cognaclilac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Fan Since:i got scared of the btd video but kept watching it
  • Time Online: 1d 3h 15m 32s

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

It's more like Leonard Cohen's poetry books, which were always readily available to fans and friends (and fans are friends so to say)

but it is now much easier access for fans to know about something like this. And it now keeps it in house, though some could be delegated to book stores if she chose.

Chances are it would be perfect in bundles/in tandem with the new album (even if copies are sold early on, much like digital downloads in bundles,

but when the fan actually will take possession of the book is the question.

also, one would assume it could be sold worldwide at the same time, as it is not owned by anyone but her, so there would be no restrictions.

Question will be- what is the anticipated run, and if it is made to order, then there will be a delay in shipping.

She is not going to have many thousands printed in advance.

a funny thought flashed through my mind- for those that watch Better Call Saul -

imagine if she kept copies in her car and distributed them like Jimmy/Saul distributed his trackfree  phones.

:lmao:

fair thought but we also don't know for sure if she's intending on it being for fans, do we? not even positive it's being published at all either.

she could definitely just do it as a passion project and, like someone else mentioned, drop a few off in local bookstores in various locations (or even one location)

i feel like she's not going to turn into a publishing how for a book of 13 poems, it seems more something personal for her to do if she wants to, after all she did include it in the same vein that she mentioned she's taking flying lessons and she's not going to be selling tickets to 'a flight with lana del rey by lana del rey' anytime soon so who knows what's actually going to happen.

i kind of hope she's not doing it to solely market off of it though? like don't do that lana.

tandem is an interesting thought, maybe the poems will be the NFR booklet enclosed? like instead of the typical album info booklet, it'll be 'violet' and maybe they'll be special orders or maybe she's pull a willy wonka and make it random, THEN we'd have a major record merchandise success, you feel? and it would definitely come up online eventually, but if she's going to do poems and poetry i want her to channel her inner beat and really put something out, maybe even under her real name?

there's so many avenues to explore here!

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

#42 OFFLINE   PinUpCartoonBaby

PinUpCartoonBaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationAUT
  • Fan Since:Video Games
  • Time Online: 85d 22h 20m 5s

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

I don't know why but somehow I feel more hyped for this than for the album :$

• jvcx, leaderofthepack and nabokov like this

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

#43 OFFLINE   terencelovesyou

terencelovesyou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTamworth, Australia
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 9h 39m 1s

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

Has everyone bought my recently released book of poems about Lana? It's called "I Fall to Pieces" and the author is Glenn Cooper. Available from lulu.com

I sent Lana a copy. I do hope she gets it.
  • DEMONDELREY likes this

#44 OFFLINE   Barry

Barry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 9d 1h 40m 5s

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:55 AM

DpOEK31VAAA9ejO.jpg

A poem by Leonard Cohen. What would people think if this was the kind of stuff Lana released lol

• slang, HollywoodHills, Enigmanotta and 2 others like this

#45 OFFLINE   terencelovesyou

terencelovesyou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTamworth, Australia
  • Time Online: 9h 39m 1s

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:28 AM

If Lana's poems are as fun as Leonard's, I'll be very happy.

• nabokov likes this

#46 OFFLINE   nabokov

nabokov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Time Online: 12h 10m 34s

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Please god let it not be some Rupi Kaur shit

• Johnny Sunshine and LanaFlowers like this