Beautiful Loser

Moments/memories of your life involving Lana's music

In May of this year I was in Florida on a vacation with my bestfriend. It was like the third day or so into the trip. And it was kinda cloudy, predictions of rain and whatnot. But my friend said the clouds were moving pretty fast so we should sit on the beach and wait it out. And we did. I built a sandcastle and let her kick it when i was done (lmao idk why she just really wanted to , so I let her). and then we both sat on the shore..she was a bit further down from me. Just little moments to ourselves. And as the the clouds continued to move along, I spotted blue in the distance. And I was tempted to play Get Free, but opted to save that for sunset. Instead, I played Beautiful People. And I swear it's like the universe controlled everything around me and made it match the song perfectly. The moment she sang about turtle doves, a crane landed a few feet from me and a flock of birds flew by in the distance. And when the pre chorus kicked in ("We get so tired") the clouds began to part just enough to let a single beam of sunlight shine on the water straight ahead. And when the chorus finally came, the clouds completely broke away and let all the sunshine come out. The rest was pure bliss. Those few moments were so perfect. Like it seems unreal but I promise it all happened.

And then...finally.. I calculated what exact time to play Get free so that she sings the last "into the blue" right when the sun escapes into the horizon. And hunnyyyyyyyyy. it was amazing. If you're ever at a beach and have a chance to catch the sunset. Play Get Free. you will NOT regret it.

Lana blessed you. C45f9YoUoAAjNR1.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I have a weird connection with Lana's albums: she sings exactly what I am going through at that time of my life. 

I first noticed Lana with Blue Jeans: i was in a bar, waiting for a guy I had been seeing on and off for almost two years. I remember hearing the words and the melody and something rang true.  And then he came in... This is when I started listening to her. It was in just after Paradise was out. So BTD - Paradise is the soundtrack to that relationship: a guy who was mysterious, a bit dangerous, unlike any other I had met before. 

UV came out and it was at the time that I had just broken up with the dude that I was in love with. and it was a messy breakup, learning about his multiple infidelities while we were going out. So imagine hearing the irony and despair of the songs of UV.., They fitted perfectly my mood.

HM was the period of my life where my mom passed away from a long illness. The calm sounds of despair of this album rang so true to me. The Blackest Day still remains one of my favorites from her. 

When 2017 kicked, after a year and a half of grief, I was ready to be «fully happy» again. Love came out, LFL was supposed to be her happy album... Pre-release dragged on and on and on... And just before it came out, I realized that something was missing, that I wasn't really happy, that happiness was fragile and the my life was about to change, though I was not feeling like it. So LFL came out... And with 13 Beaches, I realized that we were not in «Mary Sunshine mode» at all on this album. The chorus of 13 Beaches rang so true, same with her voice of WTWWAW, which gave me hope of a better tomorrow. I really got into Get Free by the end of 2017: I was ready to be get out of the black and into the blue. Change is special to me: I was feeling like something was going to happen in my life. 

Mac and VB are already songs I associate with. I am seeing someone new, someone I love very much, and the sensuality of those two songs just represent what I am living, once again. 

In the summer of 2017 i went to the beach with my friends, i blasted LFL all day and that possibly was my best summer ever

Also Cola reminds me of when i was dating my high school teacher back in 2012...

SPILLLLLL the tea

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I guess it's not a good one but I just thought about it and I always do remember it, Honeymoon was the first Lana album I knew about before it came out, before then I never thought about her releasing albums or what she was doing as I was never a fan or any artists so it never occured to me to keep up with anyone and look forward to them releasing new music. So I was waiting for Honeymoon to come out a while and I bought it on iTunes and listened to it that day at work, I can even remember what I was doing and have pictures of the job and can even remember where the house was which is unsual since I barely remember anything lol I think it was because I was so let down by the album at the time that I remember it really well since it was the first album in my life I waited on coming out and bought and then I didn't like it but have come to love it since.

pBgbELX.png

Thats what I was doing that day, we had already removed the old grass and did everything and had dug out channels in the soil to put gravel in the day before. That day we waited on the delivery of the grass, the top soil and gravel, and we put gravel in the channels, covered the area in top soil then layed the grass so was a lot of shovelling and wheelbarrowing and thats what I was doing the first time I listened to Honeymoon :deadbanana:  no wonder I disliked it and was put off it for a long time. A really chill mood album and I am listening to it while digging and shovelling and lifting and carrying plus were were kind of rushing since it was a friday and im listening to some of the slowest music possible :$

Another memory I have, or two actually, is when Summer Bummer and Groupie Love premiered. I wanted to sit and listen o the interview and the songs but then I got really hungry and had to make dinner and I was so stressed I would miss anything while I plugged my headphones from my laptop to my cellphone, listening to the radio there’s instead lol. I remember making dinner for myself while Groupie Love was blasting in my ears. Such a great moment, even though I don’t exactly remember what I made, maybe pasta lol.

Another memory is when I was staying up all night to watch the live stream from Lolla Argentina. I still remember when I saw her throw her jacket to the audience, haha. Both these memories are dear to me in a way, because I could share these moments with you all here on LanaBoards and I finally had a place to be really passionate about Lana. I would most likely never had done those things if I didn’t have this account.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Good question Clampi <3

I think the biggest memories come from the BTD/PD era.

Summertime Sadness, Born To Die, Blue Jeans and This Is What Makes Us Girls are memories of the first time I fell in love (who im still with), and at the same time became best friends with someone (thankfully not anymore but it was a long friendship)

All the Paradise songs are my roadtrip to Melbourne when i first started to notice i was depressed. Those songs were the only beauty keeping me together at that time.

Ultraviolence reminds me of my mixed episodes going between depression and hypomania, during winter 2014. Its pretty easy to see how, when UV goes from ultra depression to ultra queen.

Honeymoon album is another big one actually. I was so out of touch with reality. My depression was 'healing' but i was still trying not to feel so empty by using weed and lsd a lot, and Honeymoon helped fill some of that hole permanently.

Anyway these dont sound very happy to have memories of, but they were such defining moments of my life, ill never let them go, and the music got me through, and ill always have that

I was scrolling through the charts and seen Video games in the top 10, I honestly thought it was some generic rap song or something because it sounded like it. At the time Gotye was number 1 on the chart if I recall. I wasn’t that taken back by video games but I thought it was very different, I then listened to Born to Die (song) and I was really captivated by it! I stumbled across many of her old songs and videos, along with an interview she did ‘poolside’ at the Chateau Mormont, I remember thinking how mysterious, stylish and just very refreshing. She wasn’t some dumb pop singer she sounded genuine like she really cared about her music and art/imagery. I connected Immediately with her vulnerability, her shyness and nervousness. When the album came out BTD I think it honestly changed me as a person, it was almost like a coming of age moment. My interests completely changes and I became more mature and got really deep into all sorts of music and art etc. Lana was like a key to a door for me. Her music helped me deal with my depression like an outlet, each album has it’s own feeling and atmosphere depending on how I feel there is a song and album for it. So finding Lana and her music was an Important moment in my life and still is almost 7 years on.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

i guess the best memory 2 share would be when i discovered lana... it was september 2013 and i was on a roadtrip with my mom to omaha nebraska and i was listening to marina and the diamonds radio on pandora and off to the races came on and 12 year old me was like, what the fuck, i am captivated. i fell in love with lana right there and started listening to born to die and paradise

and then like a week after uv came out i was on the way to mcdonalds with my mom (i still lived with her) and i was so in love with old money i thought it was a masterpiece so i played it in her car on the way. she was like... idc about it but i was trying not to cry the whole time

and then i found lanaboards during honeymoon prerelease but i chose to lurk for like 2 years before making an account  :toofunny:

uh, yeah... besides sex acts with my bf while listening to venice bitch which i dont really feel like mentioning cause im breaking up with him soon, those are my prominent lana memories

tumblr_inline_p7g3g992X51rujz3w_250.gif

this isn't very romantic or tumblr-y but anyway i remember the first time i heard Radio I was zoned out in my mum's car and we had just gone back from a trip and they stopped to go shopping or something and while i was waiting in the car i laid back, looking at the window from down below (if it makes sense) and this song came in on my earplugs and i was so shook bc the chorus was so catchy...

also Brooklyn Baby will never not remind me of driving bc i was looking for some lana songs to put on my car playlist and i stumbled upon a thread on here that was "this song or this other" and i saw that a bunch of people had chosen Brooklyn baby again and again and I decided to put it in my playlist and it's not bad! i kinda dig the chorus

Summer of 2016 I was with family in Stresa,Italy on vacation, it was my first vacation in years after suffering from chronic anxiety and being a shut in (thankfully I'm all good now!) anyway we visited all the botanical islands on Lake Maggiore, we stopped on the final island Isola Madre and I went down to the rocky beach by the lake the sun was beaming down upon me and remember it being so hot and bright.I got out my portable speaker and started to play the album Honeymoon and as I just sat there with the waves crashing onto the shore as Salvatore played I was just in bliss.. it was like a real moment of clarity for me, I felt so happy to be overcoming my battle with anxiety I just felt like so many new doors were opening for me. While most of you know my love for UV I'll always have a deep connection with Honeymoon and specially the song Salvatore, when I feel down I listen to that song to remind me of that day and how at peace I felt

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I remember once when I stood at a crosswalk, waiting for green light, while I was listening to Born To Die. The light turned green and I began to cross it - apparently did some car also have green light and I didn't even think of checking before walking. It would be so ironic if the last song I heard in my life would be BTD and a car ran over me.

Luckily he saw me before I saw him and I didn't get hurt.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I remember listening to West Coast while watching the sunset on a beach in 2014, also blasting the Ultraviolence vinyl with huge ass speakers and getting drunk on a bottle of tequila on midsummer the same summer when I got our house all to myself and waited for my friends to come over.

Money Hunny, Get Drunk, WTWWAWWKD and perhaps Born to Die (sometimes just the song, but also the whole album) reminds of the time I used to watch ID a lot. I used to watch documentaries about serial killers, passion crimes, etc. I was also very into fanfiction about these stuff too. I remember of reading an one-shot based on Saw, other about two FBI agents hunting a serial killer, etc.

Honeymoon the album also remind of the time I kinda found a little bit of peace by myself, it was the same time I entered this forum back in 2016. Reminds a lot of that refreshing feeling you get from wind, you know. There were times a bird would enter my window (I'm serious), it was so beautiful and pure. I started to actually believe in God around that time, because of that bird. It made me feel very hopeful.  :xcry:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593