Sign in to follow this  
BluVelvUnderground

2019 Oscar Predictions?

I really don't know why 'Roma' is having so much recognition. The film is good but I don't understand how it came to be nominated as best film.

As a Mexican I am proud that Mexican cinema is being recognized but I don't feel that the film is on the same level as the others (Although I love cinematography) and I don't feel that Yalitza Aparicio has done an impeccable job.

I really don't know why 'Roma' is having so much recognition. The film is good but I don't understand how it came to be nominated as best film.

As a Mexican I am proud that Mexican cinema is being recognized but I don't feel that the film is on the same level as the others (Although I love cinematography) and I don't feel that Yalitza Aparicio has done an impeccable job.

netflix hyped that up so much i was kinda disappointed when i finally got to see it  :awkney:

directorial and cinematography noms are well deserved though

i76mrxw.png 

@Amadeus

I know you've blocked most of it out of your memory, but I'm curious what Vine they're say appears in the film a couple of times, as well as which cameo (of an internet personality) is supposedly getting controversy and reaches Borat-like humor? 

pls stop asking me about Lice and watch it urself if u wanna know anything about it

it's BAD and a complete waste of time

i76mrxw.png 

pls stop asking me about Lice and watch it urself if u wanna know anything about it

it's BAD

lol I just returned from seeing it today and figured you haven't really seen it. That's all.  :hooker:

It is bad, but the Rockwell thing caught me off guard, and you would definitely remember the answers to these questions because they're perfect ammunition for attacking the movie and discussing why it's so bad. 

Cheers.  :ohmy:

lol I just returned from seeing it today and figured you haven't really seen it. That's all.  :hooker:

It is bad, but the Rockwell thing caught me off guard, and you would definitely remember the answers to these questions because they're perfect ammunition for attacking the movie and discussing why it's so bad. 

Cheers.  :ohmy:

sis i watched this after waking up when it leaked and zoned out for the majority of it bc it was so stupid, why would i lie about wasting 2 hrs of my LIFE, the random guy who was randomly narrating half of it, getting hit by a truck and then they take his heart, the dramatique phone call of the gay sis calling the straight sis after her tv appearance, the sudden random change of tone and war scenes, the scene in the garden with george bush (i think it was him??)... there was so much that confused me more than like.. 

it was like a fever dream

it wouldn't have surprised me if there was some vine reference thrown in there as the whole thing was a train wreck to me

i76mrxw.png 

I've officially decided to fuck myself up and watch the awards live, despite the fact that I have to wake up a bit before 3AM (and that's skipping the red carpet) and go to work for 8 hours right after it ends - which means I'll probably have to go to bed around 9PM tomorrow to get at least a decent amount of sleep. :krylie: First I thought I'd just watch it after work but I love the experience of watching it live and I'd be pissed to miss out. Just printed a ballot so I gotta start thinking about my predictions seriously

Picture: Green Book

Director: Alfonso Cuaron, Roma

O. Screenplay: Green Book

A. Screenplay: BlacKkKlansman

Actor: Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody

Actress: Glenn Close, The Wife

Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali, Green Book (Sam Elliott possible upset)

Supporting Actress: Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk

Will update with the rest of the categories sometime before tomorrow evening.