SlowGinFizzzz

The Legend of Zelda

i just checked and you’re right!! the sale ends today so i bit the bulletin and bought it. had some gold points do it came out to $1.71 :hooker:

is the only real difference between the original and the new one the zelda theme? the gameplay in both is the same music thing?

Let me know if it’s a fun game. :creep:

Yeah, it’s a rhythm based game so you gotta jump/skip and defeat enemies in the rhythm to the songs. But I’ve also read that you can turn that off so you can still play without having to be in rhythm. And it’s like you said, the game takes place in a Zelda inspired world and has chests and dungeons (I think?) and everything.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Let me know if it’s a fun game. :creep:

Yeah, it’s a rhythm based game so you gotta jump/skip and defeat enemies in the rhythm to the songs. But I’ve also read that you can turn that off so you can still play without having to be in rhythm. And it’s like you said, the game takes place in a Zelda inspired world and has chests and dungeons (I think?) and everything.

it’s taking so much self-control right now to not just load it up and play :rip: but i have to start getting ready for work in a bit. i prob won’t get to play tonight either but i’ll try to load it up this week after i finish gato roboto.

hrmm... if that’s the case then i’m def not buying unless it’s on sale/gifted to me. $25 is too much for a nostalgia factor when i could just buy another real zelda title that i missed (link between worlds) or another game inspired by traditional zelda (owlboy)

it’s taking so much self-control right now to not just load it up and play :rip: but i have to start getting ready for work in a bit. i prob won’t get to play tonight either but i’ll try to load it up this week after i finish gato roboto.

hrmm... if that’s the case then i’m def not buying unless it’s on sale/gifted to me. $25 is too much for a nostalgia factor when i could just buy another real zelda title that i missed (link between worlds) or another game inspired by traditional zelda (owlboy)

Yeah, my brothers usually do the same, wait for a few months or even years before buying a video game so the price is cheaper. :creep: But one of them promised to get me LA when it’s released. :poordat: <3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

GO BUY IT WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? It's even part of the Nintendo Selects range. :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

On 6/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, fluxodite said:

Do you mean you never played Link Between Worlds or that you want a certain copy? If you haven’t played it, I highly recommend it! I’m not really a gamer but I had another health issue surgery a few years back and played it obsessively while I healed - it was amazing and very creative/tricky!

I'm still stuck in Breath of the Wild. I'm at the part where you gotta hide from the thieves. I always need mental breaks from those kind of games  :um:

You mean the Yiga clan guys? Their hideout was really hard to pass the first times I tried lol, I bet it would’ve been easier if I wasn’t so stubborn to not use stealth elixirs or clothes lol. xD

I’m now a columnist for Zelda Universe, my first text will go up on Friday - look it up if you’d like! :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

You mean the Yiga clan guys? Their hideout was really hard to pass the first times I tried lol, I bet it would’ve been easier if I wasn’t so stubborn to not use stealth elixirs or clothes lol. xD

I’m now a columnist for Zelda Universe, my first text will go up on Friday - look it up if you’d like! :party:

OMG I always check Zelda Universe in the pre-release period of a new game, congrats!!! :kiss:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I am in DEEP during isolation. It's like I forgot how much I loved Zelda.

I played Breath of the Wild for the first time and got like 100 hours out of it on a first play. I wish I could play it again for the first time, I am absolutely floored by how brilliant it was.

Since then, I've picked up a bunch of new ones to play through - I finished Spirit Tracks (which I appreciated as a creative addition to the series), just finished Oracle of Ages and have started Oracle of Seasons. I also picked up Triforce Heroes which is kinda redundant nowadays since no one is ever really on the multi player. But fun to try!

I think I'm gonna next play Ocarina again, and then kick on with another party through of BotW with the expansion pass.

