trayertrash

ABBA THE THREAD

Wrong. It's this one

Makes me cry every time  :kum: even tho the story is kinda bad

When the bridge kicks in with that powerful BABY HOW COULD YOU DO IT  :defeated:  YOU JUST TOLD ME LIES!!!!!  :defeated:

I CAN'T DISAGREE WITH YOU 

They are some of the most superior musicians of all time.

Take out "some of" 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Tonight the super trouper lights are gonna find me

139cc3f67cde54382dffb93ed13c5979.300x225

Shining like the sun (sup-p-per troup-p-per)

139cc3f67cde54382dffb93ed13c5979.300x225

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Do we have any news about when are the new singles coming?

Supposedly it's not coming out until this fall at the earliest. There's speculation that they're releasing an album now instead of just 2 singles, hence the extra year between the original release date, but we'll see. 

My absolute favourite band. I had known about them through my mom, but my interest wasn't fully stoked until I stumbled upon Dancing Queen on Youtube back in 2007-2008. Some of my most spiritual moments have been when I was baked outta this world and listening to live ABBA performances. It's such a transcendent experience. Indescribable.

GtAcyJD.gif

It's an established fact that Benny & Bjorn are musical geniuses. Their compositions are some of the most spectacular and brilliant out there. Hook after hook after hook. The complexity that that has, the arrangement that that has, the timelessness that that has. 

SGa0BzN.gif

My top 10, in no particular order:

- Should I Laugh or Cry (one of their most underrated songs - it's so hauntingly beautiful and tragic).

- If It Wasn't For The Nights (that production & arrangement...  :worship: )

- Under Attack

- The Day Before You Came (the sonification of my depression)

- Slipping Through My Fingers (it's a MASTERPIECE! absolutely flawless, especially the live performance)

- One of Us (WHEW, the bass.... :defeated: )

- Mamma Mia

- Dancing Queen (the best song in history of pop. y'all heard the vaporwave version?)

- My Love, My Life (also its demo -- Monsieur, Monsieur -- gorgeous song).

- I've Been Waiting For You

I2K0K7h.gif

They have quite an intriguing unreleased repertoire as well. Just Like That (SO sad that this didn't get finished), Rubber Ball Man / Under My Sun (the BOPt that got away  :lush: ), Every Good Man, Just a Notion. I wonder how many tracks are still hidden away in some dusty tape that never got to see the light. What a shame.  :trisha:

My absolute favourite band. I had known about them through my mom, but my interest wasn't fully stoked until I stumbled upon Dancing Queen on Youtube back in 2007-2008. Some of my most spiritual moments have been when I was baked outta this world and listening to live ABBA performances. It's such a transcendent experience. Indescribable.

GtAcyJD.gif

It's an established fact that Benny & Bjorn are musical geniuses. Their compositions are some of the most spectacular and brilliant out there. Hook after hook after hook. The complexity that that has, the arrangement that that has, the timelessness that that has. 

SGa0BzN.gif

My top 10, in no particular order:

- Should I Laugh or Cry (one of their most underrated songs - it's so hauntingly beautiful and tragic).

- Under Attack

- Slipping Through My Fingers (it's a MASTERPIECE! absolutely flawless, especially the live performance)

- Mamma Mia

- Dancing Queen (the best song in history of pop. y'all heard the vaporwave version?)

I2K0K7h.gif

They have quite an intriguing unreleased repertoire as well. Just Like That (SO sad that this didn't get finished), Rubber Ball Man / Under My Sun (the BOPt that got away  :lush: ), Every Good Man, Just a Notion. I wonder how many tracks are still hidden away in some dusty tape that never got to see the light. What a shame.  :trisha:

A TRUE STAN  :trisha:

- Under Attack

Just Like That (SO sad that this didn't get finished)

Rubber Ball Man / Under My Sun (the BOPt that got away  :lush: )

THE TASTE OMG

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PleUdnv2TRo

this song makes me feel SO GOOD AND HAPPY AND POSITIVE AND HOPEFUL

I was about to get mad someone didn't mention one of the best songs in life  :flutter:  I'm sorry but Madonna - Hung Up can choke, the OG is better

I will not accept any disrespect towards the Queen of Pop. I would say that both Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! and Hung Up are absolute classics and milestones in pop music. I think it's impressive how she managed to sample this (then) 25-year-old song and merge it with something recent, and by doing so suddenly made it relevant again. Plus Madonna is pretty much the only singer that ABBA has ever permitted to sample one of their songs, so clearly they must think quite highly of her too.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif