LanaDelReyFR

GQ France: "Lana Del Rey, la pin-up instagram"

No that's BS. That's a theory people made before even asking her. She denied it and explained it was from an art project.

what art project?, i still don't know where her name came from...

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

what art project?, i still don't know where her name came from...

She said she wanted a name that reflected/matched the beauty of the music (she was and still is making), something that sounds beautiful from the tip of the tong. She used to spent lots of time in Florida with her sister and her cuban friends speaking spanish and Lana Del Ray/Rey reminded her of the summer beach, the ocean and the palm trees. Things she likes.

That's basically what she said, she explained in interviews but I don't remember which one.

up45I.gif

She said she wanted a name that reflected/matched the beauty of the music (she was and still is making), something that sounds beautiful from the tip of the tong. She used to spent lots of time in Florida with her sister and her cuban friends speaking spanish and Lana Del Ray/Rey reminded her of the summer beach, the ocean and the palm trees. Things she likes.

That's basically what she said, she explained in interviews but I don't remember which one.

She once said that her managers choose her name, I bet she already forgot it, she's always lying you know

2wn4whw.png

She once said that her managers choose her name, I bet she already forgot it, she's always lying you know

I remember but I don't think they made that name up and told her to switch it. May Jailer, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen, Lizzy and the Phenomena + her countless other monikers on YT, myspace... Lana Del Rey is just an extension of her imagination to me, unless if she had lawyers following her since puberty.

up45I.gif

I remember but I don't think they made that name up and told her to switch it. May Jailer, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen, Lizzy and the Phenomena + her countless other monikers on YT, myspace... Lana Del Rey is just an extension of her imagination to me, unless if she had lawyers following her since puberty.

Looks like she had them, I'll post the quote:
Lana Del Rey came from a series of managers and lawyers over the last 5 years who wanted a name that they thought better fit the sound of the music. My music was always kind of cinematic so they wanted a name that reflected the glamour of the sound.

I think her friends from Cuba and trips to Miami are more lies

2wn4whw.png