graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 20d 15h 24m 59s

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:56 PM

this thread will enable these type of posts to not intrude on other non- political, non-USA, threads for those posters that do not wish to have politics intrude

(even though Lana herself has become quite political and is obviously now a Democratic party voter).

This is about the USA Democratic party and the 50 US states, Washington DC & Five US territories that all wlil vote in primaries & some caucus (but many less than last time). It is thought that there will be 4763 delegates with 2382 needed and the Democratic party has an allotment of delegate system NOT a winner take all

in each contested state/territory & DC. Most anyone can run (with the requirement being one has to be 35 on Jan. 21,2021 (so for instance Alexandria Ocasio Cortez cannot run in this election (but could in 2024 or 2028,etc.)

and the  same requirement for the VP pick the candidate will choose.

This thread will be edited as the time goes along in the next 2 years plus.

For now, some of the candidates I myself would definitely vote for are

California Senator Kamala Harris

Mass. Senator Elizabeth Warren

Wisc Senator Amy Klobucher

Oprah Winfrey

Caroline Kennedy (but most certainly not any male Kennedy)

Michelle Obama

Cecile Richards (known enough on her own, but to those that don't know, daughter of Ann Richards who was really smeared by the Bush family)

Eric Holder

Former Mass. Gov Deval Patrick

Stacey Abrams running for Gov. of Georgia

Former HUD sec. Julian Castro (and/or his twin brother Juaquin)

California Gov. Jerry Brown

NY Mayor Mike Bloomberg

Senator/SOS John Kerry

VP Al Gore

NJ Senator Cory Booker

NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

NJ Gov Phil Murphy

Florida's Andrew Gillum

Most likely not in 2020, but Chelsea Clinton

(and yes I would vote for Hillary should she run).

I figure for the Democratic candidate to win, they are going to need President Obama's core voters, and Hillary's voters.

And IMHO they have to be for wellness, like Michelle Obama and Elizabeth Warren both are (wellness including being against the NRA/guns.)

and that includes Mike Bloomberg who has said he would only run on the Democratic Party line, and he is after all a liberal.

More than ever IMHO it needs to be a female candidate

and one thing I won't vote for is any libertarian, tea party fraud (like any Ron /Rand Paul Deplorable). 

wiki has a list of about 85 people (including for some reason those they label as not interested, which is basically not true in most of the cases,

most won't decide for the next few weeks until the end of the year early next year. Will be interesting to see as Iowa/NH are not representative of the Demographics of the Democratic Party, thought is California and South Caroline(and the other Southern State primaries) will be a major factor this time.

(to be continued, want to post this before I mess up and it gets wiped out) and it will be continually updated much like the Born to Die billboard thread.

Note to mods- this is not nor should this be part of the trump thread, as this has nothing to do with trump.

This has to do with the Democratic Party and the issues (yes political issues) important to Democratic Party voters

trump himself may or may not be the nominee of the other party, but he has nothing at all to do with the Democratic party. So please do not move this.

And this may be a thread that takes a few months to get started. Thank you.

• trayertrash, delreyfreak, prostovert16 and 3 others like this

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#2 OFFLINE   Elle

Elle

lesbritish

• Administrators
  • 4,653 posts
  • LocationLDN —> ATL —> NYC
  • Fan Since:January 30, 2012
  • Favourite LDR Song:Yayo (AKA Version)
  • Time Online: 195d 5h 5m 23s

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:31 AM

My best friend worked on the Stacey Abrams for GA campaign and she's lovely :) x

• drewby, trayertrash and delreyfreak like this

43424683735_fa2382c16c_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL

#3 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 20d 15h 24m 59s

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

This morning, Oct 26 it was announced the 11th bomb has been found all of them going to the Democratic possible candidates in 2020,  all favorite targets that trump in his Nazi/Neo-Nazi like hate rallies have used as articles of their rhetoric.

authorities are now positing that the bombs came from Florida and whether functional or meant to scare, the aim is the same, to prop trump up,

and to send a warning "that next time..."

