Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Born to Die Turns 7

I was 15 when it came out but discovered it a year after..

first song I heard and liked was Blue Jeans but Video Games was the one that made me fall in love with Lana

ugh great days  :flutter:  :flutter:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Happy birthday to this iconic debut album! I still remember how I found out about it, everyone was going crazy about it on Twitter so I downloaded the album without listening to any clips or anything and honestly I thought I was about to listen to a typical but very good pop album so imagine my face when I first heard her singing on the title track - I was not expecting that at all:deadbanana: I had to listen the album thrice in full before I got into it and once I did, boy I was hooked and to this day it's still my most played album according to Last.fm with 16,500+ scrobbles in total. However I have to admit I don't return to it that often these days, as you can see from the stats below the last time I listened the whole thing in full was on June 21st in 2017 which I'm not proud about but... yeah. Iconic, life changing and still close to my heart, we have no choice but to stan. even though it's not my number 1 fave from her nowadays

I'm currently listening to it in honor of its anniversary but before this, here's when I had last listened to each track.

01. Born to Die 12.01.2019
02. Off to the Races 11.10.2018
03. Blue Jeans 20.12.2018
04. Video Games 11.10.2018
05. Diet Mountain Dew 21.06.2017
06. National Anthem 13.01.2019
07. Dark Paradise 21.06.2017
08. Radio 21.06.2017
09. Carmen 11.10.2018
10. Million Dollar Man 21.06.2017
11. Summertime Sadness 11.08.2017
12. This Is What Makes Us Girls 21.06.2017
13. Without You 21.06.2017
14. Lolita 11.10.2018
15. Lucky Ones 21.06.2017

As we all know, Born to Die is one of the most streamed albums of all time and one of the pioneers of the streaming era. These are its impressive numbers.

(Only counting official releases)

1. Summertime Sadness 1028m
2. Born to Die 664.3m
3. Video Games 486m
4. Blue Jeans 485m
5. National Anthem 232m
6. Dark Paradise 120m
7. Carmen 97m
8. Off to the Races 91m
9. Radio 87m
10. Diet Mountain Dew 77m
11. This Is What Makes Us Girls 66m
12. Million Dollar Man 54m
13. Without You 53m
14. Lucky Ones 43m
15. Lolita 42m

This year it will have 8 songs with over 100 million plays :rip:

tumblr_n2wkjbW1861rkudelo1_500.gif

the first song I ever heard by Lana was born to die in 2012, when my older sister showed me the music video... BTD was always there for me in my early teen years when I had no one. BTD will always mean so much to me

:aw:

Ok, lil game. How old were you when BtD came out?

15 (however I had already turned 16 when I first listened to it) and I'll be 23 next Friday Saturday  :biblio:

I don't listen to Born to Die that much any more, but it really did change my life. It still sounds incredible seven years later

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I can remember being about 10 and watching the BTD video and thinking how effortlessly elegant and beautiful this woman before me was. I was almost intimidated by her grandiose style and beauty - little did I know I'd be crazily stanning her a couple years later  

You Can Be The Boss should've been a bonus track in place of Lucky Ones

TV In Black And White & Serial Killer should have been standard tracks on the album tbh

woah replacing Lucky Ones? no thank you

giphy.gif

Off to the Races - Radio - Born to Die - Without You - Video Games

Best songs on the album

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i feel like all of us here are pulling out those "where were you" moments people usually bring up when discussing some historical event -- which, in all fairness, this absolutely is

i was 11 at the time, turning 12 a month later -- I didn't hardcore stan yet, but I was definitely aware of LDR at the time, because I remember hearing OTTR, being absolutely in awe, and coming up nearly empty-handed when trying to find more music by her (although, I feel like there was already some unreleased floating around by that point -- I'm almost sure I heard Kill Kill then, and Lizzy Grant stan I am, fell in love with it).

anyway, it always blows my mind when people say BTD has aged poorly, because I think it's one of those truly timeless albums. it holds up now even better than it did then, because she was so ahead of the game, and it remains her best work, imo

happy birthday, baby

o4qjp4j.png

BTD came out when I was a younger teenager, but I didn't listen to it until I was 17. 

The first song by her that I heard was technically Video Games, but I hated it.

I was hospitalized in the winter of 2014, and when I got back to school, my friend (who tried showing me Video Games) pleaded to give her another chance, and that she felt I would love her song Dark Paradise. The first time I heard it, I fell in love. Soon I listened to Summertime Sadness (I had never heard the song before 2014, I didn't listen to pop or the radio back then). Eventually, I heard the whole album. I fell in love with Diet Mountain Dew, and the rest is history

negAbhB.png

Ok, lil game. How old were you when BtD came out?

17 but didnt listen until paradise edition was out but before ride video came out

it was on repeat every shower i took

a whole mood

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking