Sign in to follow this  
Kurac na Biciklu

Will you ever stop stanning Lana?

When she's no longer young and beautiful

Honestly i already feel myself caring less. I was so into her up until the lust for life era, i can't be bothered with any of the fan things i used to do, maintaining a complete collection etc. I check back often for news and leaks but meh

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Probably never, before her I really only listened to Johnny Cash and Tupac for music I connected with when I as sad or stuff but then I found some of her songs and liked them and then went on to like almost every song shes made and become a bigger fan, she's the only person whos music I actually look forward to coming out or ever have as I mostly only liked people who were dead before. Before finding her actually I never listened to new music ever or ever had a clue when new music was coming out, I didn't pay any attention to music as all I listened to was mostly 60s/70s music, 90s hip-hop, current hip-hop but was mostly only the popular songs and whatever was on the radio. But since getting into her and then reading stuff about her online from twitter and things like this and becoming a fan of a musician which I never was before then I got more into trying to look for other new music or listen to other peoples albums, now I probably listen to about 50-60 new albums a year although i've yet to find anyone I really like even close to her.

Even though her music is new, to me it is classic music that will last decades so I will probably still be listening to her so long as im alive.

I tried to stop listening to her years ago...I occasionally might have one or two weeks where I only listen to a few songs here and there, but tbh I think she's gonna be with me for my whole life, and MAC/VB really solidified this. Like my dad was a huge Eagles fan when he was my age and he still listens to them so  :fabcat:

sgopYhV.gif

I've thought about it a few times but I've been visualizing myself being a grandpa boping to ldr with my wife/husband everyday. So many of my memories are attached to her songs and just like @InnAMORamento said, it's an idealistic view but I've been a Beatles, Eminem, Ariana (i still love her), Arctic Monkeys stan and Lana Del Rey is the only artist i still listen to 24/7.

I do like the artists I mentioned before but I don't feel the same way I feel about Lanz 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

I don't think I will ever stop being interested in what she releases unless she goes in a really different direction and ditches everything that has made her an interesting artist to get immersed in, but I am not sure if that is even possible. She just has that special quality, that ability to surprise and evolve while still sounding like herself. Not to mention the 2011-2015 period really helped me get through some stuff. She's probably like Top 5 artist of all time for me, so I can't really see myself ever not interested in what she has to say, even if it doesn't always connect with me. 

I still do respect Mylene Farmer ( the artist that inspired me to think about this because many many MANY moments of my life are related to her songs) but I just do not find her interesting anymore...

Same for me here. Mylène once was my "idol" and favourite singer (I even ran the german Mylène fansite for several years) so I could never imagine to not like her - but that's what happened after "Innamoramento"/"Avant que l'ombre": I slowly fell out of love with her (new) style and songs... and her last album is actually soooo bad I can not listen to it, it's a disgrace. So it might be possible that the same will happen to me with Lana in the future - BUT the difference is that Lana's always the one behind her music, writing her own melodies and stuff while Mylène really seems to be dependent of the songwirters/producers she works with (I really prefer Mylène's "ancient" works with Laurent Boutonnat btw). So I hope Lana will maintain her high quality. But there's no guarantee of course.

been loving her for 6 years straight now, ever since I was 15, so I doubt it'll ever shift if it hadn't already at this point

I have no other artist to compare, I was an avril stan in middle school but we all know how middle school idols wash out eventually & somehow I still stick with lana being 21 so that must mean something

wrote this before and I still stand by it:

forever grateful & feeling blessed for being alive at the same time as our lord and savior lana del rey. i can’t wait to show my kids all my physical releases of all 32 lana albums in every genre and aesthetic possible all covered in pure talent and love. can’t wait to be able to say that I’ve seen her 10 times live in my life someday & younger generations being jealous of that chance I had. im so nostalgic for her man. can’t wait to grow old with her in the speakers. what a time to be alive indeed

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I feel myself kinda hopping off. As awful as this sounds I feel as if she's been going downhill since round 2016. I still adore her music but Lust for Life was a bit of a mess and overall visuals have been really lackluster. Still excited for NFR since the songs are excellent so far

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

been loving her for 6 years straight now, ever since I was 15, so I doubt it'll ever shift if it hadn't already at this point

I have no other artist to compare, I was an avril stan in middle school but we all know how middle school idols wash out eventually & somehow I still stick with lana being 21 so that must mean something

wrote this before and I still stand by it:

Same here. 21 now, started stanning when I was 15. I don't think my love for her music will ever go away. I grew up with her music as the soundtrack to my life.  :wowcry:

In fact, it seems that I just fall more in love with her albums as time goes on. I've been binging on Born to Die lately... it still sounds so fresh and emotional as it did 5-6 years ago.  :defeated: I'd have thought to have overplayed her songs by now, but it's the opposite. As I get older I attach even more memories and meanings to her songs. My life experiences change the way I interpret and feel her songs. Her music is inextricably a part of my identity   :xcry:

I'll never forget the way her music made me feel even when it doesn't have the same effect on me anymore, she is something special and worth cherishing forever

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

LFL was the closest I came to burning my stan card. It was an era full of promise and potential. Instead it was full of bad features, songs and production.

However I came back into the fold the moment MAC arrived as that's when the real Lana I fell in love with returned with vengeance.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371