3lfQEhw.png

I bought the BotW DLC pack last summer but haven’t played much of it yet. :hooker: But I’ll definitely finish it before the sequel is out! I’m currently playing a Link to the past, but mostly the new Animal Crossing. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I bought the BotW DLC pack last summer but haven’t played much of it yet. :hooker: But I’ll definitely finish it before the sequel is out! I’m currently playing a Link to the past, but mostly the new Animal Crossing. :)

I am considering getting Link's Awakening but I am way more interested in the open world formats. I am HOPING that Skyward Sword is going to make a port over to Switch but it's so uncertain because when pressed Aonuma basically was insulted at the thought of removing the motion control (by far the worst bit). So then I'm hoping for a port of Windwaker HD or Twilight Princess HD since WiiU lifespan was so short but I think both are pretty unlikely.  :noparty:

Also I saw people on here praising the music!! The taste is jumping out. Zelda was one of the first experiences that got me fascinated with music when I worked out I could play all of OoT's Ocarina tunes on piano. These are some of my favourite musical moments that I'm revisiting lots.

I think this is the strongest opener that the series has ever had. Fun fact - these were the first real instruments ever heard in a Zelda game! I also love the continuation a few scenes later. And of course the whole Ballad of the Goddess theme is just incredible.  :crai:

I wish Windwaker wasn't so fucking boring in the middle, would love to revisit the HD version which apparently cuts it down by heaaaps. The last melody of the title screen is one of my favourite at 9:20. And the Great Sea! And Outset Island! Oh MY.  :fabcat:

The score (and game?) of Majora's Mask is criminally underrated. I can't find a good version of this elsewhere but this arrangement of 'Final Hours' (from 3:45 onwards) is jaw-droppingly amazing. And the transition to Oath to Order! AND THE STRINGS AT 5:30.  :crai:

The fact that the order of the songs goes Fi's Farewell -> Fi's Gratitude -> Zelda's Lullaby -> Goodbye Impa. I can't. Skyward Sword has the worst motion controls but the best story by far.  :rollin:

Other essentials:

• Spirit Tracks Overworld Theme // Spirit Tracks (SURPRISINGLY GOOD)
  • Dark World Theme // A Link to the Past
  • Oath to Order // Majora's Mask (never has there been a more epic song)
  • Dragon Roost // Windwaker
  • Romance in the Air // Skyward Sword
  • All of the Ocarina of Time ocarina pieces!! I can't pick but I guess Serenade of Water or Minuet of Forest are my favourites. We are lucky to have a new orchestral interpretation every now and then which is so awesome!
  • Saria's Song // Ocarina of Time Version (duhhhh) 
  • Song of Storms // Ocarina of Time version (DUHHH)
  • Zelda's Lullaby // Skyward Sword version (DUHHHHHHHHHHH)

I have no opinions on BotW music yet, other than I really liked Tarrey Town and Rito Village (obviously).

Okay I am done . . . for now.

Edit: okay look I've just gotta add one thing - the brilliance behind the gradual frenetic build and danger of Clock Town theme in Majora's Mask across the three days. TRULY TERRIFYING AND BRILLIANT.

3lfQEhw.png

I think my favorite song from Skyward Sword is this one. I still remember how it felt to finally meet Zelda just to have to let her go again. I was so sad!

This cover is also really great, it's just a guitar but that's all that's needed:

The Dark World and Death Mountain have some really amazing tracks in ALTTP/ALBW!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'll never understand the hate that the Skyward Sword motion controls get? I absolutely loved them! They worked very well for me, I never really had to recalibrate while playing, and to me they made the gameplay a lot more immersive than "classic" controls. I mean, you swing the WiiMote Plus and Link swings his sword the exact same way? Blew my mind! I was rather disappointed when they went back to button-centred controls afterwards, although at least the gyroscope stayed in the 3DS/Wii U (and Switch) Zelda games.

When they bring Skyward Sword to the Switch (it's really not a question of "if", but "when" IMO), I'm afraid they'll remove all motion control functionality. I suppose it would still work with the regular Switch's Joy-Cons, but the game would be unplayable on the Switch Lite. Then again, since so many people seem to dislike that kind of controls, maybe a "classic" version might make them give Skyward Sword another chance. It's probably the most underrated (modern) Zelda game in the entire series.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

@@Clampigirl omg such great picks! The Gate of Time one is so gorgeous too. So much of the music in the game is like . . . sneaky cute? Follow Fi is another good mix of mystery/cute but also with a futuristic. I can't remember if I finished Skyward Sword or not (because of the motion controls) but I (re?)watched the ending on YouTube and hooo boy it's a ride! 

Also, this is my favourite CD/soundtrack - it's the most iconic pieces of OoT played with an ocarina and string orchestra. I bought it when I was like 13 and it blew my mind and still does. If you haven't heard this but enjoy Ocarina of Time's music at all, it's an essential listen. 

