Sign in to follow this  
Peachycream

Lana spotted at Hillsong again - January 30, 2019

The first thing you did was call her a cunt.

That might have been a bit excessive, yeah. English is not my native language so expletives have less weight to me - that and I feel like it's so common to exaggerate your words on the internet.

I do think that ignorance is not that good defense, but it's the best what we have, unless Lana is a secret agent infiltrating Hillsong. I don't like what it says about her if she is supporting them in any way.

Sidenote, but so many people in my country are criticising Ellen Page and saying that judging others for being homophobic is as bad as judging them for being gay (due to a slight mistranslation of her tweet). It's sad for me to see such a vile organisation getting support becauase it's Christian and so many people are still hateful toward minorities.

Anyway, I will always be thankful for Lana's art, even if it all goes downhill and I will lose my interest in her person. I hope this will not happen, but who knows?

i am nothing and should be everything

All I'm trying to say is Lana going to Hillsong is fucked up for her female fans, her fans who have been a victim of rape, and her gay fans, WHILE ALSO being harmful to herself. It's not all about us either, I'm saying that that place can have a bad influence on HER OWN well-being as well.

She hasn't been spotted again so there's always the off chance it wasn't for her, and she stopped going. Which is what I'm hoping for

You have been ranting for 32490 pages abt the lgbt only, and now u suddenly remembered the rape victims? Nah, you only care for lgbt and thats what u have been ranting about for 20 pages now in this thread but u only brought up suddenly the "victims of rape/abuse,female fanzz" for ur argument. Cute try but it's obvious what u're trying to do. Next.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

You have been ranting for 32490 pages abt the lgbt only, and now u suddenly remembered the rape victims? Nah, you only care for lgbt and thats what u have been ranting about for 20 pages now in this thread but u only brought up suddenly the "victims of rape/abuse,female fanzz" for ur argument. Cute try but it's obvious what u're trying to do. Next.

This entire post is just an unnecessary jab @ peroxide and saying he doesn’t actually care about rape/abuse victims? Jeez...

Let the adults talk here sis :-)

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

This entire post is just an unnecessary jab @ peroxide and saying he doesn’t actually care about rape/abuse victims? Jeez...

Let the adults talk here sis :-)

Yep the same "adults" that keep bitching about Lana attending Hillsong for 324 pages (including other threads as well), calling her several names too. Sure, go ahead and continue. Ciao sis :-)

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Are you actually serious? Have you read any of my posts? You do realize I've been speaking on the pedophiles and rape victims along with the fact that the church tried to pay off the rape victims in order to shut them up right, while also speaking on them being in support of not letting women have reproductive rights? I'm honestly disgusted by your behavior and the fact that your argument tries to dismiss the pain and suffering people had to endure because of this church as simply an argumentative tactic. Your oversight on everything that has been discussed in here truly speaks volumes on who you are as a human being. Do you have any sort of moral compass or heart? I was simply speaking on the acts that have been perpetuated by the church in order to open up some of the fans eyes who think I'm only speaking about gay conversion therapy (which in itself is a form of abuse and is also truly disgusting for you to try and brush it off as anything less than). I clearly can see where you're coming from, fixating purely on the structure in which I presented my argument as, rather than actually absorbing any of the information. I'm simply at a loss for words attempting to understand how you can try to spin such a dark conversation into something as petty as dissecting the very way I've constructed my argument. Have some fucking respect, this isn't some heehee haha oh Lana called her song Cinnamon discussion. Were speaking about the fact that this person we supported attended and could very well still be attending a church that is known to be against every walk of life. Take your ignorance somewhere else buddy. You can try to string together

and bring to life whateverr Frankenstein theory you've got on me, but I'm not having it. When you come back actually wanting to discuss the topic like a civilized adult rather than speculating who is against Lana and who isn't, then we can talk, but it is very clear you are currently in a state of trying to conjure up any sort of crack in a members argument simply to reassure yourself of Lana's innocence and disregard any sort of discussion leaning towards Lana being at fault. I truly hope you do some soul searching and learn that when something is as heavy as pedophilia, your jokes are not needed. I've suffered from my own abuse in life and I'll be fucking dead before you tell me what I do and don't stand for. Thank you.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I was discussing the feminism quote, I obviously know her age.

I wouldn’t say the age of social justice came until around the 2011/2012 mark. Or at least it definitely wasn’t as prolific.

“She has past experiences with x so she should know better”. Victims of abuse go back to their abusers. Alcohol and drug addicts relapse. I could go on. Just because you should know better from past experience doesn’t mean you’re always going to completely detach. That’s kind of a heartless statement. I would ask you to consider maybe looking up online peoples experiences with cults, it’s a lot more complex than some people would anticipate. Regardless, I don’t believe Lana’s being indoctrinated into some weird cult.

There’s peobably some reason for her going, whether benign or otherwise, but unless it reaches mainstream media presence and she’s forced to confront it we probably won’t hear anything about it.

You're right about that, 2012 is when I started noticing a shift towards acknowledgement & awareness of social issues. So that gives her about 7 years, and as a full fledged adult. Besides, look at the way she's been living all these years; does it seem like her personal growth was or is dependent on twitter and tumblr? She's spent most of her life in New York and LA for fuck's sake. She went to college and studied Philosophy, of all things. She's been reading self improvement books for more than a decade. She's known so many people, from all walks of life. She's traveled around the world. She has & has had access to more opportunities for self growth than you and I could ever dream of. And she's still acting like a dumb bitch :derpna:

You keep talking about what happens, while I'm talking about what should happen. Oh, abuse victims go back to their abusers, what a great choice! An addict relapsing, awesome! Definitely something to applaud. Come the fuck on here. Disapproval is not the same as denial and/or ignorance. I can acknowledge a situation, understand how it came to be & why it is the way it is, and still conclude that it's a shitty fucking situation. Since when is something automatically okay simply because it's real?

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Just to keep it real, I'd like to point out that Hillsong is not mainstream Catholic (as I might have thought earlier) but closer to Pentacostal or a "charismatic Christian" church, just follow the link in the first sentence of its wikipedia page.

"Charismatic" churches inherit from Pentacostalism an interest in "baptism with the Holy spirit", which LDR has been artistically interested in (among other things) for the Tropico mv. That video concludes with a baptism and ascension of sorts.

So LDR is not a hardcore Catholic, and ironically, this church may not even be the worst church she could possibly be in according to anti-gay dogma. I really don't know. I don't follow Christianity. I *only* follow certain artists, as well as LDR, that follow Christianity, which is how I think/learn/know about it. The Wikipedia page also has some controversy sections about Hillsong, but it seems like the normal kinds of sleazery you get with big churches. I need more info on super-sleazy stuff to form an opinion on how irate I should be that LDR attends this church (as opposed to any church). To Hillsong's "credit" they do have a public stance on the web from their senior pastor on homosexuality:  they don't condone/affirm the lifestyle (e.g., recognize homosexual marriage religiously, but do so legally, as they have to), don't allow gay leadership within their church, but do allow and encourage gays to attend the church.

So you can theoretically still attend the church as a homosexual and wonder how it's relevant to you. This should involve thinking about how the concept of Christ is relevant to you, not how organized religion, which is against you to some extent, is relevant. Before you can wonder how Christ is relevant, you can investigate how the new testament views it. Here's a good intro link (I googled "new testament and homosexuality", first hit):
https://www.bibleodyssey.org/en/passages/related-articles/homosexuality-in-the-new-testament

The interesting observation, according to this scholar, is that Jesus never says anything about homosexuality; it's all this Paul guy. Who made Paul an authority on these issues? That's the thing that needs to be investigated/challenged.

So now what would Jesus think? Nobody knows, but Anne Rice wrote two 1st-person narration (!!!) "novels" about the early life of Christ. Did she ever address the issue? I won't say I know all the relevant passages for this question (it's been awhile since I read the books), but in the beginning of the 2nd book, The road to Cana, Christ is about 30 at this time; there is a sudden stoning, without trial, of two young males for alleged homosexual acts. Christ witnesses this and is distraught by it and seeks to comfort the parents of one of the stonees. So here is Anne Rice, putting words in Jesus's mouth. I believe she's trying to be consistent with scripture and avoid Vatican and other scorn/notice, while still being true, and possibly very firm, about her own beliefs on the matter. Remember, the "I" in the passage is supposed to be Jesus, so she's really walking a highwire here in terms of church scrutiny.

[pg. 24]
     I came close and put my arms on the two of them, and they looked to me suddenly like terrified children.
     "There was no trial, as you know," I said. "That means that no one will ever know what Yitra did or the Orphan did, or how it was, or when it was, or if nothing ever happened. No one will know. No one can know. Not even the little boys who accused them knew. Only heaven knows. Now you mustn't have a trial for the boys in your heart. There can't be one. And that means there should be none. And so you mourn for Yitra in your heart. And Yitra is forever innocent. He has to be. It can't be otherwise, not this side of heaven."

I'll lapse into AP (advanced placement) English mode and interpret between the lines. If someone puts their arms on you, and you suddenly look like terrified children, it means you view that person as an authority and shit is about to come down, and I do believe Christ has a reputation in his local village for being weirdly powerful by this time in the Anne Rice canon. The other things: emphasis on "no trial", "no one will know", "no one can know", and the command not to mourn for Yitra, and most importantly the proclamation that Yitra is "forever innocent", "he has to be". All these things take on a dramatic turn in interpretation, imo, if the parents actually did know about Yitra's homosexuality. In that case, the trial Jesus alludes to is arguably not about whether the two youths engaged in homosexual acts, but whether homosexual acts, themselves, are sinful. I'm going to opine that His (well really her) last sentences bias the interpretation that homosexuality is not frowned on in heaven (if it exists).

At any rate, if, as a homosexual, you decide to attend a Christian church, and they accuse you of sin for your sexual orientation, a possible response is to say "Jesus doesn't talk about homosexuality, only this Paul guy, and why should I believe him". The other thing you might say is "Where's my trial? Tell me how a homosexual lifestyle hurts me or others above and beyond what a heterosexual life style does. Is it Christian to condemn without a trial?"

