#1181 OFFLINE   JamiDelRey

JamiDelRey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina // Upstate NY
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:51 PM

The only reason why I’d say I hold LA to the Moon to my heart more than those shows is cause I scored a front dead center spot right beside the steps and she came down to me first at the end of the show... I gave her a piece of paper that had the tweet of my phone number she favorited and never called from the “call you manana” tweets after the LFL preorders lmao... I wrote “tomorrow never came” with it and a smiley face and she laughed and signed my UV UO vinyl personally with my name right over the knee.... honestly a priceless moment ill never forget till I die :’)

Also I caught the set of (fake) pearls she threw off the stage during WTWWAWWKD and they’ve been sitting beautifully in my ultraviolence box set ever since
  • Hannus, Swan Song, FredRed and 8 others like this
5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

#1182 ONLINE   SweetHenny

SweetHenny

Clownery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationDreams
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:53 PM

brooklyn baby, shades of cool, west coast being set REGULARS. her fun and flowy dresses with the curtain bangs. the covers and unreleased songs she would throw into the mix. that performance of florida kilos. her overall just seeming super radiant and free. the lack of back up dancers and "choreography". endless summer tour was the bestttt

This literally almost made me cry  :(  We didn't appreciate it enough when we had it

• Hannus, JamiDelRey, Ultra Violet and 4 others like this

#1183 OFFLINE   Lucas B.

Lucas B.

Venice Bitch

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationMy bedroom, Sao Paulo - Brazil
  • Fan Since:Born To Die: The Paradise Edition

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

I wish we'd got the Hollywood Forever dvd - or at least the full edited video archive, I saw the audience videos and she was great!
  • JamiDelRey, Ultra Violet, I Come In Peace and 3 others like this

original.gif

#1184 OFFLINE   ilovetati

ilovetati

Am I that boy that you dream of?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:05 PM

Those were honestly the best shows of my life... I was blessed enough to see the bristow, charlotte, and atlanta shows all three in a row in a span of 4 days or so... a fucking JOURNEY it was

I was at Bristow :defeated:

omg what did she say?!

A few of us on AnalBoards made a Lana Del Ray booklet and I threw it on stage mid-show. My friend and I kept pointing to it and she eventually came over to the barrier to ask what we were motioning towards. She went over, picked it up, and read through it between songs - and came back over to thank me for how nice it was. :defeated: 

• Lucas B., Anthem, JamiDelRey and 9 others like this

#1185 OFFLINE   JamiDelRey

JamiDelRey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina // Upstate NY

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:05 PM

I was at Bristow :defeated:

That jiffy lube venue was amazing honestly... camped out for 30+ hours before the show cause my twitter friend from GA and I drove up from NC together for it, our group (me Austin carly and Meikel — if you happen to know any of them from twitter) was 1-4 in the VIP line it was such a TIME
5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

#1186 OFFLINE   sjatib

sjatib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Fan Since:Few years back

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:40 PM

This literally almost made me cry  :(  We didn't appreciate it enough when we had it

Nobody warns you before the fall...

• reaperofthepack likes this

#1187 OFFLINE   gatadelrey

gatadelrey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM

There's just one thing I really don't like and that's been ocurring for the last years - her live performances.
Like, it's not that I don't like them, I just don't like the fact that we can hear the studio version louder than her actual voice. I miss the 2012/2013 live performances where the only thing we could hear was the instruments and Lana's voice. Now she skips verses, we hear the studio version louder than her actual voice, that's not nice.

I saw her at the Hollywood Bowl last October and it was my v first time seeing her. I was just mesmerized that this person who has changed my life/helped me so much was like right there. I enjoyed it and I thought she did a good job. But like I said that was my first and only time having seen her so I can’t really compare.
  • Hallo Heaven and maxthehitman like this

#1188 ONLINE   sexyslutboy

sexyslutboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:04 AM

This is more related to Lizzy Grant but does anyone know enough about her life to know where she got the money to get her nose done? (lips too, probably, but those can be sort of cheap)

Back in the day when she was denying it she said stuff like "i couldn't even afford a house how could i afford surgery??". But now shes open about it and it's pretty obvious, so the question as to how she had no money living in a trailer park and still got it done is still there. I even read she couldn't join this writing workshop with a past manager because she couldn't pay the $180 fee

meow

#1189 OFFLINE   Mer Boy

Mer Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationVancouver/Malibu
  • Fan Since:2011

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:07 AM

This is more related to Lizzy Grant but does anyone know enough about her life to know where she got the money to get her nose done? (lips too, probably, but those can be sort of cheap)

Back in the day when she was denying it she said stuff like "i couldn't even afford a house how could i afford surgery??". But now shes open about it and it's pretty obvious, so the question as to how she had no money living in a trailer park and still got it done is still there. I even read she couldn't join this writing workshop with a past manager because she couldn't pay the $180 fee

lana-del-rey-west-coast-music-video-old-

sugar daddies are probably more likely to pay for things that make their girls more attractive than smarter (why she could afford a nose job but not writing classes) 

catch a wave, and take in the sweetness

#1190 OFFLINE   godsmonster

godsmonster

tainted angel lost in hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:01 AM

You know,

today, more than ever since it's release, I feel Change is more relevant than ever. I've had this strange feeling all day that a massive change is gonna happen, given all the protests and civil unrest. I wonder what kind of change Lana was feeling when she wrote the song, and I wonder if it's the same change that I feel coming with America

• Lanalouis1 and Ultra Violet like this

Ayg9S4A.png

#1191 ONLINE   sexyslutboy

sexyslutboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:07 AM

You know,

today, more than ever since it's release, I feel Change is more relevant than ever. I've had this strange feeling all day that a massive change is gonna happen, given all the protests and civil unrest. I wonder what kind of change Lana was feeling when she wrote the song, and I wonder if it's the same change that I feel coming with America

as much as i'd like to believe that big change is coming, protests exactly like these happened when treyvon martin died and there was no big sustained change in america

• Ultra Violet and lilithlana like this

meow

#1192 OFFLINE   godsmonster

godsmonster

tainted angel lost in hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:09 AM

as much as i'd like to believe that big change is coming, protests exactly like these happened when treyvon martin died and there was no big sustained change in america

yes but i feel like these protests are bigger, and potentially more powerful than the ones in 2012. I didn't pay attention back then, since i was rather oblivious to those events, and political events of any kind, but i just feel now it's different.

• Ultra Violet and sexyslutboy like this

Ayg9S4A.png

#1193 OFFLINE   VeniceBambi

VeniceBambi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Fan Since:2011

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:09 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=DEDAjw9Ljrw

"Lana Del Rey has Lana Del LOST IT"

40min of analyzing lanas recent behavior hmm  :creep:

• Ultra Violet, ArtDecoDelRey, maxthehitman and 1 other like this

#1194 OFFLINE   maxthehitman

maxthehitman

-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Location-

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:37 AM

Thanks VeniceBambi.

Very interesting to hear/see that video. 

Each person will always have their opinion(s) and may find a deep need to make a long video about it.

Why the need for such a video ?

There has already been too much talk about it. A biilion words written about it across the internet.

Let´s just rest it in its place in history. Let us move on.

Like Bono (from U2) used to tell their fans at their concerts... " There´s been too much talk about this next song....

This is not a rebel song... this song is Sunday Bloody Sunday "   

- h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long?
How long must we sing this song?
How long, how long?
'Cause tonight, we can be as one
Tonight

-

#1195 OFFLINE   Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet

Cult Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:51 AM

You know,

I think it's very related.

I appreciate that song a lot now, even though I think Lana didn't really understand how exactly she could help the change come through (well, she sorta does express that in the song) and how hard she would actually have to try. Change (song) now feels like a battle between letting natural change occur, and just welcome it vs. having to actually fight for it and force change to come in. Both in the outer world/political environment and within yourself.

• godsmonster likes this

#1196 OFFLINE   Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet

Cult Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:59 AM

Thanks VeniceBambi.

Very interesting to hear/see that video. 

Each person will always have their opinion(s) and may find a deep need to make a long video about it.

Why the need for such a video ?

There has already been too much talk about it. A biilion words written about it across the internet.

Let´s just rest it in its place in history. Let us move on.

Like Bono (from U2) used to tell their fans at their concerts... " There´s been too much talk about this next song....

This is not a rebel song... this song is Sunday Bloody Sunday "   

- h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long?
How long must we sing this song?
How long, how long?
'Cause tonight, we can be as one
Tonight

I actually like watching longer videos that go through the topic/controversy completely, even if it seems late- all the better to get the perspectives. 

I think there is a need for these videos (I haven't watched it yet but I'm about to so I might correct myself if I'm wrong later and the video sucks), because watching something like this can help me navigate through the billions of words written on the topic.

I like watching things like this when Im done talking about it. It helps me level out my final opinion and then move on. I hate leaving my last thought on comments that can be read differently to how the person intended them to be heard. 

• ArtDecoDelRey and maxthehitman like this

#1197 OFFLINE   Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet

Cult Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:06 AM

It's a good video, I watched the whole thing. 

The only thing I don't agree with is that she strategically did this to get more attention for her album. 

I think what she expected was responses from her fans like:

"Yay Lana is taking back her voice and is gonna sing about her fragility like she used to! Can't wait for the new album" (which is what I foolishly first thought when I first saw the post, despite feeling a bit strange about the opening sentence)

Not the response she got from the wider community like:"Lana is trying to promote her new album with a huge controversy on feminism and race".I don't think she expected that at all and she is probably more worried about her career than ever, despite saying it's not affecting her. 

His other analysis is really good though, like her reactions and especially how he goes through the video she posted. On point!

• I Come In Peace, late bloomer and maxthehitman like this

#1198 ONLINE   ArtDecoDelRey

ArtDecoDelRey

COCC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

mariners is SO. FUCKING. GOOD. one of her best

• drugsandroses, gatadelrey and Hallo Heaven like this

giphy.gif

#1199 OFFLINE   RormanNockwell

RormanNockwell

Да, Анастасия

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

Idk if this has been mentioned and it's only semi on-topic, but Seany's show has been cancelled: https://twitter.com/...560807321292812

I really hope this doesn't have any implications in terms of ... because his job description has changed and he's not on TV anymore, that she'd take him back because it'd be less pressure on their relationship now that he (presumably) won't be in the public eye or whatever. I'm very much not wanting that to happen, so excuse the reach.

• late bloomer likes this

#1200 OFFLINE   Barttender

Barttender

• Voluntary Leave
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:02 AM

Idk if this has been mentioned and it's only semi on-topic, but Seany's show has been cancelled: https://twitter.com/...560807321292812

I really hope this doesn't have any implications in terms of ... because his job description has changed and he's not on TV anymore, that she'd take him back because it'd be less pressure on their relationship now that he (presumably) won't be in the public eye or whatever. I'm very much not wanting that to happen, so excuse the reach.

They canceled the participation of the Tulsa officers in the program. The guy still remains as a presenter. And the program was renewed, weeks ago, for another 300 episodes (Edit: 160 episodes), if I'm not mistaken.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users