Sign in to follow this  
Kurac na Biciklu

Will you ever stop stanning Lana?

The more I think about some of things she’s done and the way she’s been acting since after U.V the less I feel for her. Hillsong is unfortunate no its totally unforgivable. Her level of ignorance is disarming. How can a woman who says (:creep: ) she aligns with left wing views happily go to a cult that has a very well known history of homophobia and a stance against abortion.

She’s the type of person who will say one thing to please a group whilst thinking the complete opposite. LFL was her poor attempt to draw in the ‘woke’. I’ll even go as far as saying that she hasn’t got a clue what’s really going on politically in the world and if she did it’s on a -16 year old finds politics on tumblr for the first and now thinks she’s woke as fuck - surface level.

L.A has turned her into a lazy, minimalistic, vapid, ditzy mess. No it’s not BC she lost her spark after being in the industry for a while it’s BC she’s rich now. There’s no hunger from Lana to put any effort in anymore. Looks at artists like Beyoncé or F+TM both of whom have been in the industry for much longer than Lana but still put in a shit ton of effort in. Why? BC they still have a love and a passion for what they are do. That’s something Lana has lost and will probably never get back.

I’m done with her and the only thing that keeps me invested is the music. Even then it’s been steadily declining ever since UV.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

She's changed my life and her music is always there whenever life fucks me over. I did kind of stop listening to her when Lust For Life came out, it was a huge disappointment but alas I came back 3 months after it's release. I've stop listening to many artist this past year (Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Halsey are a few examples) but I haven't stopped caring about Lana. I feel like she'll always be in my heart somehow. Even after she retires. 

dNvtmdN.png

I don't think I'll ever stop caring about Lana Del Rey's music, art, and life. For me, one of the things that makes Lana so special is that she's my contemporary. Most of the other artists I like are Dead, and in some cases they've been dead for many years, and because of this it's so easy to gain in-depth knowledge about them because authoritative books have already been written about them. But Lana's alive! Her story is still being written, her life is still unfolding on the stage of history, and her end is yet unknown. And this mystery is part of what makes Lana Del Rey so appealing; as well as her beauty, her voice, and her lyrics, which I always considered to be, in my humble opinion, a mixture of pop and literature.

I never thot I would say this but I’m starting to get really turned off by her behavior, coupled with the last two albums being very lackluster..... I just don’t really get excited about her anymore, unless I really lower my standards. I still am grateful for her music and still love her in a way because I did really connect to her before and her music has been the soundtrack to some of my fondest memories but I’ve grown as a person and so has she and ig I just don’t vibe anymore. :( that makes me really sad, she literally was like the person I wanted to be when I grow up. She’s probably had the biggest impact on me than anyone else. But when I look at her now, that’s not someone I want to be.

I’ll always love her and want the best for her but at the moment... I don’t really like her

UbsOye5.png