You're right about that, 2012 is when I started noticing a shift towards acknowledgement & awareness of social issues. So that gives her about 7 years, and as a full fledged adult. Besides, look at the way she's been living all these years; does it seem like her personal growth was or is dependent on twitter and tumblr? She's spent most of her life in New York and LA for fuck's sake. She went to college and studied Philosophy, of all things. She's been reading self improvement books for more than a decade. She's known so many people, from all walks of life. She's traveled around the world. She has & has had access to more opportunities for self growth than you and I could ever dream of. And she's still acting like a dumb bitch :derpna:

You keep talking about what happens, while I'm talking about what should happen. Oh, abuse victims go back to their abusers, what a great choice! An addict relapsing, awesome! Definitely something to applaud. Come the fuck on here. Disapproval is not the same as denial and/or ignorance. I can acknowledge a situation, understand how it came to be & why it is the way it is, and still conclude that it's a shitty fucking situation. Since when is something automatically okay simply because it's real?

Sorry, it everyone suppose to immediately jump on the social justice bandwagon?

I can't deal with how unnecessarily aggressive this response is. Consider being level headed. Again, there's about a million reasons she could be there - maybe just consider it for a minute? I'm not entertaining the rest of this.

Sorry, it everyone suppose to immediately jump on the social justice bandwagon?

I can't deal with how unnecessarily aggressive this response is. Consider being level headed. Again, there's about a million reasons she could be there - maybe just consider it for a minute? I'm not entertaining the rest of this.

Oh... So that's what it's about :awkney2: Uhkay, got it sis :icant2: 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I think people keep overlooking that the very founder of Hillsong has paid off rape victims... That's no regular church. I'm just saying Lana can do a little research about the place she's going to. I mean, at least for me, I wouldn't go to a random ass place without doing research. As I've stated countless times, it's a good thing we haven't seen her back. I'm saying that this church is known to abuse people, so in terms of Lana's wellbeing and her being very, erm, air head like, it's a good thing she's not revisiting this place that's known to be manipulative. I'd say about half of this thread has been people focusing on the gay conversion therapy thing, which in itself is a form of abuse, but you guys keep overlooking the pedophilia and rape victims being paid off. Obviously there's all of those things in some churches, but if you're smart, you do some research before joining anything, unless you're THAT lost in life, which is sad. I'm just stating, in terms of abuse, Hillsong takes the cake over many Churches I know about. We're not saying other Churches don't have bad things, were saying this has got to be one of the WORST and most publicized, so Lana should at least be vigilant enough to do some searching. But again, glad she hasn't been back.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I think people keep overlooking that the very founder of Hillsong has paid off rape victims... That's no regular church. I'm just saying Lana can do a little research about the place she's going to. I mean, at least for me, I wouldn't go to a random ass place without doing research. As I've stated countless times, it's a good thing we haven't seen her back. I'm saying that this church is known to abuse people, so in terms of Lana's wellbeing and her being very, erm, air head like, it's a good thing she's not revisiting this place that's known to be manipulative. I'd say about half of this thread has been people focusing on the gay conversion therapy thing, which in itself is a form of abuse, but you guys keep overlooking the pedophilia and rape victims being paid off. Obviously there's all of those things in some churches, but if you're smart, you do some research before joining anything, unless you're THAT lost in life, which is sad. I'm just stating, in terms of abuse, Hillsong takes the cake over many Churches I know about. We're not saying other Churches don't have bad things, were saying this has got to be one of the WORST and most publicized, so Lana should at least be vigilant enough to do some searching. But again, glad she hasn't been back.

Not been back *yet* she’s probably using a secret tunnel entrance in the basement

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but someone on Twitter made a long thread about their experience at a church similiar to Hillsong and I think some of ya'll should read it to be more informed about these kinds of churches and their way of thinking.

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1094535341682450432

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

For those who would like Lana's association with Hillsong to end, I wonder if they're taking the wrong tack. I doubt Lana cares what people here think about this. But I'd be surprised if Hillsong wouldn't have a problem with the lyrics of some of her songs (e.g. "Gods & Monsters", "Disco", FMWUTTT, "Money Power Glory", "Religion", just to name a few), Tropico, and some of her dabblings with "the occult"-- reading The Satanic Witch, hexing Trump, posting pics of tarot cards on Insta, consulting mediums, etc.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

For those who would like Lana's association with Hillsong to end, I wonder if they're taking the wrong tack. I doubt Lana cares what people here think about this. But I'd be surprised if Hillsong wouldn't have a problem with the lyrics of some of her songs (e.g. "Gods & Monsters", "Disco", FMWUTTT, "Money Power Glory", "Religion", just to name a few), Tropico, and some of her dabblings with "the occult"-- reading The Satanic Witch, hexing Trump, posting pics of tarot cards on Insta, consulting mediums, etc.

You would think so, but megachurches only have one theology, and it's summed up by the line "Money is the anthem of success". Everything else can be rationalised away.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png