Senator Booker is the latest, others reportedly including my President & Michelle Obama, President Bill & Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Senator Kamala Harris,

Rep. Maxine Waters (two), Actor & activist Robert De Niro,  Holocaust survivor George Soros, among the 11 and CNN also got one, as the anti-freedom of press trump

continues.

trump now is wanting the army to be called in (what is he going to call to shoot to kill all the refugees???) and now trump and the Republicans are going after

Transgenders, and LGBT community

But Sen Harris, Booker, President & Michelle Obama, Eric Holder, etc. shall persist, and no, they will not be silenced.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#4 OFFLINE   Electric Body

Electric Body

Boss on the Boat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts
  • LocationMedusa's Path
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 159d 20h 48m 22s

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:36 AM

God I just heard that disgusting robo-call that's seemingly going around in Georgia ... Really feel the need to puke now

~ my cherries and wine ~

#5 OFFLINE   HydroponicWeeds

HydroponicWeeds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationRings of Fire, Hell
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 8d 22h 48m 9s

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:40 PM

I’m a registered Democrat but I wouldn’t vote for Hillary if my life depended on it. And the same can be said for about half the names on that list tbh. Give the Green Party some National TV air time like we do the Democrats and Republicans and let them speak about their shit too.
  • delreyfreak, TRENCH and Barry like this

giphy.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Peachycream

Peachycream

Cherry (live version only)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationJersey
  • Fan Since:August 2011
  • Time Online: 126d 11h 9m 9s

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:45 PM

Hopefully Hillary has a change of heart and decides not to run
  • Miguel3Zero, delreyfreak and TRENCH like this
913_BB560-7_AB0-413_F-_A291-_B217_F682_B

#7 OFFLINE   SparkleJumpropeNoose

SparkleJumpropeNoose

HONEYMOON HO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Fan Since:Spring 2016
  • Time Online: 32d 2h 25m 16s

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:59 PM

I’m a registered Democrat but I wouldn’t vote for Hillary if my life depended on it. And the same can be said for about half the names on that list tbh. Give the Green Party some National TV air time like we do the Democrats and Republicans and let them speak about their shit too.

Homie the l*berals on here are gonna drag u for even mentioning third parties and the fact u didn't vote for Hillary delete this before it's too late

• delreyfreak, TRENCH and HydroponicWeeds like this

heylizzy.jpgUNLOCK IT heylizzy.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   HydroponicWeeds

HydroponicWeeds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationRings of Fire, Hell
  • Time Online: 8d 22h 48m 9s

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

Homie the l*berals on here are gonna drag u for even mentioning third parties and the fact u didn't vote for Hillary delete this before it's too late

That’s okay. I’ll drag Killary also
  • Barry likes this

giphy.gif

#9 OFFLINE   TRENCH

TRENCH

NICO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 97d 8h 26m 5s

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:02 PM

That’s okay. I’ll drag Killary also

I voted libertarian in 2016 and I was dragged for being "part of electing trump"... lmao the gag.. considering Hillary won the popular vote like I expected anywas

Only person on that list I would vote for is Michelle Obama.. I honestly think we should just get rid of the president title.. the media has given it too much emphasis over the last 50 decades when every position below prez. and VP is mre important and have actual direct influence over individuals.

tenor.gif?itemid=12148909

#10 OFFLINE   Greenwich

Greenwich

Droppin' Acid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Fan Since:November 2012
  • Time Online: 59d 6h 29m 37s

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:10 AM

Oprah Winfrey? Is that a joke? Btw she already said she would never run for president.

#11 OFFLINE   Nick Del Rey

Nick Del Rey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Time Online: 71d 16h 16m 42s

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:18 AM

KAMALA HARRIS !!!!! I will work for her campaign if its the last thing I do

• Elle and graham4anything like this

#12 OFFLINE   pawn shop blues

pawn shop blues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Time Online: 62d 23h 52m 45s

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:24 AM

Please i hope Oprah and Hillary don't try to run. I like Oprah, but she has already expressed multiple times she doesn't want to do this, and celebrities running for president should not turn into a trend. President of the US is not something you can train on the job for. Hillary just does not have that ability to connect with the majority and is something that's been proven twice now. I feel like having either Hillary or Trump back in for second term would just continue the divided state the US is currently in. I don't want another 4+ years of everyone against everyone else and I don't see Hillary as being a really unifying leader. (but if it's randomly between Hillary, Trump, and Oprah, I would vote for Oprah since she probably has the most chance of getting people a little more unified and is the least polarizing candidate.) 

• TRENCH likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users