SlowGinFizzzz

The Legend of Zelda

I have no idea why there wasn't a Zelda thread before, especially with the hype surrounding the release of Breath of the Wild in 2017. But anyway, since there's quite a few Zelda fans on LanaBoards, it's high time we got our own thread. :creep:

Links-Awakening-Titelbild.jpg

In yesterday's Nintendo Direct, a remake of the 1993 Game Boy classic and fan favourite Link's Awakening was announced, it's scheduled to be released later this year. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, LET'S DISCUSS (both this announcement and the series in general)!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I’M SO EXCITED TO PLAY IT AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH :omg: :omg: :omg:

I’m currently watching my brother’s cats and he has this device with old Nintendo games and I’ve been playing Majora’s Mask EVERY DAY! I’ve been wanting to play it since I was a little kid and I’m SO happy I finally can! :crying:

Follow me on Twitter for Majora’s Mask spam. :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Btw, does anyone have an account on Zelda Universe? I’ve been thinking sometimes to make one to browse the forums but I’m pretty sure I’d get stuck there forever (like I am on LB already lol) so I’m not sure... If yes, what’s it like? I could probably discuss things and details in the games for an eternity.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I can't wait to play Link's Awakening, I've been waiting for this remake for years lol. However, I wonder what we're gonna get after it. I think a Skyward Sword remake is pretty much a given (even teased by Aonuma), plus, they've now covered the obligatory 2D game, so there should be a 3D game again after this. However, I don't think they'd release another remake after this one. Then again, considering BotW's long development time, I wouldn't expect a full-fledged original game either (at least not before 2021), more like something that builds on its foundation? Basically the equivalent of what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina. Who knows? But yeah, I'm definitely excited about the future of Zelda.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I except the next 3D game to be just as wide and open as BotW, just watching the sky from a mountain top was so beautiful. Hyrule had never looked so beautiful before. My fangirl heart died because it was literally everything I wanted. :poordat:

But yeah, I think it will take some time before they release the next major Zelda game. In the meantime, Nintendo will probably release HD versions and this cute version of Link’s Awakening. I don’t think there’ll be a BotW 2 since th DLC expansion packs seem to give players more content already. I’m not sure what else could be added to the story either, unless they make Link go to a foreign land again (like Termina and Koholint for example) for a new adventure.

Spoiler for a reason underneath, don’t read if you haven’t finished BotW:

Because in my imagination, BotW Link and Zelda get together eventually and re-build Hyrule. So many hints were given in the game that Zelda eventually started to like (love) him and it’s not impossible to imagine Link loving her back (I died when I read Link’s own notes in the Sheikah Slate - the Japanese version almost gave him a personality in that way. I mean, he wished to see Zelda smile more!! This ship is SAILING!)

So, it feels like we got a proper ending with BotW and I’m not sure how a continuation (taking place in Hyrule) would be possible.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

By the way, you HAVE to watch Zeltik’s videos on YouTube if you haven’t already - GREAT content and it makes me really happy to know that there’s someone else out there who loves the games as much as I do.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

My favourite game is Ocarina of Time (I have played the original N64 version & 3DS remake). It's just... a truly iconic game. :defeated:

I also have played Majora's Mask (iconic too), A Link To The Past, A Link Between Worlds, Phantom Hourglass (underrated), some of TP.

The music on this game is also wonderful ugh

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

My favourite game is Ocarina of Time (I have played the original N64 version & 3DS remake). It's just... a truly iconic game. :defeated:

I also have played Majora's Mask (iconic too), A Link To The Past, A Link Between Worlds, Phantom Hourglass (underrated), some of TP.

The music on this game is also wonderful ugh

(How have you not finished TP??? :defeated:)

Which songs are your favorites? :D

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I've been playing BotW soundtrack all day - I'm liking it the more I play it. :legend: It felt so odd to not have a majestic song for Hyrule Field the first time I got there but the more I thought about it, it made more sense that "everything" in the game was so silent.

By the way, does anyone here read the manga too? I've read Himekawa's manga for OoT and SS, and I'm currently reading TP (next volume comes out this summer... can't wait!). Shotaro Ishinomori's ALTTP was a bit different but I loved the artwork. I haven't played the game though so I'm not sure how close it was to the real stuff. The TP manga is by far the best of the ones I've read.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@@Clampigirl I've read the manga of OOT, very cool! I also have read sum of MM too, but I didn't like it tbh...

about my favorite songs, my top 5 is:

1. Gerudo Valley

2. Lost Woods

3. ALTTP/ALBW versions of Hyrule Castle

4. Lorule Castle

5. Termina Field

anyways

#leakurazelda

#leakthebetaromofoot

#leakzeldagaiden

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I think the only Zelda manga I've ever read is the short Skyward Sword one that's at the end of the Hyrule Historia book. I'm not really into manga in general, so I guess it's just not for me.

But the music, whew! Hyrule Field (OoT), Gerudo Valley, Windmill Hut/Song Of Storms, Lost Woods, Clock Town, Dragon Roost Island, Hyrule Field (TP), Midna's Lament, Sacred Grove, Ballad Of The Goddess, Isle Of Songs, Faron Woods (well honestly, just the whole Skyward Sword soundtrack), Lorule Main Theme... it's all so GOOD!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think the only Zelda manga I've ever read is the short Skyward Sword one that's at the end of the Hyrule Historia book. I'm not really into manga in general, so I guess it's just not for me.

