.

Question will be- what is the anticipated run, and if it is made to order, then there will be a delay in shipping.

She is not going to have many thousands printed in advance.

a funny thought flashed through my mind- for those that watch Better Call Saul -

imagine if she kept copies in her car and distributed them like Jimmy/Saul distributed his trackfree  phones.

:lmao: 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#39 OFFLINE   Ray

Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Fan Since:the beginning, hunty!
  • Time Online: 5d 2h 18m 20s

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:26 PM

What a long ass title for a poetry book.

it's my prerogative.

#40 OFFLINE   LonelyLolitaMotel

LonelyLolitaMotel

QUEEN OF SAIGON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Location*LAYING IN VERSAILLES*
  • Fan Since:SUMMER 2011 <3
  • Time Online: 30d 17h 57m 39s

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

It's more like Leonard Cohen's poetry books, which were always readily available to fans and friends (and fans are friends so to say)

but it is now much easier access for fans to know about something like this. And it now keeps it in house, though some could be delegated to book stores if she chose.

Chances are it would be perfect in bundles/in tandem with the new album (even if copies are sold early on, much like digital downloads in bundles,

but when the fan actually will take possession of the book is the question.

also, one would assume it could be sold worldwide at the same time, as it is not owned by anyone but her, so there would be no restrictions.

Question will be- what is the anticipated run, and if it is made to order, then there will be a delay in shipping.

She is not going to have many thousands printed in advance.

a funny thought flashed through my mind- for those that watch Better Call Saul -

imagine if she kept copies in her car and distributed them like Jimmy/Saul distributed his trackfree  phones.

:lmao:

book of longing is my favorite poetry book ever, i hope its just as beautiful but not sure if she could even top it 

also interview didnt she just say she would drop off copies at local bookstores...... 

actually as bad as i want this, im not gunna get my hopes up. she says shes gunna do a lotta little things often and doesn't imo

• nabokov likes this

e1s11.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users