• Members
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 16d 29m 7s

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1534439343

Mitski Miyawaki is a Japanese-American singer-songwriter and musician. She studied at Purchase College's Conservatory of Music, releasing her first two piano-backed albums whilst a student there. She has since gone on to release a further three studio albums, ditching the piano for guitar, garnering critical acclaim for her raw lyrics and indie rock flair.

Albums:

R-9475228-1481226331-2020.jpeg.jpgR-9475282-1481226951-1171.jpeg.jpgR-6329063-1416601114-2118.jpeg.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F2a2e22https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fffa06c

-----

I couldn't believe this Goddess doesn't have a thread on here  :biblio:

What are your guys favourite albums/songs?

For me: Bury Me at Makeout Creek is probably my favourite album because of the depressive lyricism and heavy guitar, but Puberty 2 is a very close second and features her most complete songs.

Favourite songs: Square, Class of 2013, Francis Forever, I Don't Smoke, Carry Me Out, Last Words of a Shooting Star, Happy, Your Best American Girl, I Bet on Losing Dogs, A Burning Hill, Geyser, A Pearl, Two Slow Dancers  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:

• CatchTheBreeze, daytonadeath, fl0ridakil0s and 6 others like this

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

#2 OFFLINE   Gangsta Queen

Gangsta Queen

Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me From Floating

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • LocationAmidst the Chaos
  • Fan Since:Forever and a day
  • Time Online: 52d 7h 39m 36s

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

I fucking lov her!! My favorite song is Pink In The Night, I could listen on repeat for days. I also love Townie, Fireworks, Square, Pearl Diver, and Your Best American Girl. She’s a goddess
  • Body Electrician likes this

Summertime Fantasy

#3 ONLINE   fl0ridakil0s

fl0ridakil0s

Nicest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Time Online: 57d 2h 21m 53s

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Talent! Love her

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

#4 OFFLINE   daytonadeath

daytonadeath

marxist tempter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brazil
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 64d 14h 15m 49s

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Her best song

• Volta and Body Electrician like this

#5 OFFLINE   Glorious

Glorious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Time Online: 73d 21h 34m 25s

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

i absolutely adore what i've heard from be the cowboy, i need to listen to her full discography sometime. nobody is perfection. 

Lana | Marina | Charli | Ellie | Foxes | Florence | Paloma | Carly | Ryn | Lorde | Kacey | Shura | NAO | Dua | Janelle | Tove Lo | Muna | Daft Punk | Capital Cities | HAIM | Cruel Youth

#6 OFFLINE   Body Electrician

Body Electrician

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

i absolutely adore what i've heard from be the cowboy, i need to listen to her full discography sometime. nobody is perfection. 

honestly Nobody is the only Mitski song that sounds like that, everyone was pretty shocked when she first released it. It's the most 'pop' she's done. Her first two albums are basically just her and a piano and then after that it's pretty heavy guitars and rock music. A couple of songs on BTC have a similar 'showgirl' feel to them though.

• Glorious and Volta like this

#7 OFFLINE   white gold

white gold

pretty baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Time Online: 92d 12h 3m 40s

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

LOVE THIS BITCH. her new album is everything

• Body Electrician and True Romance like this

#8 OFFLINE   DinahLee

DinahLee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Time Online: 85d 8h 35m 31s

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

I've seem a lot of gays people going around about her and I'm curious. Gonna give her a try, the covers look beautiful on the first post lol 

EDIT: SINCE this post is the first page and I'm already obsessed now, If you're wondering: YES LISTEN TO HER MUSIC.

#9 OFFLINE   Body Electrician

Body Electrician

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

I'm obsessed with this performance. I watch it at least once a day. 

I've seem a lot of gays people going around about her and I'm curious. Gonna give her a try, the covers look beautiful on the first post lol 

EDIT: SINCE this post is the first page and I'm already obsessed now, If you're wondering: YES LISTEN TO HER MUSIC.

the swift conversion from curious to fan  :defeated: what songs/album did you start with?

• DinahLee likes this

#10 OFFLINE   DinahLee

DinahLee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Time Online: 85d 8h 35m 31s

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:33 PM

I'm obsessed with this performance. I watch it at least once a day. 

the swift conversion from curious to fan  :defeated: what songs/album did you start with?

omg sis like after playing all the songs on this page I decided to give it a full-go for albuns. Got "Be the Cowboy" since I knew it was the "newest one" and saw the post about Nobody being the "Pop-iest" thing she had done so.