Okay so basically I see this thread is now a me, Clampi and @@SlowGinFizzzz spiritual journey BYE.

3lfQEhw.png

I'll never understand the hate that the Skyward Sword motion controls get? I absolutely loved them! They worked very well for me, I never really had to recalibrate while playing, and to me they made the gameplay a lot more immersive than "classic" controls. I mean, you swing the WiiMote Plus and Link swings his sword the exact same way? Blew my mind! I was rather disappointed when they went back to button-centred controls afterwards, although at least the gyroscope stayed in the 3DS/Wii U (and Switch) Zelda games.

When they bring Skyward Sword to the Switch (it's really not a question of "if", but "when" IMO), I'm afraid they'll remove all motion control functionality. I suppose it would still work with the regular Switch's Joy-Cons, but the game would be unplayable on the Switch Lite. Then again, since so many people seem to dislike that kind of controls, maybe a "classic" version might make them give Skyward Sword another chance. It's probably the most underrated (modern) Zelda game in the entire series.

I honestly can't recall the overall feel of the game, but for me I think it might've been stuck in an awkward place of wanting to sit down and play but needing to constantly move around so I felt like I couldn't 'relax'? One key moment was when first fighting Ghirahim and he did something with his hand and - if I remember this right - he moves his hand around and would grab your sword, but my hand was flopping around so he would always grab it and basically I spent like an hour trying to get it right. I also remember dying in the sky and/or constantly missing targets . . . because of something motion control related. The same issue with Twilight Princess, which I would like to revisit. Maybe I just subconsciously hate the Wii Remote (probably?).

Also, Fi popping up every hour to say "YOUR BATTERY IS ALMOST DEAD LOL" yeesh. 

Fingers crossed for a remake however. I mean, looking at Windwaker's bad reception due to the celshade, and has now become one of the biggest fan favourite styles (not mine lol), I think it really would be worth a revisit. It has so many GOOD qualities, such as the music, terrific story, beautiful art style, and is the unequivocal 'start' of the series. And it has GREAT character design. Ghirahim! The sass, ego, the fashion, THE TOUNGE - he is a flaming kween and I have no choice but to stan #GhirahimWhiteHotForever. I think, other than Majora, he is the character I am most fascinated about in the whole Zelda universe. BRING HIM BACK. GHIRAHIM FOR SMASH.

tenor.gif

Edit: Edit: actually SlowGinFizzz how do the shrines with motion control from BotW work on Switch Lite? I remember I was playing with my Pro Controller somewhere (Kakariko?) and there was big hammer I literally couldn't move without the motion, so I had to go back to the Joycons. Same with those fuckin random platforms where you need to get the balls to fall through the holes. A truly terrible time.

3lfQEhw.png

I'm actually not sure about the Switch Lite and Breath of the Wild, I still played it on my beloved Wii U. But I believe the Switch Lite still has that gyroscope that is needed to detect movement, it only lacks the detachable Joy-Cons, so you can't "point" at something like you could with the WiiMote Plus in Skyward Sword.

As for the Wii games – I totally understand being frustrated by Twilight Princess since that came out before the Motion Plus update/enhancement for the WiiMote, so it could only – and not very precisely – detect the general direction of movement (which works for games like Wii Sports, but not for Zelda), but no precise movement or "pointing" like it was possible in Skyward Sword with the Motion Plus enhancement/WiiMote Plus.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I had no problem with the motion controls while playing SS either, can only remember one time I was struggling to strike a skulltula (giant spider). ... Oh wait, stabbing could be pretty difficult too. Yeah. But overall, I had a great time and played it twice! I absolutely loved that I could swing the sword myself and be like Link instead of just pressing a button. =P

I guess I can understand the feeling of having to move while playing - I stood up while playing Twilight Princess at first because I wasn't used to the Wii remote, haha!

SS gets lots of criticism for a weak story, bad controls (as in motion controls), Fi's constant interruption about the batteries and the info boxes popping up every time you pick up a new rupee after starting up the game again.(Some say Link looks ugly too lol, I just find him adorable) I get that. But I didn't find those things bad enough to not enjoy the game, and I personally loved the story about how everything started.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png