Sign in to follow this  
ilovetati

Need Everyone's Help! (Commissioning a Lana Painting)

one picture that comes to mind but I can't find it now, was a totally natural, no make up I believe she was sitting on a stoop/steps somewhat like the famous

picture of Louis Armstrong on a stoop if one can figure out which one I mean. Feeling blurry at the moment so...(probably in the last two years and don't remember if it was Chuck, someone else, or even a selfie

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

one picture that comes to mind but I can't find it now, was a totally natural, no make up I believe she was sitting on a stoop/steps somewhat like the famous

picture of Louis Armstrong on a stoop if one can figure out which one I mean. Feeling blurry at the moment so...(probably in the last two years and don't remember if it was Chuck, someone else, or even a selfie

Was it something from the Carmen shoot?

Was it something from the Carmen shoot?

no

think it might have just been an instagram photo that was not from any shoot at all, she might have taken it herself

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'm considering using this one...I feel like a painted version would be gorgeous. He could even put the Chateau Marmont or some iconic Lana visuals in the background

nXyyMrO.jpg

tumblr_nnvzzwCFTd1rge47no1_1280.png

I'm starting to feel inspired.

This pic with the Chateau or LA skyline (a la Mulholland Drive) in the background. Maybe a couple of other vignettes from Lana...roses or hydrangeas.

large_6af6f6a9-a74a-48f9-943c-ae7b756c06

mulholland-drive-750x400.jpg

18GFKPF.jpg

i love the uv flowers as a background! however i think the plain background that’s already in the pic would look more classic and if you move/change furniture etc it would be able to go with more things. but whatever makes you the happiest when you imagine it is what you should do

UbsOye5.png

i love the uv flowers as a background! however i think the plain background that’s already in the pic would look more classic and if you move/change furniture etc it would be able to go with more things. but whatever makes you the happiest when you imagine it is what you should do

I’m feeling the same, actually. I thought the Chateau over her shoulder might be cool in his style, but I’m liking the simple portrait idea better

New plan!!

An amazing pop art painter from NYC is going to take on my concept. He’s going to use either the hydrangeas from UV or roses from BTD to fill in the background and/or parts of Lana from the pic I selected. I’m so excited!!