Loved almost everything on first listen, even when I find it a bit awkward of how short the songs can be. But I was magnetized with Pink in the Night, Two slow Dancers, Washing Machine Heart, Why Didn't You Stop Me?...

Then I decided to go to Puberty 2 since Your Best American Girl was my favorite song on a first listen from this page. Just incredible. I bet on losing dogs, Once more to see you...

Her lyrics are honestly out of this world. So real, straight to the point, sharp as a knife.

I listened to every song with Genius open and reading lyrics and explanations was just AN EXPERIENCE. And for anyone wondering about listening, I'd warn you to do the same. Makes the songs 10x stronger.

the explanation about "A Pearl" got me sobbing because... yes. It's real. 

I haven't listened to the other 3 albuns yet (well, some songs from "Bury me...") cuz I want to enjoy every little song from these 2. Then, when I feel the urgency for more, I'll go further.

#11 OFFLINE   Body Electrician

Body Electrician

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

omg sis like after playing all the songs on this page I decided to give it a full-go for albuns. Got "Be the Cowboy" since I knew it was the "newest one" and saw the post about Nobody being the "Pop-iest" thing she had done so.

Loved almost everything on first listen, even when I find it a bit awkward of how short the songs can be. But I was magnetized with Pink in the Night, Two slow Dancers, Washing Machine Heart, Why Didn't You Stop Me?...

Then I decided to go to Puberty 2 since Your Best American Girl was my favorite song on a first listen from this page. Just incredible. I bet on losing dogs, Once more to see you...

Her lyrics are honestly out of this world. So real, straight to the point, sharp as a knife.

I listened to every song with Genius open and reading lyrics and explanations was just AN EXPERIENCE. And for anyone wondering about listening, I'd warn you to do the same. Makes the songs 10x stronger.

the explanation about "A Pearl" got me sobbing because... yes. It's real. 

I haven't listened to the other 3 albuns yet (well, some songs from "Bury me...") cuz I want to enjoy every little song from these 2. Then, when I feel the urgency for more, I'll go further.

yeah I remember my first time getting into her and I was confused as to why some songs ended so soon  :toofunny:

ahhh Puberty 2 is such excellence, IBOLD is definitely a strong contender for my favourite song by her  :defeated: and yes she is one of the best lyricists of our generation  :flutter: so glad you liked

I'd definitely go with Bury Me next because it's very much a Puberty 2's moody little sister. Her first two albums are very piano based which isn't exactly my favourite but there are still some great songs on there, but her last 3 albums have been a 1-2-3 punch  :defeated:

• DinahLee and Gangsta Queen like this

#12 OFFLINE   Gangsta Queen

Gangsta Queen

Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me From Floating

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • LocationAmidst the Chaos
  • Fan Since:Forever and a day
  • Time Online: 52d 7h 39m 36s

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Mitski is honestly one of the best lyricists of this generation, and her voice is phenomenal. She deserves so much more recognition
  • ldelreyyay likes this

Summertime Fantasy

#13 OFFLINE   hornymoon

hornymoon

i think i'm underrated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationHigh up in the Hollywood hills taking violet pills
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 43d 4h 56m 46s

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

just wanted to add to this thread and say that this woman is phenomenal..like the amount of raw talent she has..wow her MIND. I saw her back in 2017 live and I was just..emotionally SCALPED, me and my boyfriend were literally sobbing when she sang I Will, her music is just so like raw and interesting! Honestly lana could take a few pointers from her but ya this bitch is the real thing I love her music

• Cacciatore likes this

giphy.gif

#14 OFFLINE   Cacciatore

Cacciatore

don't take anything i say seriously

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationHollyweird
  • Time Online: 31d 22h 54m 30s

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Puberty 2 and Be The Cowboy are two gems, she's amazingly talented. I need to listen to the rest of her discography though.

• Gangsta Queen likes this

tumblr_nuuw00613X1t0u8w9o3_250.gif tumblr_nuuw00613X1t0u8w9o9_250.gif tumblr_nuuw00613X1t0u8w9o4_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users