SlowGinFizzzz

The Legend of Zelda

Ok, there's a Gerudo mark on that... thing. It's gotta be Ganondorf somehow, I don't know how, but it's gotta be him. Hoooooly fuck, yesssssss, this is everything I wanted! :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ok, there's a Gerudo mark on that... thing. It's gotta be Ganondorf somehow, I don't know how, but it's gotta be him. Hoooooly fuck, yesssssss, this is everything I wanted! :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

I'm feeling both my hype and yours can you imagine

ZKcaooE.png

I still haven't finished BotW (RIP @SGF :rip:), but as amazing as it is, it does bug me that there are hardly any proper dungeons, and most of the shrines are boring and forgettable IMO. So I do hope that this sequel builds on all that's good about BotW, but combines it with more "classic" Zelda elements (a more intense story, proper dungeons etc.) and ideally make it a "dark" game in the vein of Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. 

ANYWAY, I wonder if we can expect the kind of visuals we saw in the trailer in the final game, or if it's just a "hype trailer" and the game will have a completely different art style? I mean, usually every Zelda game has its unique art style (the only real exceptions being Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks). But I guess since it's a direct sequel, it might keep BotW's style?

D8y31pjUEAAKoNT.jpg

D8y4WhCXUAU9y7O.jpg

D8y3t2sWwAExmEh.jpg

D8y53TQU0AA6gwi.jpg

D8y53TPV4AAQH7d.jpgD8y53TOUcAAKtLh.jpg

Picture spam hehe.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

^ I'm 100% sure it's a direct sequel, like how Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to The Wind Waker, and how Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Link's Awakening are sequels to A Link to the Past (they're the same hero). Hyrule looked exactly the same, the castle is still there, Link and Zelda's clothes are the same (well, ok, Link has a chainmail now, resembles the Hylian tunic to me), and the art direction look the same... I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the same world or characters. The only time I can recall that Nintendo has shown a teaser for a game with artwork they didn't use in the end was before(?) TP came out. I can't find the trailer now though. :/

And yes, just like you, I do missed the classic dungeons terribly. It was a great game, but the shrines didn't make it for me, only Hyrule Castle felt like a proper dungeon to me. I didn't want to leave, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

^ I'm 100% sure it's a direct sequel, like how Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to The Wind Waker, and how Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Link's Awakening are sequels to A Link to the Past (they're the same hero). Hyrule looked exactly the same, the castle is still there, Link and Zelda's clothes are the same (well, ok, Link has a chainmail now, resembles the Hylian tunic to me), and the art direction look the same... I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the same world or characters. The only time I can recall that Nintendo has shown a teaser for a game with artwork they didn't use in the end was before(?) TP came out. I can't find the trailer now though. :/

And yes, just like you, I do missed the classic dungeons terribly. It was a great game, but the shrines didn't make it for me, only Hyrule Castle felt like a proper dungeon to me. I didn't want to leave, haha.

Not entirely true, the same thing happened before The Wind Waker. In 2000, they showed a trailer that used a more realistic style, and obviously this was changed completely for the final game. And obviously, in the first teaser of "Zelda U" (that was basically just a tech demo) they recreated a scene from Twilight Princess, leading people to believe the game would have that art style. Everything else you said – agreed! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Not entirely true, the same thing happened before The Wind Waker. In 2000, they showed a trailer that used a more realistic style, and obviously this was changed completely for the final game. And obviously, in the first teaser of "Zelda U" (that was basically just a tech demo) they recreated a scene from Twilight Princess, leading people to believe the game would have that art style. Everything else you said – agreed! 

Oh... I thought people were smart enough to see that it was TP lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

"Toy" Link amiibo will introduce a Shadow Link to Link's Awakening (in the dungeoun which is like a "Mario maker" I think, you speak to Dampé, which hasn't been in the game previously to get access to it).

EESfHkX.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

this video is so good. they even translate the green text https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWfDeMiisP4

Ooh, that’s cool but I don’t wanna spoil myself or anything so I won’t watch lol. I could only recognize one Gerudo letter myself, so I’m positive that mummy is Ganondorf somehow. I thought he died/drowned in wind water but, well. :B I’M HERE FOR IT!!

Btw, “rehydrated Ganondorf” is a thing on Twitter and I’m living for it lmao, too funny.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

has anyone played the crypt of the necromancer/zelda indie spinoff yet? i usually don’t shell out anything more than $15 USD for indies but this one’s 25 so i’m hesitant :toofunny: haven’t seen anyone talking about it either other than intense fanboys who think anything nintendo can do no wrong so.......

has anyone played the crypt of the necromancer/zelda indie spinoff yet? i usually don’t shell out anything more than $15 USD for indies but this one’s 25 so i’m hesitant :toofunny: haven’t seen anyone talking about it either other than intense fanboys who think anything nintendo can do no wrong so.......

I haven’t but Zelda fans on Twitter seem to reeaaally love it. Personally, I’ll save my coins for Link’s Awakening and BotW 2, I’ve never bought a Zelda spinoff before and don’t plan on doing it now either. But it’s cool that the people behind the music are fans themselves and apparently have made Zelda remixes and stuff on YouTube. :)

I saw that the original Necrodancer is on a HUGE (huge!!!) sale for Switch, maybe you wanna go to the store and download it to see if the game is something for you before you get the Hyrule version? :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I was hoping for 2023 at earliest but you're right. :toofunny:

2023-2025? Won’t be that long because the switch will be past it’s life span. I’m predicting September 2021 or spring 2022.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2023-2025? Won’t be that long because the switch will be past it’s life span. I’m predicting September 2021 or spring 2022.

I wrote that before there were any news of BotW 2, but yes, I agree with you, 2021 would be possible since the game takes place in the same Hyrule. ;)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I haven’t but Zelda fans on Twitter seem to reeaaally love it. Personally, I’ll save my coins for Link’s Awakening and BotW 2, I’ve never bought a Zelda spinoff before and don’t plan on doing it now either. But it’s cool that the people behind the music are fans themselves and apparently have made Zelda remixes and stuff on YouTube. :)

I saw that the original Necrodancer is on a HUGE (huge!!!) sale for Switch, maybe you wanna go to the store and download it to see if the game is something for you before you get the Hyrule version? :)

i just checked and you’re right!! the sale ends today so i bit the bulletin and bought it. had some gold points so it came out to $1.71 :hooker:

is the only real difference between the original and the new one the zelda theme? the gameplay in both is the same music thing?

and there’s still a long time before links awakening comes out which is why i was curious about it. the only major title im looking forward to that comes out before then is astral chain in august, but i’m finishing gato roboto this week so there’s still a big gap of time that i have to play a few more titles. :deadbanana: