Candy Galore

Artists You Used To Listen To

I was a massive fan of Ed Sheeran since I discovered him in 2012-13. His music was so close to my heart for the longest time. I even went to see him live in concert. But his style now is so disappointing. His last album had some great songs, some I love very much, but some ATROCITIES like the DISGUSTING Shape of You. Honestly, I loved fake indie Ed Sheeran but I feel like he's turning into trash.

TASTE

i'm genuinely curious as why you don't vibe with iam anymore? is it because of blue?

noo, i like blue (even tho i prefer kin) its just that i listen to some artists so much that i get bored of them and never listen to them again FSKDFJDSKFJ

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Marina and the Diamonds. I used to be a huge fan during 2012 and then after the Electra Heart era she seemed so bitter and etitled over fame she felt she was owed but never received. Her music since just hasnt done it for me and I find her to be flat out annoying.

Nicki Minaj, another person I used to be a huge fan of but now I cant deal with. She again comes across as very entitled and hasn’t put out a great verse (or full song) in years. The ordeal of her new album going #2 and the temper tantrum that came after was the nail in the coffin for me.

28 minutes ago, avenue said:

nicki minaj

because she married a sex offender & supported multiple pedophiles :awkney:

she's extremely talented and sometimes i find myself longing for her stuff but i just can't support her

WOW came here to type this exactly. plus her weak ass "response" to remy ma's brutal diss track should have been the end, but somehow the world just sweeps it under the rug. it's fine tho cause her star has been faded, and she cannot accept it lmfao. to freeeeedom... free us from having to hear about you, nicki

also, kim petras for very similar reasons. i don't support people who make passes for sexual predators, and then do the SHITTIEST possible job in manipulating their fans into feeling bad for them because people called them out for the choices....... "cmon terf twitter" 

and MARINA actually. not for any personal moral choice, i just find every album release to be less substantial than the last? idk how Love + Fear has more replay value than this "revival" of the old sound but yeah. i miss when she had substance. i'd appreciate what she's doing now if the bar wasn't set so high with her first 3 albums.

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

the only one i can think of right now is ariana grande

i was a pretty big fan when i was like 14/15 & i loved dangerous woman, but when sweetener was released i was so disappointed because it wasn’t what i expected it to be, i still was a fan & i’ve came around to sweetener & i also liked thank you, next, but i hardly ever listen to her these days, & it just doesn’t connect with me the same as it did when i was a young teenager, i’ve grown & my music tastes in general have changed, i don’t listen to much pop, at least, not modern pop, btw, i did listen to positions, once, that album sucks

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Nicki Minaj for the above reason

Marilyn Manson for a similar reason (jan/feb 2020 sexual assault and grooming lawsuits)

Charlie Puth cos his personal FB account had republican tendencies (trump related)

Jeffree Star for racism (and the use of the word "tranny")

Twenty One Pilots cos one of the members mocked the BLM movement with a post of sneakers

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i did listen to positions, once, that album sucks

:agree:

48 minutes ago, avenue said:

nicki minaj

because she married a sex offender & supported multiple pedophiles :awkney:

she's extremely talented and sometimes i find myself longing for her stuff but i just can't support her

this but The Pinkprint is still one of my fav albums

Kim Petras, i don’t have to explain why

Eminem (i will not elaborate)

Iggy Azalea because she’s not… for me

Halsey because i became disinterested in her music after Badlands

negAbhB.png

10 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Twenty One Pilots cos one of the members mocked the BLM movement with a post of sneakers

:agree:

I knew the others were gross but I didn't know they were too.

Azealia Banks - Because she lost her got dang mind

Kanye West - Because he lost his got dang mind

giphy.gif

Nicki, for obvious reasons :awkney:

Ariana, I just wasn't that invested in Sweetener, but I still like her a lot :um2:

The 1D boys, with the exception of Niall and Harry, I just lost interest :um3: 

I used to be a huge fan of a french band (where I got my nickname from) but they split up so :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

twenty one pilots.. i was a hardcore stan throughout middle school — had a very active twitter account and everything.. its suspended thank god i do nawt want to see that.... i thought tyler joseph was the most talented and deep songwriter of all time, made plenty of friends irl and online over them, dressed as blurryface for halloween, had a dozen pieces of merch, painted my room their old signature blue color (it's still that ugly ass shade i need to repaint asap:oprah:) -- the last straw wasnt the blm tweet fiasco (this was before that) but that right when trench released i realized that almost all of their music is truly terrible😭. listened to it once and never again. on top of that their stuff apparently turned into retail music so no thanks. still got a few regional at best songs in my local files tho

also more off the top of my head:

kim petras (because dr. puke)

slayyyter (because racist)

glass animals (kinda just stopped caring)

melanie martinez (also kinda just stopped caring)

i think that's it honestly

also my music taste has gradually gotten a lot heavier and deeper and i've started to move away from poppier stuff in general (although i still do love a lot of pop music)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, avenue said:

pinkprint is SUCH a great album but i can't even listen to it anymore because i feel disgusting while doing it :bebe:

i always liked Roman Reloaded + Re Up :agree:

HOV Lane, Beautiful Sinner, Come on a Cone, The Boys, Va Va Voom, Stupid Hoe, Masqerade, I'm Legit, Whip it, Automatic, Pound the Alarm, Starships were my JAMS when i was 12 :trisha: