Say Yes to Heaven

Lana Del Rey x Jared Leto - GUCCI GUILTY

I can understand the hate with Apple (they treat their workers like shit in China) but I'm confused about Gucci. What makes them toxic? :/

Yes, fashion industry, even luxury, is a massive problem for ecology and human rights.

In France, a scandalous documentary was recently aired about the use of fur for Gucci clothes, and it's a total mess. They don't control anything, immigrates that are doing the Gucci furs are in danger in their everydays life (because of their boss, and because of the danger of the machines and the products they are using), they are poorly or not paid. Animals are treated like sh of course. And NOBODY cares.

Here's the documentary :

I love Lana, but I hate when people are using commitment as a promotional tool. She have power to act more than posting cool Instagram messages but she don't. It's ugly as hell.

But if I understand you correctly, you're talking about cheaper brands here? Gucci is more luxurious and high end than what we mortals can afford, so I doubt most of their stuff gets dumped after a few years. I could be wrong though, but if I could afford a Gucci (or any other brand) sweater or bag, I'd keep it my whole life. Some things also get a higher value with time, hehe. I've also heard of vintage stores that specialize in high end brands and either rent them out or sell them for different purposes, like film settings or magazine shoots. Not to mention private persons selling stuff on the internet as second hand or on auction houses. I'm not sure how common it is overseas, but it can be pretty common here.

I have no idea how Gucci treats their staff, but I guess the worst thing they do (and all the others as well) is using leather, fur,(feathers? crystals, gems and diamonds from people with low wages?) and dying colors/different treatment chemicals that might end up in water and affect the environment?

I'm not trying to come at you, I'm just really interested in the fashion world and did a project in high school about different chemicals that can be found in clothes, haha. (Don't buy athletic clothes with silver particles, guys!)

Luxury is as dangerous as cheap fashion, look at my previous post, in the video Gucci is exposed.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Luxury is as dangerous as cheap fashion, look at my previous post, in the video Gucci is exposed.

I don't know French well enough to understand what they're saying (I heard 2014 somewhere though haha), but by just quickly looking at this, I understand what you're saying. Did they ever comment this?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

y’all acting as if lana’s cds and vinyls aren’t made out of plastic tho?

I don't think pointing another problem to hide another is very smart. I mean you are fully right (and I personnaly stopped buying new discs and vinyls) but it doesn't minimize the oh-so-obvious hypocrysis of the pop stars committment.

We are just using words this days, and words are making Trump, Poutine and Bolsonaro presidents of their country because the ecology / human-rights opponents are always acting. Let's face it, the world and our own future, as young people, is severly darkening because we closed our eyes a little bit too much. So, yes, I can have stars in my eyes because of a wonderful Gucci campain with Lana, but in the real world, it's promoting all that was pointed previously.

I think personalities (like Lana) must be more cohesive and steady.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

But if I understand you correctly, you're talking about cheaper brands here? Gucci is more luxurious and high end than what we mortals can afford, so I doubt most of their stuff gets dumped after a few years. I could be wrong though, but if I could afford a Gucci (or any other brand) sweater or bag, I'd keep it my whole life. Some things also get a higher value with time, hehe. I've also heard of vintage stores that specialize in high end brands and either rent them out or sell them for different purposes, like film settings or magazine shoots. Not to mention private persons selling stuff on the internet as second hand or on auction houses. I'm not sure how common it is overseas, but it can be pretty common here.

I have no idea how Gucci treats their staff, but I guess the worst thing they do (and all the others as well) is using leather, fur,(feathers? crystals, gems and diamonds from people with low wages?) and dying colors/different treatment chemicals that might end up in water and affect the environment?

I'm not trying to come at you, I'm just really interested in the fashion world and did a project in high school about different chemicals that can be found in clothes, haha. (Don't buy athletic clothes with silver particles, guys!)

Well that’s the thing, most fashion brands put out what they do because the public demands it. Although, big brands have more money so they don’t have to reveal everything they do, because they can pay people off! Also they are all terrible for the environment. The US is very notable for this for being a HUGE consumer & after the trends die they throw their clothes away instead of giving it to goodwill. Also, there’s just too many clothes produced in general for all brands. Their are literally whole areas in other continents where it’s just clothes that haven’t been work! It’s terrible for the environment!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I don't know French well enough to understand what they're saying (I heard 2014 somewhere though haha), but by just quickly looking at this, I understand what you're saying. Did they ever comment this?

No, they don't want to comment any of this. I thought that the documentary was YouTube subtitled :(

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Yes, it's funny because I heard an environment activist on the radio that used this precise sentence to describe how US culture was acting in front of all that questions.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Yes, it's funny because I heard an environment activist on the radio that used this precise sentence to describe how US culture was acting in front of all that questions.

I mean, I love clothes, but I only buy what I can afford, when I can afford it (I usually wait for the sales lol) and I always think if it's just cool now or if it can still be used in 5-10 years. I saw a funky, bright red curly faux fur jacket today and tried it on for fun, but I would never buy it becuase it looks like something that will be cool for one season or two.

Not saying that I'm a saint though.

(Btw, I'm sorry for going off topic..!!)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png