Sign in to follow this  
salvatore

How to Disappear

i forgot i stole the karma for this topic n spent the day wondering why the OP of this topic hasn't updated the bitch w the lyrics omg...

do y'all think this is the full track btw? to me it sounds overall complete but then again she reduced VB into 3min just fine, so we might not even be seeing the whole thing

i adore and despise retrospective lana, her acknowledging the time passing breaks my heart..this really is like the older version of Video Games, reminiscing on when she was young n in love, knowing she'd go back to it in a heartbeat

:toofunny:

I can’t get over her performance of HtD at the Apple Keynote. Seriously so beautiful and heartbreaking. One of my favorite lives for sure.

I really love the theme of her being a pillar of support that’s present in the last bit of HtD and MAC

“I’m always going to be right here.”

“Don’t look too far, right where you are

That’s where I am. I’m your man.”

I feel the same intention and earnesty that’s present in Video Games

The kid line is throwing a lot of people off and I’m right there with them.

At first i thought she could be talking about a new life she’s longing to have since she has some stability (career,financially) but now I’m not sure that makes sense

Just a minor nitpicking, but I think the song would have more emotional impact if she changed the line 'no one's going anywhere' to 'no, i am not going to disappear'

But all in all, such a beautiful gem. The performance reminds me a lot of Old Money and Chealsea Hotel No. 2 

nF70D0F.png

the "two cats in the yard" line is a reference to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's, "Our House"

"Our house is a very, very, very fine house with two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you"

26vMNDz.gif

this song and that sylvia plath tease we got have me BORED. but still hopeful with the gold that MAC and VB have brought

But VB and MAC are horrible compared to the 2 songs you mentioned, so what is the truth?

"you're in the yard, i light the fire" from Venice Bitch is also probably referencing CSNY's Our House.

"I'll light the fire, you put the flowers

In the vase that you bought today

Staring at the fire for hours and hours while I listen to you
Play your love songs all night long for me, only for me"

She's been talking about capturing a "Laurel Canyon" vibe for years... and referencing CSNY is certainly a way of doing that.

26vMNDz.gif

The kid line is throwing a lot of people off and I’m right there with them.

At first i thought she could be talking about a new life she’s longing to have since she has some stability (career,financially) but now I’m not sure that makes sense

I think it's about the life she wants, we've known she wants children and a family (even to take on tour); I think her sentiments about never leaving her NY roots & never forgetting Jim/John/White Boy #23 is something she knows she'll keep with her for a loooong time. 

It's her current thought process and it knowingly stays prevalent, even in her dreams and aspirations as she ages. 

The performance reminds me a lot of Old Money and Chealsea Hotel No. 2 

I've been sayin Sylvia & HtD (at least with the piano production) is HEAVILY reminiscent of CHN.2, the low grumbles, the voice breaking, the vulnerability & the closeness. ugh her mind

lowkey prefer the basic piano over whatever synthy beats r gonna pop in but we gonna see

I think it's about the life she wants, we've known she wants children and a family (even to take on tour); I think her sentiments about never leaving her NY roots & never forgetting Jim/John/White Boy #23 is something she knows she'll keep with her for a loooong time. 

It's her current thought process and it knowingly stays prevalent, even in her dreams and aspirations as she ages. 

Why does she say “I got a kid” tho

Why does she say “I got a kid” tho

I feel that line is just her using having a kid as another way of saying she has roots now. Her older music was all about escaping, being nomadic, young and free. The kid (representing her music/fans/career) and two cats in the yard (an established home in California) are her saying she's finally settled down, after all this time.

malena09.gif