But the music, whew! Hyrule Field (OoT), Gerudo Valley, Windmill Hut/Song Of Storms, Lost Woods, Clock Town, Dragon Roost Island, Hyrule Field (TP), Midna's Lament, Sacred Grove, Ballad Of The Goddess, Isle Of Songs, Faron Woods (well honestly, just the whole Skyward Sword soundtrack), Lorule Main Theme... it's all so GOOD!

TASTE!!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I've been wanting to get into Zelda for a long time but I never thought I was "ready" for it (idk why) but today I decided to finally start Ocarina of Time (3DS version). I've read that each game tells a different story and features a different incarnation of Link so there's no problem skipping the previous games right?

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I've been wanting to get into Zelda for a long time but I never thought I was "ready" for it (idk why) but today I decided to finally start Ocarina of Time (3DS version). I've read that each game tells a different story and features a different incarnation of Link so there's no problem skipping the previous games right?

Exactly! Almost all games have different Link’s and each of them have different stories so it won’t be a problem to start playing whichever you’d like. :) Most games are taking place after OoT anyway, but that’s not something you’ll automatically notice unless you pay attention to hints and know the official Zelda timeline. :)

Good choice by the way! I think OoT might be my favorite Zelda game. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I've recently come to the conclusion that Zelda, especially OoT, is full of racism and sexism. It might be unintentional, but it's there. I really love Wind Waker and BoTW, but the more I get into these games, I see more and more problems with them. The body features of the Gerudo's are pretty offensive and Link and Zelda always being the white saviors are kinda a turn off. The Gods only favor the Hylians, who are white and blonde af. The woman always seem to be a little helpless w/o Link. Zelda is always in some sort of trouble, even as Sheik. It's been stated that the Gerudo women will search for male mates and often mate with Hylians, but then the Hylians cast the Gerudo's back out into the desert. Ganondorf states in the end of Wind Waker that all he wanted was for his people to escape the desert, then Link turns him to stone by stabbing him in the head. I think BoTW fixed a couple of the race and sexism issues, especially having the monstrous Calamity Ganon be the main villain instead of the large nosed, dark skinned Ganondorf, but there are still plenty of issues that they can address and fix in future games. I love the LoZ, don't get me wrongggggg, but it has it's issuessssss(even if they're unintentional). :) 

I would like to see a Zelda game where Link is a Gerudo/Hylian mix. I dunno, maybe Link could even be a female and Zelda and Link could be lesbianssssssssssss 4 each other. These games break boundaries, but I think they need to reassess and figure out how to fix the issues with past games. I will keep playing these games, I just like staying hyper critical of the media I consume. xoxo

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I've recently come to the conclusion that Zelda, especially OoT, is full of racism and sexism. It might be unintentional, but it's there. I really love Wind Waker and BoTW, but the more I get into these games, I see more and more problems with them. The body features of the Gerudo's are pretty offensive and Link and Zelda always being the white saviors are kinda a turn off. The Gods only favor the Hylians, who are white and blonde af. The woman always seem to be a little helpless w/o Link. Zelda is always in some sort of trouble, even as Sheik. It's been stated that the Gerudo women will search for male mates and often mate with Hylians, but then the Hylians cast the Gerudo's back out into the desert. Ganondorf states in the end of Wind Waker that all he wanted was for his people to escape the desert, then Link turns him to stone by stabbing him in the head. I think BoTW fixed a couple of the race and sexism issues, especially having the monstrous Calamity Ganon be the main villain instead of the large nosed, dark skinned Ganondorf, but there are still plenty of issues that they can address and fix in future games. I love the LoZ, don't get me wrongggggg, but it has it's issuessssss(even if they're unintentional). :) 

I would like to see a Zelda game where Link is a Gerudo/Hylian mix. I dunno, maybe Link could even be a female and Zelda and Link could be lesbianssssssssssss 4 each other. These games break boundaries, but I think they need to reassess and figure out how to fix the issues with past games. I will keep playing these games, I just like staying hyper critical of the media I consume. xoxo

what we have here, friends, is a reach

also how do you enjoy any type of media if you find offense in things that aren't intended to be offensive in any way?

9ISvyf0.gif

VywxQfV.gif

what we have here, friends, is a reach

also how do you enjoy any type of media if you find offense in things that aren't intended to be offensive in any way?

i am not the only one that sees these issues... this paper does a better job at articulating how i feel. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329206110_The_Gerudo_Problem_The_Ideology_of_The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time

here's another forum discussing this topic. 

https://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thread/201519-Racism-in-The-Legend-of-Zelda/

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Loving Ocarina of Time so far. The dungeons are fun and this version of Link is very cute (is he the young Link from Smash Bros?). Just finished the Dondongo's Cavern and I thought they were really cute too, I loved when I played the music and one of them started dancing lmao so far the game has surprised me, I never understood the hype behind LOZ but it's a really cool game.