Sign in to follow this  
graham4anything

Lana 60 seconds auditory orgasm..the PERFECT minute of song

This topic is specific for the perfect one minute of song from songs that Lana sang.

(this does NOT mean screams and moans, that is for a different topic, though songs she moans, hums, sighs, grunts, growls, etc are

part of the topic).

among many

RIDE-  from approx  3minutes in to 4 minutes, can any song be more perfect?  (time doesn't include the beg. monologue

AMERICAN- (the Barack Obama inspired) approx. 2:29 to 3:29

although a case could be made for .39 to 1:39  or 128-228

WEST COAST- the last minute (although a case could be made for the minute earlier in the song)

to be continued

VENICE BEACH-

SHADES OF COOL-

PRETTY WHEN I CRY-

COACHELLA-

tbc

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

AMERICAN- (the Barack Obama inspired) approx. 2:29 to 3:29

So... What you're saying is... American was inspired by Barack Obama? Or the bridge was inspired by him? Can you elaborate on that? Can't quite wrap my head around this

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

So... What you're saying is... American was inspired by Barack Obama? Or the bridge was inspired by him? Can you elaborate on that? Can't quite wrap my head around this

I myself picture the whole song being about President Obama, (and the like being a like a post like a thumbs up, but even if one takes the first part is not, but the second to end of song is

then the bridge especially with the orgasmic lyrics

(one could also picture it being Lin Manuel Miranda or a remake could picture Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Michelle Obama too)

Everybody wants to go fast but they can't compare

I don't really want the rest, only you can take me there

I don't even know what I'm saying but I'm praying for you

but anyway that minute regardless of meaning is one of the most perfect greatest minute of a song ever.

and this topic is not about politics, but the greatest one minute of music in an entire song

==============================================================================================

==============================================================================================

Slightly off topic (in fact perhaps totally- this paragraph struck me as 100% Lana-esque in her earlier days especially the crap Lana took from the hostiles and even as Lana's career progressed,

and people (here) sometimes abuse Lana by saying she couldn't have this shit or that shit-

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-enduring-incandescent-power-of-kate-bush

from a newyorker article on Kate Bush © M Talbot)

One secret of Bush’s artistry is that she has never feared the ludicrous—she tries things that other musicians would be too careful or cool to go near. That was apparent from the very first lines of “Wuthering Heights”—“Out on the wiley, windy moors / we’d roll and fall in green / You had a temper like my jealousy / too hot, too greedy.” When she wrote that song, she hadn’t yet read the Emily Brontë novel; she’d only caught the end of a TV adaptation. But of course she got the essence of the book, sucked it in, and transmogrified it in her teen-aged soul, and she knew how to keen those lyrics like a ghost ceaselessly yearning.

and this paragraph too-

Thomson contends that, at a time when musical camps were more fiercely armored than they are now (remember when people had to choose, absurdly, between punk and disco?), Bush got a bad rap from some music journalists for being a dreamy middle-class girl rather than an angry working-class bloke. There was grumbling about her tweeness, her witchy, unapologetic femininity. “Most of her records,” the jazz critic Richard Cook, writing about Bush in Sounds magazine, complained, “smell of tarot cards, kitchen curtains and lavender pillows.” That said, John Lydon—a.k.a. Johnny Rotten—loved her music. In a BBC documentary about Bush, from 2014, he allows that “a lot of my friends at the time couldn’t bear” Bush’s high-pitched, passionate warbling on “Wuthering Heights” and other early songs. “They just thought it was too much”—and, indeed, Bush is the high priestess of too much. “But that,” Lydon said, “was really what drew me in.”

==================================================================================================================================

--------------------------------------end of the quotes, back to comments-

and one could marvel at the many one minute Kate (WOW, Wuthering, etc.) & John had in their songs, but this is about Lana.

(how about a trio of Lana/Kate/John Lydon.) (someday all 3 will be in the hall of fame, yet so far, only the male is, and he didn't even want it)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Summertime Sadness  2:28 to 3:28